PDA

View Full Version : Diminished quality of DotA games

[Thoth]
27th January 2012, 10:17 PM
I left eurobattle for a couple of months and came back recently and I noticed the quality of players has gone down so much, I don't mean the skill level but the general agreeableness of people in the game... As soon as there's any kind of griefing or just having conversation with the other team the host immediately mutes everyone. This is comparable to a 3 year old covering his ears and screaming so he can't hear anything you say.

I've also noticed the name calling has gone up as well. For example if someone hasn't spoof checked THE SECOND they join the game every kid starts shouting "spoof retard omg". I mean come one guys, is this any way to treat your fellow gamers?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we need to be more patient and maybe a little nicer to each other, this will result in a good feeling in each of the players and creates a sense of community allowing for better team play and most importantly more fun! 'Cause isn't that what it's all about? Having fun and enjoying the game rather than being a dick and calling everyone who makes a simple mistake a retard?

Thoughts? Or do I just sound like a tree hugger? :P

Akhe
27th January 2012, 11:11 PM
true true, the problem is how to change them :)

[Thoth]
27th January 2012, 11:55 PM
I think it mainly starts with the admins and hosts of eurobattle. If you get a host who is nice to people and encourages rather than stifles newbs, noobs etc then those who are treated nicely will treat others nicely. Kinda like pay it forward...

The main thing I think is just having respect for people, this applies not only to how you interact but also on the battlefield (as far as dota is a battlefield :P) because if you don't respect your opponents and have a bit of caution then you'll end up getting a big head and try and get kills that are frankly not do-able and this will result in you getting owned :P

omnicali
28th January 2012, 12:21 AM
You sound like a tree hugger. Go sniff a flower or something.

[Thoth]
28th January 2012, 12:30 AM
You sound like a tree hugger. Go sniff a flower or something.
I will thanks man, while I'm at it I might actually enjoy my life and be happy, rather than be resentful ;]

omnicali
28th January 2012, 01:30 AM
I love you new age hipster liberal "live life to the fullest" kids. But, beware of the woods, trolls are stalking.

Vaikiss
28th January 2012, 03:13 AM
ur in a wrong game

u should try runescape or some pokemons if u want "friendly" community cuz it aint gonna happen then way u want every1 knows that dota trahstalking is only better compared to xbox live players trashtalking

Cen
28th January 2012, 03:15 AM
ur in a wrong game

u should try runescape or some pokemons if u want "friendly" community cuz it aint gonna happen then way u want every1 knows that dota trahstalking is only better compared to xbox live players trashtalking

12y old kids have nothing on us!

[Thoth]
28th January 2012, 07:54 AM
I love you new age hipster liberal "live life to the fullest" kids. But, beware of the woods, trolls are stalking.
No, don't get me wrong dude, I'm not that naive. But is it really that bad to want people to treat each other with respect? I wouldn't say it's new age at all, simply put treat others how you would like to be treated - that's a pretty old ideal isn't it?

[Thoth]
28th January 2012, 07:57 AM
ur in a wrong game

If you look at my post I spoke about griefing and how it's not a bad thing, but some people just take it the wrong way and turn offensive or the host just mutes the game completely. Bottom line is games are supposed to be fun and once that factor is taken out what's left? A fantasy world where a bunch of big children can call each other names?

Vaikiss
28th January 2012, 06:42 PM
well idk where u play but where i do no1 mutes anyone

Avalon
29th January 2012, 07:06 PM
I guess toth is talking about the pubs Vaikiss,not ss.
And yes i have to agree with him,players just aren't what they used to be,i remember times when i used to have decent conversations with other players,when getting killed even saying what a great job the oponent did and stuff like that,it wasnt like in 90% of the cases,but at least it used to happen(40% of all games i usually played?),i dont say it wasnt any rage/massflames/trashtalkin etc at all,but there used to be respect among players.

I never liked to play on romanian league,cuz of the flames,but lately it feels that even romanians dont insult and argue among each other as much as the others.

Vaikiss
29th January 2012, 07:30 PM
i play pubs sometimes too mostly with friends in my team but i still play them and i hvnt noticed anyone doing anything like that