PDA

View Full Version : creating the loopback on vista ,need a lil help

Tiger123
23rd July 2009, 03:27 PM
hi there, its me tiger again. i just bought a few days ago new pc which has got the vista operating system the problem is that i can't seem to be able to figure how to set up the the loopback correct. what i am sayign is when i enter the ip adresss of mine to "local area 2" i always get the "limited" connection... also i dont know what to do with v6 or v4 , the v6 always says the ip is incorrect and the v4 alone wotn do it :/ so if u can give me advice would be awesome .

best regards.
- Tiger123.

Taz.
23rd July 2009, 09:09 PM
Patience, is what you need.

Why are you creating a loopback adapter ? Are you using Ghost ++ ?

Tiger123
23rd July 2009, 09:45 PM
Patience, is what you need.

Why are you creating a loopback adapter ? Are you using Ghost ++ ?

yes, i always used to host games with mine old pc with ghost ++, but with this one i know i wont be able to since the "local area 2" shows the connection is limited and it wont work.

i will try to be more specific, i dont really know what to write in or just how to shut down the v6 cuz it wont accept mine external ip i type in. the v4 seems to be fine. assuming that i can't type anything into the v6, that is what causes the "limited connection". i really really need help with this, i am new with vista, i had a few pcs before based on xp vista seem to be different story :/

Taz.
23rd July 2009, 09:53 PM
Why are you using a loopback adapter ?

Tiger123
23rd July 2009, 09:57 PM
Why are you using a loopback adapter ?

well i can't connect my own game if i host it with ghost... :/