PDA

View Full Version : Server updated to W3 1.28.5

Cen
18th August 2017, 01:53 AM
Update instructions on WiKi (http://wiki.eurobattle.net/index.php?title=Main_Page).

In short:
-if you are existing user on 1.28.2, client should autoupdate you and you don't have to do anything. Just run the client, leave it be until it finishes (1-2 minutes).
-if autoupdate fails for whatever reason:
--use launcher or full w3 update to update your game, then run installer v9 (see wiki)
--open a topic in technical support with content of xpam.log

Me and other moderators will be available on the forum and discord (https://discord.gg/byW7rHN) extensively in the next days for troubleshooting.

Portuguese translation and video tutorial is in the works.

La, Br and Ss bots should be back online.

Ent bots should be back soon too, I notified the head admin.

What is new?
-1.28.5 fixes stupid bugs from 1.28.2 like non-unicode windows names etc
-client should now be able to (quickly) update the game automaticaly, if you are using english unmodified w3
-you can download the full (correct) game version from a client using the "Perform full W3 update" button if quick update fails for some reason
-better 4K screen support in installer and client
-fixed many client bugs, such as changing w3 path to blank
-client will auto-download missing dota map for you on startup
-some prep work for dota 6.88 which is currently hidden. Dota 6.88 is not yet default and not ready.

List of problems and solutions: http://eurobattle.net/threads/207120-1-28-5-problems-and-solutions

Best regards, Administration

PS: stefos says hello

kacior
18th August 2017, 10:19 AM
Hi there, i'm running on linux and it worked well since this update. Now i have Patch error when try to turn on. "There was an error patching war3.exe (Unable to read memory). Make syure you are using version 1.22a-1.28a."
Once i had similar error on previous version and i fixed it by replace some files. I checked war3.exe and it does works (game turn on but can't connect to server). I have the same error when try open w3l.exe. Could you help me? or i have to connect by other server?
PS I don't paste here log file because there isn't nothing useful. Opening in terminal didn't show nothing useful too.

Cen
18th August 2017, 11:11 AM
Hi there, i'm running on linux and it worked well since this update. Now i have Patch error when try to turn on. "There was an error patching war3.exe (Unable to read memory). Make syure you are using version 1.22a-1.28a."
Once i had similar error on previous version and i fixed it by replace some files. I checked war3.exe and it does works (game turn on but can't connect to server). I have the same error when try open w3l.exe. Could you help me? or i have to connect by other server?
PS I don't paste here log file because there isn't nothing useful. Opening in terminal didn't show nothing useful too.

Did you get the new w3l.exe that comes with the installer?

Btw, as far as I know, w3l stopped working on linux since 1.27b due to ASLR differences in wine and windows. Not sure how you got it working on 1.28.X.

kacior
18th August 2017, 11:26 AM
I don't updated it manually. I used automatic mode from xpam.exe.
I don't remember how i forced it to works. It was long time ago. But as i remember firstly i made it works on europe.warcraft3.eu server. Then I made something and it worked on eurobattle.net too. I'll send here solution if i will find any.
EDIT
Can i download only the newest patch?

J0c3r
18th August 2017, 12:37 PM
Unable to validate game version. Please connect to Battle.net, or apply....... (1.28.5.7680) had no problem with the old patch.

kacior
18th August 2017, 12:54 PM
I came back to 1.28.2 to update it again, but xpam see like it is 1.28.5 and doesn't want to let update it. It is actually this elder version because i checked it in game.
I can connect by battle.net because i haven't key.

MasterOgi
18th August 2017, 02:32 PM
Hello, until this patch eurobattle was working fine but starting from this one whenever i try to run gproxy gateway or normal gateway or just warcraft i get this error: Warcraft III was unable to initialize. Error 3. If someone could help me how to solve this since this was not problem on any other patch until this one, atleast for me.

Cen
18th August 2017, 02:35 PM
Hello, until this patch eurobattle was working fine but starting from this one whenever i try to run gproxy gateway or normal gateway or just warcraft i get this error: Warcraft III was unable to initialize. Error 3. If someone could help me how to solve this since this was not problem on any other patch until this one, atleast for me.

Try to do a full update.

MasterOgi
18th August 2017, 02:44 PM
yeah that's what i have done since autoupdate didn't work

kacior
18th August 2017, 02:59 PM
I tried full update. I downloaded all patches, this 1gb and then i got error while patching. I couldn't do anything, then restarted xpam and then it wanted to download it again ;/.
EDIT: Could someone look in this file to look for the patch file? C:\users\kacior\Local Settings\Application Data\Blizzard\Warcraft III\BattleNet\Downloads\www_warcraft3_eu_enUS.mpq
Of course instead of kacior your own name and not necessarily this file. Just patch, maybe updater didn't remove this.

kacior
18th August 2017, 03:22 PM
@MasterOgi Have you tried to connect by warcraft3.eu?

Cen
18th August 2017, 03:32 PM
Hmm google search for this error does not bring anything obvious. I'd try a game reinstall with the launcher tool.

kacior
18th August 2017, 04:07 PM
I have updated w3 to 1.28.5.7680 warcraft works well but now i can't connect to eurobattle neither warcraft3.eu. I got error "Unable to validate game version. Please reconnect to Battle.net, or apply the current game patch manually."
Now i don't know how to solve it, none useful notifications or errors.

makink
18th August 2017, 05:10 PM
Hello all,
I have too problem with connection to W3.
Update runed automatically and everything was ok.
But if i join gproxy it can´t join to W3.
In log i see this error: [18-08-2017 16:10:04][SYSTEM][LOG_INFO] Waiting W3... [18-08-2017 16:10:05][SYSTEM][LOG_ERROR] W3 did not start in time. Shutting down
18-08-2017 16:10:05][SYSTEM][LOG_INFO] GPROXY EXITING

Could someone help me with this issue ?

Thomas40
18th August 2017, 05:20 PM
Hello, ACTIVATION for ACC is doesn't work.

Cen
18th August 2017, 05:33 PM
Hello, ACTIVATION for ACC is doesn't work.

http://eurobattle.net/threads/198758-About-email-activation-problems!/page10

marian1012
19th August 2017, 02:26 AM
kay so here's the problem, autoupdate didn't work so I let it perform the full update, then I got the same error as this guy

(...)whenever i try to run gproxy gateway or normal gateway or just warcraft i get this error: Warcraft III was unable to initialize. Error 3.(...)

I installed the v9 installer manually, didn't help. Then I reinstalled the whole game, run the client and let it do the full update again, it was taking much longer than last time (like 3h) then at 90% some error popped up and the client closed. I couldn't resume the update, now it's asking me to run it once again, which obviously I'm not willing to do. What else can I do so it doesn't take another day to install some minor patch?

Cen
19th August 2017, 02:10 PM
If you reinstalled the game with launcher tool, client should not ask you for update anymore. Do you still have that error at 90%? I'd be interested to know what it is.

Anyway, check the wiki, section "Updating game to 1.28.5 if everything else fails", just extract the zip and you should be good. Or install the game with the launcher tool, which will get you to 1.28.5 by default.

Cen
19th August 2017, 03:06 PM
Compiled a list of solutions here, should be helpful http://eurobattle.net/threads/207120-1-28-5-problems-and-solutions

marian1012
19th August 2017, 03:35 PM
Reinstalled with the laucher and it works now, yeah. Thanks for ur reply. Just one more thing - will the native fullscreen be working properly with this patch? I don't rly mind if u can't minimize the game or if the sound keeps playing when u do etc, it's just that for some reason when not playing on native fullscreen the mouse movements are sluggish for me which makes it difficult to play. It was the same with the previous patch until native fs got implemented and resolved it. It's somewhat playable in the windowed mode but still not as comfortable as the native fs was.

Cen
19th August 2017, 03:44 PM
It should work, you have a checkbox to turn on native fullscreen. If it doesn't, let me know. THis worked in 1.28.2 already btw.

marian1012
19th August 2017, 04:09 PM
ya I know about the checkbox, and technically it works, but squeezes the game more or less to the windowed size and moves it to the left, I'm currently playing with the game options trying to fix it

edit: kay got it to work now thanks

Cen
19th August 2017, 05:02 PM
Small fix to installer, it will now refuse to continue if your w3 path contains non-ASCII chars since it causes all kinds of problems. Client will also be released shortly via autoupdate and it will warn you about it.

omr
19th August 2017, 08:58 PM
can you actıvate my account ??? faruk-tuysuz@hotmail.com account name faruktysz

Claw
19th August 2017, 11:39 PM
guys i have a different problem: i auto updated the client and it didn't work, when i tried to run the game on normal gateway it just stated 'w3 closed' (in the bottom space of the client window)- even the crash log didn't say anything. then i updated it fully- the 1gb thing, however nothing changed after that either, the client only states 'w3 closed'. i decided to uninstall the whole client, downloaded the installer_v9 from Warden, and when the installation is supposed to start, the installation window simply freezes right at the start, at 0%.it stays frozen and absolutely nothing happens, and i can't exit it unless i run the task manager. i tried running it as admin, deactivated my firewall and anti-virus (did that as well even before i uninstalled everything), and it didn't help.
so did anyone experience the same thing?

Cen
20th August 2017, 12:29 AM
If you run w3l.exe in w3 folder, what happens?

rascox
20th August 2017, 02:11 AM
Custom game has 2 3 games.Does not see other games why?Only custom hero footies are entering.

Claw
20th August 2017, 04:54 AM
it runs normally, without any problems. the client is still refusing to budge when i try to install it, ill try other possible solutions tomorrow tho

-there was probably a problem with my pc because i managed to install it today; however it's the same problem again, the client won't launch w3,and after i downloaded the 1gb update, the xpam application was removed as well as the gproxy client shortcut and i have absolutely no idea where is it. client log stated that it was moved into the w3 folder, however it is not there. also, the w3l runs normally as well as the other shortcuts

Cen
20th August 2017, 12:35 PM
Which OS do you have?

Claw
20th August 2017, 03:30 PM
i'm on windows 7 m8 ,does it make a difference for the client?

Claw
22nd August 2017, 06:59 PM
sorry but, i tried everything i know, and i just can't run the client. i can't find the solution and the problem stayed the same: the client states 'w3 closed', and 'waiting w3...could not start gproxy, process failed to start; no such file or directory'. no previous installer gave me any trouble up until now, so am i doing something wrong?

Cen
23rd August 2017, 10:54 AM
Turn on debug for gproxy and post full gproxy log here

Claw
23rd August 2017, 09:28 PM
debugging turned on
gproxy log:
[22-08-2017 17:48:01][SYSTEM][LOG_INFO] starting winsock
[22-08-2017 17:48:01][SYSTEM][LOG_INFO] setting process priority to "above normal"
[22-08-2017 17:48:01][SYSTEM][LOG_INFO] Listening for gproxy games on port [6125]
[22-08-2017 17:48:01][SYSTEM][LOG_INFO] Listening for warcraft 3 connections on port 6112
[22-08-2017 17:48:01][SYSTEM][LOG_INFO] GProxy++ Xpam Version 13
[22-08-2017 17:48:01][SYSTEM][LOG_INFO] List of commands: !commands
[22-08-2017 17:48:01][SYSTEM][LOG_INFO] GPROXY READY
[22-08-2017 17:48:01][SYSTEM][LOG_INFO] Waiting max 25 seconds for W3 to start
[22-08-2017 17:48:01][SYSTEM][LOG_INFO] Waiting W3...
[22-08-2017 17:48:02][SYSTEM][LOG_INFO] Waiting W3...

client log file:
W3 path sanity check: D:\Program Files\Warcraft III
Client is up to date
Requested patch: stable
No newer patch exists. Xpam is up to date
Update finished
Client update finished
Client is up to date
D:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Warcraft III.exe
W3 is up to date
Checking if DotA map exist: DotA v6.85k Allstars.w3x
DotA v6.85k Allstars.w3x exists.

-client screenshot: https://files.fm/down.php?i=ctn4889e&view

-w3 folder screenshots: https://files.fm/down.php?i=f6sey69f&view
https://files.fm/down.php?i=dj9q59nm&view
notice how the launcher icons have their modification date changed, the game runs normally tho

anything else? :)

kacior
23rd August 2017, 10:40 PM
There isn't w3l.exe, is it normal?

Cen
24th August 2017, 11:29 AM
@Claw: maybe your antivirus deleted gproxy.exe and w3l.exe? Check if both exists (gproxy.exe in erobattle.net folder and w3l.exe in w3 folder)

I should probably make a check if both exist and print a warning for case like this.

Claw
24th August 2017, 11:14 PM
this is how my eurobattle.net folder looks like: https://files.fm/down.php?i=8sgct4ea&view
yea well, they are not in any folder (not w3 or eurobattle), and now that's it's probably deleted, what can i do now? somehow i doubt that the anti-virus deleted it tho, those icons disappeared after i downloaded the 1gb update.. also you can see that in the first link of my w3 folder, there is the 'blizzarderror' icon, which also got there after the update, nothing happens when click on it. oh, and i also can't uninstall the client- either from the folder, or the control panel.

