PDA

View Full Version : Problem while installing the server. help?

knight26
21st July 2009, 12:08 PM
I do everything as i should do. i got 1.23 patch. i downloaded the new server installer from both mirrors given on this forum. and with the both i had the same results. this error image appears on my screen whenever i try to run the setup:

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/923/39092265.jpg

.anyone knows where the problem stands?
I tried renaming the file to irsetup.exe but that didn't work either.. any solutions?

Mitsuki
21st July 2009, 03:02 PM
You should have admin rights

knight26
21st July 2009, 04:18 PM
You should have admin rights
What?..

iStealSkills
21st July 2009, 04:36 PM
Ok ... I think that Mitsuki mind on this :

1. Go to Control Panel
2. Select User Accounts
3. See my picture :

Picture :

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4264/control.jpg (http://img338.imageshack.us/i/control.jpg/)

Do you have Computer Administrator Account or Limit Account on your Computer Account ???

knight26
21st July 2009, 08:00 PM
Ok ... I think that Mitsuki mind on this :

1. Go to Control Panel
2. Select User Accounts
3. See my picture

Do you have Computer Administrator Account or Limit Account on your Computer Account ???

I am logged in with the Administrator account.. I always use that.
And i didn't understand Mitsuki clearly. Anyway thanks Reggal, but doesn't fix my problem :(

Mitsuki
21st July 2009, 10:19 PM
deactivate antivurs so it doesnt start on when you turn on your pc, restart pc, redownload, reinstall. Or add this file to safelist of your antivirus

knight26
22nd July 2009, 11:17 AM
deactivate antivurs so it doesnt start on when you turn on your pc, restart pc, redownload, reinstall. Or add this file to safelist of your antivirus

File is not shown as threat to my antivirus, so i guess this has nothing to do with what u mentioned above.. :( :(. still doesn't solve the problem..

Mitsuki
22nd July 2009, 12:33 PM
First install warcraft III : Frothen Throne... not roc..

knight26
22nd July 2009, 02:31 PM
First install warcraft III : Frothen Throne... not roc..

O.o i do have warcraft 3 frozen throne.

Daniz
23rd July 2009, 04:37 PM
I got the same problem. I did try with 2 administrator accounts and still same problem.

Focused
23rd July 2009, 05:36 PM
if i may
u need warcraft 3 reign of chaos installed , then frozen throne .. then patch 1.23 and then xpam IF im mistaken correct me ...
i dont wanna offend anyone but PLS get basic computer knowledge ... also i belive forums offer instructions on how to install stuff ..
=))
HF

Cen
23rd July 2009, 08:09 PM
if i may
u need warcraft 3 reign of chaos installed , then frozen throne .. then patch 1.23 and then xpam IF im mistaken correct me ...
i dont wanna offend anyone but PLS get basic computer knowledge ... also i belive forums offer instructions on how to install stuff ..
=))
HF

If he has TFT then he obiously had to install ROC first. Lol?

Anyway, have no idea about the error you get. It must be something with OS or some program.

1. If it is OS, then I have no idea.

2. Run pc in safe mode

OR

If it's program, do this: go Run>Msconfig>Startup tab>Uncheck all
Then go Services>Check the box "Hide microsoft services>Uncheck all

Restart PC. This will run the PC with windows services only,. excluding any program to cause the bug.

If this won't help, contact microsoft help maybe...easiest way.

You can set up everything back to normal by going to msconfig again and check all boxes again.

Taz.
23rd July 2009, 08:11 PM
If you would read the error, you would understand. It says that you are missing setup.exe in the current path. Your windows files have some corruption.

knight26
11th August 2009, 01:25 PM
If you would read the error, you would understand. It says that you are missing setup.exe in the current path. Your windows files have some corruption.
i know that the error says the filepath is bad. but i don't see why is it showing that message to me?.

EDIT: i reinstalled the server installer, and now it works perfectly. thanks all for trying :D.

Mitsuki
11th August 2009, 01:44 PM
I said it long time ago... reinstall it....

:locked: