PDA

View Full Version : New client, testers needed!

Cen
15th December 2015, 10:29 AM
We are releasing a new installer, client and rewritten gproxy and we need brave people to test them. This is a beta release so we can find as many bugs as possible before making an official release.

Please use this installer and report back any problems you find. I will give you free a server icon for every valid bug you submit. :D

When submitting a bug please tell:
-operating system
-steps to reproduce
-gproxy log or a screenshot if necessary

Download our new client:
1. Install visual c++ redistributable 2015 x86 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145
2. Installer http://xpam.pl/random/installer.zip

TomasCZ
20th December 2015, 12:12 PM
Hello Cen,

I tried the beta installer, errored on me. Is that only for latest and shittiest windows 10?
https://ts3.tenlab.net/ts3/crt_error.PNG
winXP (sorry error is not in english, it can't find dll file to start application)

currently I'm using update15 of XPAM just fine.

Few questions/hints:
- is there sources available(github or svn/hg/... repo somewhere) for the client?
- what should I imagine under TS integration?
- WHY is the client 7Megs? doesn't it call gproxy.exe and war3.exe? Then why is it so big? Media inside or what?

- no contact info to forum thread about development and separate one for support questions. What about sources? Rest of About is ofc fine:)
- Regarding ping, perhaps use " -n 1" with it. unless you are worried with timing problems.
- what about combined update? Like if client is 0 or 1 you tell it to download update0-15.zip a file combining contents of the ones in the name.
- in MMORPG's they handle updater(splash screen at start) as separate app from the client. So simple app, for one purpose only(basically just http client like wget with some logic).

Cen
20th December 2015, 12:33 PM
Hello Cen,

I tried the beta installer, errored on me. Is that only for latest and shittiest windows 10?
https://ts3.tenlab.net/ts3/crt_error.PNG
winXP (sorry error is not in english, it can't find dll file to start application)

currently I'm using update15 of XPAM just fine.

Few questions/hints:
- is there sources available(github or svn/hg/... repo somewhere) for the client?
- what should I imagine under TS integration?
- WHY is the client 7Megs? doesn't it call gproxy.exe and war3.exe? Then why is it so big? Media inside or what?

- no contact info to forum thread about development and separate one for support questions. What about sources? Rest of About is ofc fine:)
- Regarding ping, perhaps use " -n 1" with it. unless you are worried with timing problems.
- what about combined update? Like if client is 0 or 1 you tell it to download update0-15.zip a file combining contents of the ones in the name.
- in MMORPG's they handle updater(splash screen at start) as separate app from the client. So simple app, for one purpose only(basically just http client like wget with some logic).

Does the error appear when you run the installer or the client? I tested it on Xp Sp3 and it seemed to work fine.

Other questions:
Sources: not atm but if anyone expressed interest in working on installer or client it would be possible. Not gproxy though (because hackers).
Ts integration: the idea is that once the game starts, hostbot would create a TS room on server for both teams and client would join that room automatically for you. I believe TS has an SDK which allows you to create your own TS clients, I haven't tried it yet tho.
Client 7MB: it is not, client is 3MB. This release uses dynamic Qt libraries instead of static which removed several MB from the .exe so it will also save update bandwidth in the future. The other portion that contributes to the size is the updater (zip decompression, stormlib, mpq manipulation).
No contact info: I am a sole developer, you want to know something, you go to me. :)
Ping: not sure what exactly you meant with that
Combined update: As soon as you have a client update you need to restart it, there is no way around it. For that to work you would need a separate updater .exe which would perform all incremental updates and spare you the client restarting itself. But behind the scenes it would work the same way as it does now. For now I think I'll just leave it as it is. It's not that bad.

DjiEsss
20th December 2015, 09:15 PM
===== Starting installation process =====
Received w3 path: C:\Users\U1\Desktop\WarcraftIII
Received euro path: C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net
=================================
=============STEP 1==============
Extracting files
Backing up files before extraction
Backing up C:\Users\U1\Desktop\WarcraftIII\w3l.exe
Backing up C:\Users\U1\Desktop\WarcraftIII\w3lh.dll
Finished backing up files
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\w3l.exe
Copying :\data\w3l.exe to C:\Users\U1\Desktop\WarcraftIII\w3l.exe
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\w3lh.dll
Copying :\data\w3lh.dll to C:\Users\U1\Desktop\WarcraftIII\w3lh.dll
Copying :\data\bnftp.exe to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\bnftp.exe
Copying :\data\xpam.exe to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\xpam.exe
Copying :\data\xpam.cfg to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\xpam.cfg
Copying :\data\gproxy.exe to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\gproxy.exe
Copying :\data\gproxy.log to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\gproxy.log
Copying :\data\gproxy.cfg to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\gproxy.cfg
Copying :\data\xpam_pub.pem to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\xpam_pub.pem
Copying :\data\eurobattle.reg to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\eurobattle.reg
Copying :\data\update.bat to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\update.bat
Copying :\data\uninstaller.exe to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\uninstaller.exe
Copying :\data\zlib.dll to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\zlib.dll
Copying :\data\quazip.dll to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\quazip.dll
Copying :\data\Qt5Core.dll to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\Qt5Core.dll
Copying :\data\Qt5Gui.dll to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\Qt5Gui.dll
Copying :\data\Qt5Network.dll to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\Qt5Network.dll
Copying :\data\Qt5Widgets.dll to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\Qt5Widgets.dll
Copying :\data\libeay32.dll to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\libeay32.dll
Copying :\data\ssleay32.dll to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\ssleay32.dll
Copying :\data\sounds\challenge-completed.wav to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\sounds\challenge-completed.wav
Copying :\data\sounds\challenge-started.wav to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\sounds\challenge-started.wav
Copying :\data\sounds\friend-join-game.wav to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\sounds\friend-join-game.wav
Copying :\data\sounds\hosted.wav to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\sounds\hosted.wav
Copying :\data\sounds\moderate.wav to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\sounds\moderate.wav
Copying :\data\sounds\slap.wav to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\sounds\slap.wav
Copying :\data\sounds\started.wav to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\sounds\started.wav
Copying :\data\sounds\unmoderate.wav to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\sounds\unmoderate.wav
Copying :\data\sounds\whisper.wav to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\sounds\whisper.wav
Copying :\data\sounds\kicked.wav to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\sounds\kicked.wav
Copying :\data\platforms\qwindows.dll to C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\platforms\qwindows.dll
Finished extracting files
=============STEP 2==============
Checking for Warcraft III updates
Detected W3 version: 1.26.0.6401
Version is up to date
=============STEP 3==============
Backing up MPQ
Could not copy the file: Destination file exists
TRY TO MOVE YOUR W3 FOLDER OUTSIDE PROGRAM FILES (DOCUMENTS, DESKTOP OR SIMILAR)
Backup process failed
Rolling back icons
Could not revert the file: Destination file exists
W3 was not updated. Nothing to revert.
Deleting new files (29)
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\bnftp.exe
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\xpam.exe
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\xpam.cfg
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\gproxy.exe
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\gproxy.log
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\gproxy.cfg
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\xpam_pub.pem
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\eurobattle.reg
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\update.bat
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\uninstaller.exe
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\zlib.dll
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\quazip.dll
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\Qt5Core.dll
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\Qt5Gui.dll
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\Qt5Network.dll
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\Qt5Widgets.dll
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\libeay32.dll
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\ssleay32.dll
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\sounds\challenge-completed.wav
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\sounds\challenge-started.wav
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\sounds\friend-join-game.wav
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\sounds\hosted.wav
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\sounds\moderate.wav
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\sounds\slap.wav
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\sounds\started.wav
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\sounds\unmoderate.wav
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\sounds\whisper.wav
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\sounds\kicked.wav
Deleting C:\Program Files\Eurobattle.net\platforms\qwindows.dll
Reverting C:\Users\U1\AppData\Roaming\Eurobattle.net\W3PATH\ w3l.exe
Reverting C:\Users\U1\AppData\Roaming\Eurobattle.net\W3PATH\ w3lh.dll
INSTALLATION FAILED OR WAS CANCELED. SEE THE ABOVE LOG FOR ERRORS OR CONTACT TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Cen
21st December 2015, 12:36 PM
Hmm, add me on skype please: cenarius21

TomasCZ
22nd December 2015, 09:53 PM
Does the error appear when you run the installer or the client? I tested it on Xp Sp3 and it seemed to work fine.
Installer. (ohh and wXP SP2)

Ts integration: the idea is that once the game starts, hostbot would create a TS room on server for both teams and client would join that room automatically for you. I believe TS has an SDK which allows you to create your own TS clients, I haven't tried it yet tho.

Other option could be to have a checkbox like:
"I run teamspeak3 alongside, and have clientQuery enabled"
And then it's just telnet localhost at specific port and sending commands to the client(specific connection tab). That can be anything moving, renaming, mute, away status etc...
Depends on what you want. With SDK users that are used to teamspeak3 client interface will not have that interface I'm afraid.

Hmm, add me on skype ....
Funny, old fashioned habits die hard huh? Wondering question, do you use ts3?

Odly enough at times I visited ts.eurobattle.net the only thing I saw was everyone being a guest.
Oke today I saw even some channel groups in use.

Cen
23rd December 2015, 10:27 AM
Installer is built with target SDK 7.1A, I couldn't find info on google but perhaps a lower version is needed for SP2. However, I can't test with SP2 and I don't think there is any good reason to use SP2 so I probably won't support it. The only thing I can do is to send you a zip archive with all the files and you can try to run gproxy manually. Gproxy is built with VS 2015 XP target so if gproxy does not start, that is the end of the story for SP2.

TS idea seems interesting, I'll take a look at that. It is probably better to run the full TS client instead of rolling our own.

@skype: That was for DjiEsss