-post edit:
guys, just now for the first time in this week the client managed to uninstall itself- all of the sudden, just like that :/
i reinstalled it and now, also all of the sudden, runs normally, like nothing happened at all. however i won't download the 1gb update so that things don't get screwed up again. right now i'm also hoping that it will run normally later on, cause i already thought that i had to reinstall the whole game.
anyway i will let you know if there will be some kind of new problem, thank you so much for your replies and for spending your time on this article and have a nice day

Cen
25th August 2017, 12:51 AM
w3l and gproxy getting deleted happened several times now to multiple people, especially avast users, so the fact that both of them are missing for you is a strong indicator for me that that is exactly what happened. So if bug re-appears, make sure you check that and whitelist both

the zip update can't delete files, only overwrite them so that theory is not possible

Claw
25th August 2017, 07:07 PM
ok, thx!

Corristo
26th August 2017, 11:42 AM
Hi Cen!
My problem is (maybe it's a general problem), that when I'm alt-tabbing from the game, I can still hear the background noises.Previously when I tabed the game sounds were muted. Can we expect any update on client to fix that, or it will stay?

Cen
26th August 2017, 02:09 PM
Hi Cen!
My problem is (maybe it's a general problem), that when I'm alt-tabbing from the game, I can still hear the background noises.Previously when I tabed the game sounds were muted. Can we expect any update on client to fix that, or it will stay?

Try to tick "native fullscreen" box in client

Corristo
26th August 2017, 10:36 PM
Try to tick "native fullscreen" box in client

Seems like that one was ticked. Open GL was also ticked, I unticked Open GL, and now it's fine. Strange becouse before that I had them both ticked and there was no problem.

Cen
27th August 2017, 04:17 PM
Hmm, I think I had a similar problem with opengl and native fullscreen not working together. I'll do some tests and try to fix it.

mrtbasol
22nd October 2017, 08:37 PM
mereba ben warcraf3 1.06 sürümü yükledim eskiden oynuyordum şimdi bu sürümü nasıl 1,26 veya 1,28 yapabilirim . denedim ama olmadı yardım edebilirmisin önerileriniz.. teşekkürler.

mrtbasol
22nd October 2017, 08:43 PM
warcraft3 online multi lan oynamak istiyorum ne yapmalıyım

mrtbasol
22nd October 2017, 08:44 PM
mereba i have installed warcraf3 version 1.06 i was playing before now how can i make this version 1.26 or 1.28. I tried but it did not help your suggestions .. thanks.
mereba i have installed warcraf3 version 1.06 i was playing before now how can i make this version 1.26 or 1.28. I tried but it did not help your suggestions .. thanks.

mrtbasol
22nd October 2017, 08:45 PM
I want to play multi-lan online warcraft3 what should i do
I want to play multi-lan online warcraft3 what should i do

luke
22nd October 2017, 10:13 PM
http://warden.eurobattle.net/downloads/file/44

Install the client and it will update your game automatically

Junior_d2
28th November 2017, 07:23 AM
Im getting 2 errors...

When I try to install the Installer v9.

http://www.image-share.com/upload/3646/37.jpg (http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-3646-37.html)

and when I try to connect to eurobattle with Frozen Throne.exe i got this.

Obs. Selecting Eurobattle.net server

http://www.image-share.com/upload/3646/36.jpg (http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-3646-36.html)

luke
28th November 2017, 07:03 PM
You can't connect without the installer. And you need the frameworks in order to install it: http://warden.eurobattle.net/downloads/file/35 http://warden.eurobattle.net/downloads/file/20
Check if you have them, also contact us on discord

CronYshor
30th December 2017, 07:11 PM

how to fix this ?

luke
30th December 2017, 08:07 PM

how to fix this ?

I think your game is corrupted, how did you install it?

CronYshor
30th December 2017, 08:31 PM
solved :D

uvau1231
15th January 2018, 10:43 PM
kolay gelsın bu sorun bendede var aynen bu sekıl yazıyor nasıl yapabılırım yardımcı olurmusunuz

klee
22nd February 2018, 03:37 AM
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/warcraft-iii-patch-1-29-ptr.303503/

theres 1.29 patch and the updates are actually very huge