PDA

View Full Version : How do I use...

Jeffdabomb
8th September 2009, 03:40 AM
I have GHost++ running. I just need to know... How do I host a game? for example, I want to run Vampirism Speed how do I make my Bot create a game for it?

PetyseXy
8th September 2009, 03:45 AM
You need create the map.cfg file. If you want play this map i can create the map.cfg for you, is only upload the map.

More information read this: http://forum.codelain.com/index.php?topic=3538.0

Jeffdabomb
8th September 2009, 03:49 AM
my GHost file does have a mapcfgs file, its just that all it has inside are 2 notepad files of dota, 2 questions..
1. How do I make a notepad file of the game?
2. How do I make my bot start the game?

PetyseXy
8th September 2009, 03:57 AM
1- In the link that i send explain how make an mapcfg
2- old versions !start and the newester (ghost one 16) !startn

And if you don't know how make an map.cfg, upload the map that i make it for you.

Regards ~

Jeffdabomb
8th September 2009, 04:14 AM
so... how do you make the bot create the game you want to play? do you have to type in !load <mapcfgs file name> ?
sorry I'm confused :(

PetyseXy
8th September 2009, 04:19 AM
No use only !start in lobby (without more nothing). When everything is ready types !start and the game will start.

Regards ~

Jeffdabomb
8th September 2009, 04:30 AM
Never mind my old question. I have another (my apologies again)

in my ghost.cfg file isn't there supposed to be an area where I'm supposed to put my username (the one that I log on, rather than the bots?) I can't find it in my file

The reason I am asking is because it appears that that is the problem now. my bot won't respond when I whisper him !load WDM ...

PetyseXy
8th September 2009, 04:33 AM
Post your ghost.cfg and remove your password. Are you sure the map.cfg name is WDM?

CroNichaR
8th September 2009, 04:36 AM
I belive that you will find everything you need here
http://www.eurobattle.net/showthread.php?t=79455

Jeffdabomb
8th September 2009, 04:39 AM
woops typo... I just named by cfg file WDR for Warcraft Darkness Rising... srry

Jeffdabomb
8th September 2009, 05:24 AM
I have managed to get my Bot to get the game loaded to euro battle.net, but after whisper it !load WDR, what do I do next?

PetyseXy
8th September 2009, 05:30 AM
Later of load the map is just start the game, So: !load (or !map), !pub (or !priv) and !start

Go on your ghost folder and read the Commands to know more about the commands.

Regards ~

Jeffdabomb
8th September 2009, 05:33 AM
YES! TY I got it to work! tytytytyty!

Jeffdabomb
8th September 2009, 05:46 AM
one more thing... I'm having trouble joining my game (azeroth wars legacy reborn) I keep getting a pop up saying that 'the game I attempted to join could not be found'. Anyone know the answer?

PetyseXy
8th September 2009, 06:01 AM
Your map.cfg is right? You update your loopback? You have the map (no-cfg map)? Check the map.cfg, probably its a mistaken in map.cfg

Regards ~

Jeffdabomb
8th September 2009, 06:18 AM
okay.. I figured it out, and its really wierd...

in order to host with ghost it will work the first time with any game. but as soon as I try to host another game I get the error message. However, when I reset Warcraft 3 and GHost++ it works again... but just for one time. I'm okay with that. ty so much for your help Pety you rock :D

Jeffdabomb
8th September 2009, 06:36 AM
btw... you wouldn't mind telling me how to update my loopback from a wireless computer... would you?

Taz.
8th September 2009, 02:20 PM
Well, if your IP changes, you must change the IP on the loopback adapter.

Jeffdabomb
8th September 2009, 02:55 PM
Okay, would you mind explaining me how to do that please Taz? I would really appreciate it :)

Jeffdabomb
8th September 2009, 03:06 PM
well, I found out my answer already... http://eurobattle.net/showpost.php?p=834273&postcount=2

but now I have a problem in step
10) Go to the newly created Adapter and right click on it and choose Properties.

Where is the new network adapter I installed? I am using a wireless network on vista so would that make a difference?

PetyseXy
8th September 2009, 04:25 PM
Open the control panel, and click on network connection.

Jeffdabomb
8th September 2009, 07:13 PM
okay, I have that out of the way... but how do I make my GHost from acting how it is in the game lobby (waiting for the game to start, while waiting for everyone?) Here are the problems I've found:

1. In order for my GHost++ bot to here what I have to say, I have to whisper to the bot, rather than having to say '!pub Azeroth Wars reborn #4!' in the game lobby chat.

2. When I ask the GHost to re-publish the game while in the lobby I get an error message that it is already hosting a game, when I want it to refresh the name -.-

Jeffdabomb
8th September 2009, 07:22 PM
in case your wondering, I get this error message

unable to create game [>>>AZEROTH WARS<<<] Another game [Azeroth Wars LR!!! : jeffdabomb : 2/12 : 2m] is in the lobby.

Vladimir
8th September 2009, 07:27 PM
"reinstall" your ghost++ with latest or give GhostOne a shot!

Jeffdabomb
8th September 2009, 07:34 PM
I guess I can try GhostOne a shot
whats the harm?

PetyseXy
8th September 2009, 08:53 PM
in case your wondering, I get this error message

unable to create game [>>>AZEROTH WARS<<<] Another game [Azeroth Wars LR!!! : jeffdabomb : 2/12 : 2m] is in the lobby.

If you create the game >>>AZEROTH WARS<<<, types !pub and will refresh the game. And probably the ghost will recreate the game with the >>>AZEROTH WARS<<< #1, and this can be the big game name

:)

Taz.
9th September 2009, 02:40 AM
There is no harm. It is just more advanced.