PDA

View Full Version : 1.28.2 public BETA testing

Cen
1st May 2017, 09:19 PM
Hello

Please read these instructions carefully.

The following steps will get you to W3 1.28.2+eurobattle+ability to connect to a BETA PvPGN server (beta server is completely empty, is missing user accounts and is seperate from main server). Create a server account on battle.net login screen. You will then be asked to activate your account. Post your account in this thread and we will activate it manually. After activation you will also receive access to a bot that resides on bots channel and has all the needed maps to test.

There are also some pre-made accounts already on server which you can use: bot1, bot2, bot3, bot4 (pass: 123456)

1. Backup your current Warcraft 3 folder. Copy it somewhere safe.

2.0 If you have official W3 copy, update to 1.28.2 by joining battle.net

2.1 If you do not have an official W3, get WVS from the torrent attached to this post. Version switching takes around 20seconds on an SSD, make sure the progress bar finishes after double click. WVS is huge because 1.28.2 replaced whole game archives for unknown reason.

3.0 Run installer v8: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0glACajmi8tT1pOdjYyNEx3NGc

There are 2 different scenarios we need to test so if you do one or some of these combinations, please let us known in the post below:

Patched via official
Patched via WVS

Used installer
Worked/Didn't work
Worked/Didn't work

Post results in the table shown above.

One extra info on 1.28.2: now your Maps, Replays and other writable content are placed in your Documents/Warcraft III folder. Our client will automatically ask you if you want to move your folders from W3 folder to Documents/Warcraft III folder if you patched using WVS. To easily switch between 1.27 and 1.28 you can copy all maps back to W3 and have them in both places.

Also, please seed the WVS torrent for some time so other testers can download faster.

The more testers the sooner the better.. so we can update main server as soon as possible.

The_Naftalin
2nd May 2017, 11:13 AM
Patched via VWS/Used installer: Worked.
Although i had problems with client or client update for first time, the total delete of client helped only. Then this installer v8 worked finally.
Bot3 is online in beta server now:)
Im trying to use entgaming thru entconnect now, so i can see how 1.28.1 works.

Cen
2nd May 2017, 12:31 PM
Patched via VWS/Used installer: Worked.
Although i had problems with client or client update for first time, the total delete of client helped only. Then this installer v8 worked finally.
Bot3 is online in beta server now:)
Im trying to use entgaming thru entconnect now, so i can see how 1.28.1 works.

Can you tell in more detail what problems you encountered with client update?

edit: we experienced w3 crash on dota game startup so if possible, try joining a game with someone else

The_Naftalin
2nd May 2017, 01:01 PM
Mainly my own stupidity: earlier problems with wrong directories of client plus anti-virus blocking system...
The startup crash occurs anytime before when 1.27 player connects to 1.28 lobby. I cant tell you more now, cuz i cant connect to entgaming lobbies with this 1.28.1

Can you tell in more detail what problems you encountered with client update?

edit: we experienced w3 crash on dota game startup so if possible, try joining a game with someone else

mehrdad2015
2nd May 2017, 01:15 PM
Mainly my own stupidity: earlier problems with wrong directories of client plus anti-virus blocking system...
The startup crash occurs anytime before when 1.27 player connects to 1.28 lobby. I cant tell you more now, cuz i cant connect to entgaming lobbies with this 1.28.1

maybe becuase still entgamings bots not add to eurobattle yet its take some time for sure...

Cen
2nd May 2017, 01:39 PM
Yeah forget about entgaming and beta server, there are no external bots on beta server unless someone will specificaly add them there. This server is just for testing. There is one bot on channel bots and that should be enough to play a few games.

mehrdad2015
2nd May 2017, 03:03 PM
so you said mr. cen we dont install this wc3 beta patch and waiting for final ver him??
my mean this file torrent size 1.73GB...

pingaring
2nd May 2017, 03:46 PM
Hi Cen, can you please activate user "VFG-HostbotTEST"? We will add the connection to our bots for testing with joining games. I've also successfully patched EuroBattle to 1.28.1 using the official Warcraft III with the installer_v8 provided from the google drive. I am able to connect fine to the server using 1.28.1. My cd keys also weren't altered and have been left unchanged.

Regards.

mehrdad2015
2nd May 2017, 04:03 PM
Yeah forget about entgaming and beta server, there are no external bots on beta server unless someone will specificaly add them there. This server is just for testing. There is one bot on channel bots and that should be enough to play a few games.mr.cen please add ent games too please...
i want really playing at ent games with eurobattle 1.28.1...

pingaring
2nd May 2017, 04:18 PM
mr.cen please add ent games too please...
i want really playing at ent games with eurobattle 1.28.1...
EuroBattle 1.28.1 is currently setup on a test server used for testing purposes only. Once all bugs are ironed out the official EuroBattle connection server will be updated.

Cen
2nd May 2017, 07:51 PM
Hi Cen, can you please activate user "VFG-HostbotTEST"? We will add the connection to our bots for testing with joining games. I've also successfully patched EuroBattle to 1.28.1 using the official Warcraft III with the installer_v8 provided from the google drive. I am able to connect fine to the server using 1.28.1. My cd keys also weren't altered and have been left unchanged.

Regards.

Should be activated.

mehrdad2015
3rd May 2017, 06:39 AM
i dl this wc3 too but when try normal run wc3 said need cdkey its a problem!
only could enter to wc3 with gproxy and cant without gproxy enter its another problem!

Cen
3rd May 2017, 08:15 AM
Yes, only gproxy gateway works for now, it changes server IP to beta server. So that is fine. CD-key issue should disappear after running the installer.

luke
3rd May 2017, 04:19 PM
Please activate kja13

I also patched through official and used the provided v8 installer, seems to be working fine for me

The keys weren't replaced

Cen
3rd May 2017, 05:19 PM
Please activate kja13

I also patched through official and used the provided v8 installer, seems to be working fine for me

The keys weren't replaced

Done

foods
7th May 2017, 11:10 AM
patched via wvs and used v8 installer but cannot use eurobattlenet account?

chaos339
7th May 2017, 11:57 AM
i can't see any games on eurobattle.net, is it really intentional? xd

luke
7th May 2017, 03:38 PM
That's because this server is isolated, you can't see any games from other realms, only these hosted on it. And yes, you can't use your normal account because the beta server is using a different database. Just create a new one there and post here so it can be activated

Corristo
7th May 2017, 04:45 PM
Can't we just update to the new patch the server directly? I understood the test server is working fine?

The_Naftalin
7th May 2017, 05:11 PM
Agreed. The test server worked fine for me and it was a week ago... If we still worried, at least connect this beta to entgaming bots to test further.

foods
7th May 2017, 06:26 PM
Hi Mr. Cen can you activate Munggo?

Cen
7th May 2017, 07:59 PM
I need to do some gproxy fixes first. I think we will upgrade next weekend, probably saturday.

Cen
7th May 2017, 08:03 PM
Hi Mr. Cen can you activate Munggo?

done

luke
8th May 2017, 09:18 PM
[08-05-2017 21:15:36][AMH][LOG_ERROR] war3.exe not started from known InstallPath/w3dir registry entry

I currenty have 3 copies of Warcraft 3 which include 1.27b and 1.28.1 (this beta patch), does this mean that i can now use only one or that the registry entry has to be refreshed each time i switch games?

Cen
8th May 2017, 09:30 PM
Yes, registry entry in Eurobattle.net and Warcraft III registry set need to match.

luke
8th May 2017, 11:00 PM
This seems really inconvenient, also i believe it doesn't work right because i kept getting the same error while the installpath in Blizzard/Warcraft 3 and Eurobattle.net was the same

chaos339
10th May 2017, 04:05 AM
Cen, theres another patch for warcraft 3 :( 1.28.2

nhammen911
10th May 2017, 04:36 PM
im getting crash trying to start the game i think its something to do with the cd keys because before i installed installer it didn't crash asked for cd keyhttp://i.imgur.com/GgWPRRZ.png

I used client from http://www.warcraft3.eu/ and worked connecting to their server but when i installed installer v8 i connected but in few seconds i get disconnect

Please make .rar of a working warcraft not wvs thanks

Cen
10th May 2017, 08:33 PM
Sorry, I can't make a .rar..

When does this error appear? Does w3 start at all or doe sit crash instantly?

Cen
10th May 2017, 08:34 PM
@1.28.2: looks like w3l still works so we might wing it and just update to that, maybe 1 day of testing on saturday, yet to decide.

nhammen911
10th May 2017, 11:39 PM
When i switched version to 1.28.1 tryed to start asked for keys so i googled roc tft and then whenever i start the game either war3 roc tft it crashes showing window like the one i posted before

So i downloaded the client from http://www.warcraft3.eu/ installed the V8 but when i try to connect it logs in for 10 secs then connection lost

Cen
11th May 2017, 09:17 AM
After you used WVS you should run installer and it would add cd keys.

nhammen911
11th May 2017, 11:11 PM
I forgot to mention i did that to same problem

The_Naftalin
13th May 2017, 05:49 PM
Cen please inform us when you are upgrading the server so i can test it.

I need to do some gproxy fixes first. I think we will upgrade next weekend, probably saturday.

Cen
14th May 2017, 01:13 AM
Probably won't be ready tomorrow because I have some personal stuff to do but expect a 1.28.2 beta in the next few days and then a full server upgrade asap after that.

Corristo
20th May 2017, 08:33 AM
Hello Cen.
Can I ask you an update on how the patching is going? Our Lords of Europe community was connected with Ent to other platforms, but 40% of our players are playing on eurobattle.Mostly those who host games.
Sadly we couldn't organize any games for like 6 weeks now. I don't want to rush you or anything, but our members are unpatient and would be great to share some info with them.
Thank you for your work!

Cen
20th May 2017, 11:54 AM
I will update beta server to 1.28.2 today, if everything goes smooth we might update main server tomorrow.

Richardik
20th May 2017, 01:53 PM
Finally. :beer:

Cen
20th May 2017, 10:25 PM
WVS 1.28.2 and updated installer_v8 in main post. I need as much feedback as possible in the next 12 hours. I'll prepare everything for real launch.

The_Naftalin
22nd May 2017, 03:11 PM
Cen, the installer was not updated, it recognizes the 1.28.1 as the latest version. We got another 1,71GB file, more mess and still no server upgr ofc. You just confusing everyone:)

Cen
23rd May 2017, 08:49 PM
We are going live tonight.

:tclosed: