PDA

View Full Version : Questions about MH and whatgoes :)

Himself
15th June 2013, 11:10 AM
Hello all :)

Just had (another) game ruined due to MH today, this may have been my "one too many" that was missing to quit DOTA for good.
Link in case of interest: http://lagabuse.com/stats/game/5106004
(bone & rubick locked on team1, both super MH and don't try to hide)

Before making that decision wanna ask, when someone gets ban for MH (which is hard to prove against good MH players), they just need to make a new account and go play again, or is there any countermeasure to prevent abuse? And is it true that DOTA 2 has no MH? (due to server not revealing data or some stuff that I dont quite get)

Thanks for the time!

mrniceguy
15th June 2013, 11:49 AM
Before making that decision wanna ask, when someone gets ban for MH (which is hard to prove against good MH players), they just need to make a new account and go play again,

No, they cant.

or is there any countermeasure to prevent abuse?

yes there is

And is it true that DOTA 2 has no MH?

yes it is.

Thanks for the time!

No, ty for playing and trusting us.

Himself
15th June 2013, 04:32 PM
Thanks niceguy!

Always good to know that aside from the bad people/players, there are also the good persons ones out there :)

Slavik
10th August 2013, 04:14 PM
there are no countermeasures, atleast not for those who use dynamic IP which is what? 98% people

you ban 1 account, lock their IP, big deal, they reset router and make new account with new IP
ready to play within 3 minutes again and cheat

I miss days when icefrog implemented 1st anti-mh thingy, with broken object on map
as soon mh was turned on game would crash

Blind_Joker
10th August 2013, 06:05 PM
Nice to know slavik you know how it works here.

Slavik
10th August 2013, 06:15 PM
well I never noticed IP range ban as obviously that would screw alot other people