PDA

View Full Version : Complaints

nitko
25th May 2014, 10:11 PM
Oh look. Its this stone age, most repeated question ever. And admins never get tired of answering it, fucking god damn WOW! 8yrs on pvpgn, rather provides user support then show initiative to do some real good changes. I'll steal this topic with my thoughts - you banish me if you want but you know I'm right.

So where are we more then one year later? (http://eurobattle.net/threads/187552-A-few-more-suggestions?p=1573785&highlight=#post1573785) Anything new on XPAM? I see suggestions subforum removed/hidden, so we pretend everything is perfect? :)
Checking new launcher... Looks like it only brings more problems, it uses too much CPU/mem and bandwith resources, quite unoptimized program: packets fly constanly in wireshark, looks like there is some memory leak in it aswell (gets too big over time). Instead properly fixing, needlessly complicates things by separating launcher triggers for "gproxy enabled hostbots" (LA) and PG ladder bringing more confusion to newbies. Antimaphack is still laughable - doesn't protect wc3 PID from changing offsets in memory. All the same... All the same... Sadly.

nitko
26th May 2014, 12:08 AM
ah when I read my post now again, it sounds too angry (maybe i hoped it will get deleted), sorry about that, didn't mean to flame and criticize so much, I'm not that kind of person, was moody.

sometimes I wish I can just magically change/improve things I'm passionate about, but thats sadly not how world works...

Cen
26th May 2014, 12:14 AM
First thing, don't hijack random tech support questions, open a new thread.

I do know about the w3arena suggestion. I tried it the easy way and asked them for some cooperation but they refused. Could I make it myself? Probably, but since the server is predominantly populated with DotA players, it was never a priority.

As for the launcher, I just did a test and it uses 25K memory and average CPU load is 0%. And the majority of that memory are Qt libraries statically linked. Calling this out for using a lot of resources is a joke in 2014. Unless you run a Pentium 4 with 64MB of RAM that is. I also have no idea where do you see the "packets flying constantly" in wireshark. Client only does a single HTTP request to the update server on startup and that's it. Everything else is W3 traffic once you start the game.

The complaint about gateways being confusing is valid. Something in gproxy is not handling the P2P packets correctly and it needs to be fixed.

Since writing a memory protector for w3 is the simplest job ever, how about you make one and then send me the source code? I'll gladly accept your submission.