PDA

View Full Version : WC3 Menu Fonts changed?

Kryzon
26th September 2009, 04:26 PM
Why did the 1.24 server patch changed my WC3 menu fonts to another one?

It looks ugly, has a serif, and it's not what came with WC3 originally. It didn't even prompt me if I wanted to have the menu font changed.

WTH?

EDIT. Here, for you to see:

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/2006/effinchange.tif

DepReM
26th September 2009, 04:29 PM
Yes, the font is blurry for everyone of us.

Thats a bug from Blizzard, I think.

Kryzon
26th September 2009, 04:41 PM
What you mean?

I'm seriously thinking that it was the eurobattle patch that changed the fonts. After using the Blizzard patch, it runs the game automatically and I didn't notice any weird font, not until I used the Eurobattle patch. So?

GreenPeon
26th September 2009, 04:57 PM
it's not blizzard bug because I had 1.24 for a quite some time and I had no problems with font.. now after eurobattle has updated (after using installer) my font screwed up too.

Nery
26th September 2009, 05:00 PM
Yep, the xpam patch changed the fonts and yes they're horrible. They're eye-cancer.

Maybe someone can set up a tutorial explaining how to get the old font back?

DepReM
26th September 2009, 05:02 PM
I will try to find it out.

Kryzon
26th September 2009, 05:04 PM
Deprem, could you contact the one(s) in charge of the patch to certify the change in fonts?

EDIT: Oops, late post. Ok, thank you for investigating.

Focused
26th September 2009, 05:37 PM
I CANT BELIEVE WHAT IM READING
since when the **** anyone cares if the font is a little blurry .. what are u blind , u cant find the battle.net button ?
unbelievable .. just play the game and dont complain about simple stuff
personally i didnt even notice this ... nor i would have cared if i did notice it

mILOSbRE
26th September 2009, 05:52 PM
I didnt notice too until now but i rly dont care :) even if i do thereis nothing i can do

Felixar
26th September 2009, 06:14 PM
new one is the best for me :P

Herr
26th September 2009, 06:27 PM
I CANT BELIEVE WHAT IM READING
since when the **** anyone cares if the font is a little blurry .. what are u blind , u cant find the battle.net button ?
unbelievable .. just play the game and dont complain about simple stuff
personally i didnt even notice this ... nor i would have cared if i did notice it

+1 :D

Btw it looks cool in games.

Nery
26th September 2009, 07:07 PM
thanks for your meaningless opinions.
if you don't care about the font just don't post here and keep your mouth shut.
those who've been playing this game for ages and would like to have the old normal font back, like me, would like to see some tutorial explaining how to do it.

DepReM
26th September 2009, 07:09 PM
I found a way but I am not going to post it here since it would "undo" all the work moon/shakar/other admins have done :)

^FEAR
26th September 2009, 07:25 PM
Just Diabolic WC3 tools.

Cen
26th September 2009, 07:45 PM
-I didn't notice
-I don't care now
-dunno why changing the fonts in the first place..

Kryzon
26th September 2009, 07:48 PM
those who've been playing this game for ages and would like to have the old normal font back, like me, would like to see some tutorial explaining how to do it.
Couldn't have put it better myself.

I found a way but I am not going to post it here since it would "undo" all the work moon/shakar/other admins have done :)
So, basically what you're saying is "I know how to do it, but I won't tell you because people changed the font out of their own will and you just have to use it"?
No offense, but that's pretty ridiculous. Since when altering the default font is hard work? (i'm not talking about the rest of the Patch). Like Cen said it's pointless and, more importantly, unasked for.
Alas, if they changed it to something else, we can sure bring it back ourselves; You are just purposely making it harder for those in need of help (which is quite displeasing).

EDIT: Thanks for those that suggested the Diabolic Tools, I'll give it a try.

MiZiGe
26th September 2009, 07:49 PM
I actually realised only now what you are talking about - since I use a widescreen, I had my fonts always messed up a bit :)

nvm, let us see what I can find out by bombarding a few people....

Kryzon
26th September 2009, 08:01 PM
I tested the Diabolic Tools, used the font changer feature, but it did not change the Warcraft 3 font.

There isn't much to it, go to the Fonts tab, select the Fritz Quadrata and just click Apply. But that ugly Song Light font is still shown in the game.

Did you test it too?

Smurf
26th September 2009, 08:15 PM
Couldn't have put it better myself.

So, basically what you're saying is "I know how to do it, but I won't tell you because people changed the font out of their own will and you just have to use it"?
No offense, but that's pretty ridiculous. Since when altering the default font is hard work? (i'm not talking about the rest of the Patch). Like Cen said it's pointless and, more importantly, unasked for.
Alas, if they changed it to something else, we can sure bring it back ourselves; You are just purposely making it harder for those in need of help (which is quite displeasing).

EDIT: Thanks for those that suggested the Diabolic Tools, I'll give it a try.
What deprem said should be considered nowhere near to what you just wrote..he probably found some tool that brings W3 to the original,default state ( settings ) of the game,the one battle.net is using and that would pretty much make the connection to our server impossible.
Or it could simply remove the other addons the ebnet staff worked hard for,just to please you..
We'll see what we can do about it,until then ..keep it light with wrong assumptions.

TP_MoonStar
26th September 2009, 08:24 PM
If people do not like this font please vote here (http://eurobattle.net/showthread.php?t=95328) and in the end of the week depending on the pool answer i'll change the default font back.

CroNichaR
26th September 2009, 08:40 PM
But this font doesn't bother me for those icons in channel is hard to read for me i'm little blind ;)

Fire13laze
27th September 2009, 05:09 PM
it somehow changes ur backup or something i then used that and imported it into patch mpq with ladiks mpq editor, it worked, well u can also reinstall wc3 apply 1.24b patch and dont apply euro fix and then import the settings u like on ur own ^^, by the way bloom should have values. As it is it can never be used.

GreenPeon
27th September 2009, 05:15 PM

I agree with you Nery.

kEnT.
28th September 2009, 01:34 PM
bring back old font.

eXtasY
3rd October 2009, 08:52 PM
The new installer allows you to chose if you want to use new font or not. Hope you are satisfied, have fun ;)