PDA

View Full Version : Demolition's Disarm Skill

fingontinuviel
15th September 2009, 12:10 PM
What is the true purpose of demo's lvl 2 disarm? Taken from grilledfish...

Disarm
Disarms stationary explosive ordinance and allows the user to reuse disarmed ordinance.

3 - Level Skill
Level 1 - disarms and re-equips chain explosives.
Level 2 - disarms any explosive and re-equips chain explosives.
Level 3 - disarms and re-equips any placed explosive.

Hence, if I have lvl 2 disarm, am I supposed to be able to disarm clays into ce? This doesn't really make sense since everyone will just stick to level 2. :unsure:

SaladFingerPL
15th September 2009, 03:26 PM
No, read it carefully again :) It says you are able to DISARM ANY explosive, but the only restacked explosive stays... CE. So - if you disarm claymore for example, it vanishes. And no, it does not turn into CE. You simply remove the material.

fingontinuviel
15th September 2009, 04:32 PM
Okay >.> I've been enlightened =D

Firebird
15th September 2009, 07:40 PM
Could be very useful if you're experimenting with shift-laying claymores :). Though the demo getting stuck with an abo on the way is a great way to boost team morale :D.

fingontinuviel
16th September 2009, 05:47 AM
I never get stuck shift-laying clays, only when I use the slower method and placing it right below my marine.

Demo should cluster the team at base and challenge the team to prevent any creeps from blowing them up while he slowly disarms the clusters (:

Fahque_L
17th September 2009, 02:06 PM
rofl at fingo

that sounds pretty hard. However, i challenge you to earn MoH the way Keijin did as demo. He decided to cluster our entire lower base with 80% of our items as an abo came on wave 8. 4 waves later he earns MoH. I suggest to all new demos that they do this strategy to earn MoH nowadays.

in regards to disarm levels, yes sally cleared it up for you in 1.3 map. in the 1.4 and 3 series maps, lev 2 disarm will remove a clay and turn it into a stacked ce, lev 3 will remove a satchel and turn it into a stacked ce. yes this is a little bit imba, but the real reason for it is because there are more abos in the 1.4 maps. Hence the need for more ce.

purg3d
18th September 2009, 03:45 PM
Demo should cluster the team at base and challenge the team to prevent any creeps from blowing them up while he slowly disarms the clusters (:

Defend the clays!.w3x