PDA

View Full Version : Problem with loopback adapter

Retaj_Joker
6th August 2009, 02:59 PM
hello,
i have added loopback adapter on my computer, and i changed my dynamic ip to static. Now i can host normally with my bot and i can join games, but problem is that i cant no more join on internet with my laptop that is wirless connected with my main computer. Seems that LAN is not working on it, and i will be glad if u can give some explaination about how can i join internet on laptop and make my bot works good.
Thanks

Mitsuki
6th August 2009, 04:42 PM
If you give a static ip for example 1.1.1.1 to your main pc, you should also change starting range from 1.1.1.1 to 1.1.1.2 so your laptop doesnt get ...1 ip by mistake. OR set a static ip for your laptop also, for example 1.1.1.2. If you are planing to have more computers connected, change starting range of dynamic ip so it doesnt include the ip of your pc or laptop.

KonK
6th August 2009, 04:46 PM
hello,
i have added loopback adapter on my computer, and i changed my dynamic ip to static. Now i can host normally with my bot and i can join games, but problem is that i cant no more join on internet with my laptop that is wirless connected with my main computer. Seems that LAN is not working on it, and i will be glad if u can give some explaination about how can i join internet on laptop and make my bot works good.
Thanks

When you say you have changed your dynamic IP to static, you mean in your primary local connection? if so, undo that. You should be getting an automatic Local IP from your router. Your router might be giving the same IP address to your laptop and your desktop. The static thing should be in the loopback adapter.

Mitsuki
6th August 2009, 04:54 PM
When you say you have changed your dynamic IP to static, you mean in your primary local connection? if so, undo that. You should be getting an automatic Local IP from your router. Your router might be giving the same IP address to your laptop and your desktop. The static thing should be in the loopback adapter.

He uses static ip because he has installed loopback adapter....

Japs_bolt[br
18th November 2009, 08:32 PM
well, when u change your WAN connection type to STATIC IP you must config the IP adress...I usually set it into 10.0.0.2, set the subnet mask to 255.0.0.0, set the default gateway to 10.0.0.1 and set the primary DNS to 10.0.0.1.
As well, try checking if you have put an password to use your wireless conection.I suggest you to do that.Doin' that, you must update, at your laptop, your internet connections and config it for you to enter with your username and password.
Hope have helped!

M0seS
18th November 2009, 11:07 PM
didnt help to me. even tried to put cable.. my friend still cant connect to game i host :/

Japs_bolt[br
19th November 2009, 01:33 PM
do you use ghost++ or ghost one?