PDA

View Full Version : How to allow only a specific country with Ghost?!

kenkenzo
10th July 2009, 07:42 PM
What's up good people!

I've seen some players using this command in some games like "!only br" to allow only BR players to join the room.
The thing is that when I do that nothing happens, what should I change in my GHost to be able to use this command?

(My Ghost is GHost++ Version 13.3)

And another thing I've seen, is that players often use the command !pub in the game lobby to REFRESH the room I guess, so if the room is called Dota br 4x4 arem come!, when the admin puts that command it becomes Dota br 4x4 arem come! #1.
Now for me I have to type like, !pub Dota br 4x4 arem come! #1. I have to type all over again and add the #1 or change the name of the room.
how can I do that too? It's a much faster than having to type all over again and again until the room gets full...

My version of Ghost doesn't support this commands?
Hope u guys can help me! :)

Vladimir
10th July 2009, 07:45 PM
That looks like GhostOne, what you saw. But i think that there are that kind of features in ghost++ too.

kenkenzo
10th July 2009, 07:47 PM
Oh .. Ok ..
GhostOne is better or something?

Vladimir
10th July 2009, 07:47 PM
I cant say that :D but it has much more features!

kenkenzo
10th July 2009, 07:52 PM
But the Hosting is kinda the same?
Like it works like Ghost but with more features?

MiZiGe
10th July 2009, 07:55 PM
the difference basically is, someone did put a lot of work and time into customizing ghost++ and the result: ghostOne. Most importantly, it gives you a GUI /graphic user interface/ which is more comfortable when you set up your ghost then fidling with the ghost.cfg. Secondly, it has new features over the original ghost++.

Of course, there are a lot more possibilities you can use with ghost++, but since not everyone does C++ (or w/e language it is), it is the best way to take.
The commands you have described are featured in Ghost One. So be sure to check it out:
http://eurobattle.net/showpost.php?p=908530&postcount=2

Vladimir
10th July 2009, 08:04 PM
Yeah, Mizge is totaly right.
However, since that link its little outdated (download link for GhostOne specialy) ill feel free to post updated:

For download:
http://forum.codelain.com/index.php?board=24.0
For info:
http://forum.codelain.com/index.php?topic=1274.0

MiZiGe
10th July 2009, 08:10 PM
yeah, just noticed ^-^ will need to update it.

anyhow,kenkenzo, look through what we wrote, download ghostone and see if you like it (or not).

:locked:

kenkenzo
10th July 2009, 09:37 PM
I did it...It's much better than ghost :)

But there one problem... When i'm already in the game playing i can't use any commands.. like when someone leaves the game I try to !ban <player name> and nothing happens. I can't even ping, latency or end when i'm playing...

what did i do wrong?

Taz.
11th July 2009, 09:31 PM
There is no need to update it on the forum, because the program it self has an auto-updater. People can update it from the client it self.

Are you the game creator ?