PDA

View Full Version : best ghost options?

super
27th November 2009, 06:52 PM
im wondering what could i change or add to ghost.cfg that people wouldnt lag at my hosted servers so much ? recently everyone has 500ping when i host
that didnt occur about a month ago
my inet didnt change at all... same dl and upload speed as ever...

Josh_lopes
27th November 2009, 07:58 PM
What do you mean with "hosted server" are u the host and u are using your own pc to host? or u bought a server and u are using it to host your games?

If u are hosting with your pc the solution is kinda simple you need to check:
- If you are downloading, uploading something (if yes stop it). Make sure u aren't updating any app as well.
- Don't abuse of your ram and CPU if u have are using your grond Mother PC.
- Check if your connection is stable, and you have a good download and Upload RATE. It shall be at least +1Mega to host one game (i think). Wireless will ruin your games...

Servers:
- Check the up reasons
- Check the location of your server. If you are from europe and you bought a host on Brasil... well... just ask for a refund and change of server lol (vice versa)

Regards~

super
27th November 2009, 08:04 PM
What do you mean with "hosted server" are u the host and u are using your own pc to host? or u bought a server and u are using it to host your games?

If u are hosting with your pc the solution is kinda simple you need to check:
- If you are downloading, uploading something (if yes stop it). Make sure u aren't updating any app as well.
- Don't abuse of your ram and CPU if u have are using your grond Mother PC.
- Check if your connection is stable, and you have a good download and Upload RATE. It shall be at least +1Mega to host one game (i think). Wireless will ruin your games...

Servers:
- Check the up reasons
- Check the location of your server. If you are from europe and you bought a host on Brasil... well... just ask for a refund and change of server lol (vice versa)

Regards~

ty :)

MiZiGe
28th November 2009, 01:26 PM
^^ grandmother PC :)
anyhow, check also if you have assigned a higher priority to ghost, that helps usually.

Josh_lopes
28th November 2009, 06:31 PM
^^ grandmother PC :)
anyhow, check also if you have assigned a higher priority to ghost, that helps usually.

lol being polite :D

About the priority (correct me if i'm wrong) but i think ghost automatically does that when you start it. I think i read that in some changelog (at least about the process priority).

Mitsuki
29th November 2009, 11:41 PM
bot_lcpings = 1 also helps :)

Optikal
20th December 2009, 06:08 PM
# milliseconds to wait before sending big sized packets to bnet when using PVPGN
bot_bnetpacketdelaybigpvpgn = 4000

# milliseconds to wait before sending medium sized packets to bnet when using PVPGN
bot_bnetpacketdelaymediumpvpgn = 3200

# milliseconds to wait before sending big sized packets to bnet (official)
bot_bnetpacketdelaybig = 4000

You need this settings 1st after for low ping you need setting command:

### use LC style pings (divide actual pings by two)

bot_lcpings = 1

### auto kick players with ping higher than this

bot_autokickping = 420

### the game latency
### this can always be changed for a particular game with the !latency command (which enforces a minimum of 50 and a maximum of 500)

bot_latency = 200

### the maximum number of packets a player is allowed to get out of sync by before starting the lag screen
### before version 8.0 GHost++ did not have a lag screen which is the same as setting this to a very high number
### this can always be changed for a particular game with the !synclimit command (which enforces a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 10000)

bot_synclimit = 10000

I have this! Anyuser from world can play normal they do not lag but they have ping because they live to far like japan or china. Amerikans got 80 ms

So u should know I live in SLovenia ljubljana kapital under from austria near croatia i got 28mbps fiber optik and upload rate 2.5mbps..

For 10 players with ghost you will neeed 5mbps download and 1mbps upload minimum for not all countrys in europe... U need very good conection or ur conection will lag nonstop and forget about ghosting use regular custom start game not ghost. Ghost takes ur conection alot. And memory.

The best ping have in my hosting. All in europe ro at ger sk cz got from 5 ms to 10 ms. HF GL !