PDA

View Full Version : Mod recruitment - Defense of the Ancients

Cen
20th March 2012, 05:40 AM
We are recruiting new mod for Defense of the Ancients forums http://eurobattle.net/forums/417-Defense-of-the-Ancients

Those who apply will moderate and maintain the following sections:
-Competitive dota news
-Strategy and general discussion
-possibly help in organization of Dota turnaments
-help to judge the dota replay contests

Primarily the work revolves around the 4 mentioned subforums which are kinda dead and we need a passionate person that would keep the section up and running.

We do not need people who will give up after 2 weeks and go in off mode.

In your application, specify the following:

Name:
Experience with dota:
Experience with competitive scene:
League participation:
I am in bottom-right corner playing as sentinel with Spectra, farming. 4 enemy heroes suddenly appear out of forest as seen here (http://shrani.si/f/1b/Lh/4g25fxvl/test.png). I have 2 options, what do I do? There are no escape items.

Lohan
20th March 2012, 06:40 AM
Name: Gabriel

Country: http://loganlerman.com.br/blog/wp-content/themes/loganlerman/images/brasil.png

Experience with dota: I play PG since 2004 and discovery dota in 2009.

In ~another server~ my clan was place in 5 CWR (clan war room). And I also played in 2 priv league in south america in "gangrene". But now I dont play in any server, only eurobattle. In xpam I play tours in BR and my clan are the Brazilian representative (http://images.challonge.com/dct2brazil.png) in DCT2.

League participation: In xpam, I like playing in EDBRL (priv league) but is very nice play in ODL (pub league). I also play in some other leagues, balkan, dota league... I tried join in SS but was denied because the lag. I dont like speak about another servers here, really.

I am in bottom-right corner playing as sentinel with Spectra, farming. 4 enemy heroes suddenly appear out of forest as seen here. I have 2 options, what do I do? There are no escape items.
If you are so much nb to dont have a TP... Use ultimate and use Reality in the 5 Enemy who isn't in gank... Or use dagger, becomes phased and hide in the forest for some moments...

T-Pain
20th March 2012, 10:24 AM
Name:
Bogdan

Romania

Experience with dota:
i am playing dota since 2007. Only dota

I am DotA League Coordinator now and i was owner of oPw, RDL Moderator and EGYPT Administrator

League participation:
DotaLeague / oPw / RDL / XDL / IHRL and other leagues like Ro / balkan

I am in bottom-right corner playing as sentinel with Spectra, farming. 4 enemy heroes suddenly appear out of forest as seen here. I have 2 options, what do I do? There are no escape items.
If you have 50% of hp you can use your heal and go on forest down now use dagger and go through the forest until the base or stay in woods untill your team will come to save you

MR.baby
20th March 2012, 11:59 AM
Name:

Hassan

EGYPT

EGYPT

Experience with dota:

i know Dota 3 years ago

EGYPT Administrator and Tour mod at playdota.eu

League participation:

EGYPT, Ro and Balkan

am in bottom-right corner playing as sentinel with Spectra, farming. 4 enemy heroes suddenly appear out of forest . I have 2 options, what do I do? There are no escape items.

using tango or salve and avoid stunners way if i have i have any item of those will be good to run to the base ( scepter , Force Staff , Dagger )

the_qq
20th March 2012, 02:34 PM
Hi,

Name:

Marek

Slovakia

Experience with dota:

Since I installed w3, playing only Dota :)

CZSK, hacks, EX- Pd.eu tour moderator, supporter coder.

Now I make every weekend CZSK tour with efko.wbs for czsk players for Super Prices. And I can make in week any instant tours for all xpam players too :)

++ I talk with Akhe for make big country tour, etc.. :)

League participation:

CZSK, balkan, IHRL.

When I have Queling or Tango I can eat wood and run away, Or I can use my spell "Dagger" and run away through the trees, over rocks, etc.. :)

the_qq :)

Pyro
20th March 2012, 03:28 PM
Name:
Ognjen

Serbia

Experience with dota:
Playing dota for too long i guess :D like 5 or 6 years,cant remember rly right now :) know it like my pocket

to be honest im not tracking competetive Dota scene so much but i know some basic things in Dota world,but i can get myself along with it with no problem.

League participation:
Balkan,SS,ihrl,ro,etc etc

ulty and than escape on hero that isnt ganking you,mby you get kill :)

WC3PROS
20th March 2012, 11:35 PM
Name:
Coskun

Turkey

Experience with dota:

I play PG since 2006 and I play dota since 2009.
I have knowledge about Dota Stategy and mechanic about Dota.

I'm Admin on TurkDota

I organised lots of tournaments on TurkDota, 21 - 1v1 Instant Tournaments and big 3 - 5v5 Clan Tournaments..
Warlock, Mirana etc.. tournaments.. with tour mods.

http://www.turkdota.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=55

League participation:

TurkDota, IHRL

If I have Queling or Tango I can eat trees and I can run away, or I can use my dagger skill and I can run away in the trees.
Other options, If I have scepter , force staff or daggger I'll use them while I run away in the trees till death :happy:

Slayzer
21st March 2012, 12:57 AM
Name: Stefan

Experience with dota:Almost all leagues on XPAM, many leagues on GGC and RGC will mention only important ones dotapride,DPL,DC.

Experience with competitive scene:From the competitive torunaments only played in Razer global challenge, but gained a lot of experience from watching replays on dotacommentaries.com

League participation:At the moment SS and IHRL.

I am in bottom-right corner playing as sentinel with Spectra, farming. 4 enemy heroes suddenly appear out of forest as seen here. I have 2 options, what do I do? There are no escape items.Use the dagger to walk over trees or the safer solution use ultimate and kill the isolated enemy hero:)

ps. I was in charge for this section a year ago for few months before I was demoted.

xManY
22nd March 2012, 06:24 PM
Name:

Aca

Switzerland

Experience with dota:

4 years , long experience, active player on XPAM

Pd Ban&Unban Mod, private coder clan bot, Guard etc...

League participation:

LSD, Clan League with private bots/guards.

Queling / Tango I can eat to escape . Tp , use Ulti , and use firs spell to escape.

Taz.
22nd March 2012, 08:31 PM
First depend on Hero .. For example Puck can escape with Illusory Orb .. phoenix with icarus dive etc.. using heal and avoid stunners way if i have i have any item of those will be good to run to the base ( scepter , Force Staff , Dagger )

Read the question man. He told you which hero.

PetyseXy
26th March 2012, 03:23 AM
Name:
Péterson P.S

BR

Experience with dota:
I'm registered in 2009, but I start playing dota sometime before it.

I'm active on several forums about competitive dota, I read all I can about it, watch replays... and I used to be active at several leagues from other servers.

League participation:
none, since 1 month; I started playing only pubs for fun.

It depends: I would use the dagger and run or use the ultimate to kill the alone enemy hero. It would depends of how my life is, my itens, my lvl... etc, etc etc.

efko.wbs
26th March 2012, 01:18 PM
i am pg player and in pg we have item called "dagger" i might be horribly wrong but isnt dagger "escape item"? Dagger in pg gives ability to blink/ instant move hero on short distance.

Zimo Pg
26th March 2012, 02:31 PM
Well its true efko , but spec's first spell is called dagger also , and you can go true trees or over hills...
@ well its kinda true , but its not because of power , i would like to help any1 if i can ...
And you should start woriking on mh section or it will blow up...

epeenor
28th March 2012, 06:17 AM
Name: Jonttu (Jonathan as in English) Soon to be 20 years old. Minus: going to army next July.

Experience with dota: I've played for atleast 6 years. Maybe even more. Played way before pd.eu started ladder system to save stats.

Experience with competitive scene: To be honest, I have no experience. However I've managed to make some online friends from public games and played private games. (ofcourse they are nowhere near REAL competitive gamings)

League participation: none

I am in bottom-right corner playing as sentinel with Spectra, farming. 4 enemy heroes suddenly appear out of forest as seenhere (http://shrani.si/f/1b/Lh/4g25fxvl/test.png). I have 2 options, what do I do? There are no escape items.

First of all, I have more than 2 options. Imo this question is trick question so heres my list:

#1 answer. 4 enemies aren't shown on the map. That means they are either roshing or ganking. So I would've go b / be ultra careful before they even could gank me.

#2 is helpful to #1 answer. As im farming with spectre, I somehow rely on our supportives (aka warding). So if they try to gank me, I have escaped minutes ago. (unless smoke gank)

#3 Well considering they are ganking with 4 guys I believe I have no time to scroll away. Instead I dagger+phase away to the woods and scroll away. IF I was dumb enough to not have scroll, I would simply make my escape 100% sure and phase my way out of the map and -unstuck away.

#5 Lastly, escaping with my ulti. I would ulti away only if noone of above was thought of. (No map awareness, no wards, no scrolls, no mana for dagger). But I don't believe this would ever happen.

So I'm assuming my team is either ganking or laning or even worse; dead. So I would hear a lot of "misses" or see stuff going on the map if we could happen to counter gank them.

pHu^^thAi
29th March 2012, 02:39 AM
Name:Florin-George

Experience with dota:in 2009 i ve started playing dota again.

Experience with competitive scene:just some local lan contests.

League participation:
EAL,RGL,PGL,RGPL,RO.COMMUNITY,RO,AND OTHER INHOUSE LEAGUES

I am in bottom-right corner playing as sentinel with Spectra, farming. 4 enemy heroes suddenly appear out of forest as seenhere (http://shrani.si/f/1b/Lh/4g25fxvl/test.png). I have 2 options, what do I do? There are no escape items.
1.trying to hide in woods(trees) using dagger
going for tp is too late,maybe if u use dagger succesfully trught trees and if u have queling blade maybe u will succeed reaching shop
2.use ulti and go to the fith hero(the most logical and easy way).ofc there are risks too

Kassel
31st March 2012, 04:04 PM
name : KASSEL

i wanna can ban ppl for fun !

vote me

Chupa.
31st March 2012, 05:24 PM
Name
Damir

Country
Bosnia & Herzegovina

Experience with dota
Xpam Leagues : SS,ihrl,hostbot,balkan,ro,czsk and any other league ever created here
Same goes for Garena : IHCS,IDEC,DotaPride2,DotaPride1,nexus.core,nihl.co re,nihl.elite,Sfg.Area,Balkan DotaLeague,CDL etc,etc

Experience with competitive scene
Participiated at many inet/rl tours.. mym dota pride #11-12 (team : ScN)
Pro Dota RU Challenge (team : kka!)
Dota Pride Tournament (team : n!Pro)
Razer Global (team : FEARZ / kka!)

League participation
At moment I'm only active at SS, since other leagues are low/dead

I am in bottom-right corner playing as sentinel with Spectra, farming. 4 enemy heroes suddenly appear out of forest as seen here. I have 2 options, what do I do? There are no escape items
Depends on lvl.. If I'm under 6 -> I use the dagger to escape over trees + qb + tangoes -> save escape
If I'm lvl6 -> use ulti and tp on the 5th hero..

Taz.
1st April 2012, 02:06 AM
What part of "There are no escape items." do you guys not understand ? Means you have no TP, no QB no tango. Sheesh. It's like someone asking you, 2+2, and you say 7.

Majestic.
1st April 2012, 02:26 AM
Sir, tangos and quelling blade are not escape items, but can be used for such if you know the map advantages well for such exibitions. Everyone carry quelling blade on spec nowadays and since the question is about early game - you're probably carrying tangos, too. Simple as that.

AleLeLElele
1st April 2012, 11:35 PM
I am in bottom-right corner playing as sentinel with Spectra, farming. 4 enemy heroes suddenly appear out of forest as seen here. I have 2 options, what do I do? There are no escape items

such a stupid question lol xD

[^RawR^]
1st April 2012, 11:46 PM
MAke ultra kill cuz pro spec = 6 items inventory

Herr
2nd April 2012, 12:31 AM
Dear God, I want to report a bug.

It seems that SSers are too good for a Dota application. Where will this end?

Making houses out of lego bricks?

BLO0D
4th April 2012, 04:30 AM
1 option is to be ganked
2 option is to ask them nicely to go back

Plonk
4th April 2012, 05:05 AM
;1473950']MAke ultra kill cuz pro spec = 6 items inventory

rampage, use ulti to kill 5th hero...

Cen
4th April 2012, 08:55 AM
decision will be made in few days