PDA

View Full Version : Test server client (Beta)

Cen
11th January 2012, 01:42 AM
Hello everyone

We are releasing our new project, Eurobattle.net client.

1. How to install
Download and run setup.exe (http://files.eurobattle.net/installer/setup.exe)

2. Features
-run w3 or w3+gproxy
-change w3 startup settings
-change gproxy settings
-view gproxy log
-About, license, links

-on startup it will check your installer version and offer you an update. So if we are releasing a new installer anytime soon, client will automatically grab the latest version and run it for you.
-same goes for gproxy. When we release new version the client will grab it for you and replace the old one for you automatically.

3. Known Bugs
-sometimes if you start w3+gproxy gproxy will shut down. Usually happens on first try after you open the client. This will be fixed when next gproxy version is released.

4. Beta
In next few days, we will "release" a new installer and new gproxy. It will actually be the old installer and old proxy, but we will do it for testing purposes. When this happens I will let you know in this topic so you can report how it worked.

5. Future
Future releases will include in-built chat client and News will be shown directly from forum.

That's all for now, if you find any problems with the client feel free to report them here.

Credits to MusicDemon (http://eurobattle.net/members/952844-MusicDemon) for this great work!

MusicDemon
11th January 2012, 01:44 AM
Few other details can be found here (http://eurobattle.net/entries/28-Eurobattle-Client-coming-up!).

EDIT: thought of a bug. (Not yet confirmed)
For users of Vista and up!!
The client does not check if you're logged in as administrator if you change the GProxy settings! Most likely the client will give an error message and closes itself.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Issue: Write access over the Warcraft III folder (Cause: UAC)
Solution: Start as administrator. (Not possible via de desktop shortcut.)
Update plan: Tomorrow. (11-Jan-2012)

Lohan
11th January 2012, 07:22 AM
Some BR users asked "what advantage?"

MusicDemon
11th January 2012, 08:08 AM
Some BR users asked "what advantage?"

First, read the first post. In short as for most features, it saves clicks.
Other than that: it updates GProxy / Eurobattle.net Server files (thus icons, no need to post if there are missing icons, there won't be any.)
Users will be kept up-to-date with the news browser on the first tab. (Currently disabled.)
Users don't have to switch gateways or add them. Eurobattle Client check if the gateways exist and switches to the right one according to the button they clicked.
Users don't have to have a hard time editing Warcraft start-up or GProxy settings. (Which for Vista and up users can be an issue.)
With one of the following versions the Eurobattle Client will work together with GProxy so the user self doesn't have to wait until GProxy is completely initialized.
And a more later version we will implement a chatclient window that allows users to login to Eurobattle before they join, so, e.g. That could check if their friends are online before they connect via the original Warcraft client.

We got some other more easy to use features but, that's it for now. As we said, it's a beta and not required to install. But, most likely it will replace the current installer. (See link in forum header.)

DRG-
11th January 2012, 08:20 AM
It takes a while to download & install.

Lohan
11th January 2012, 08:46 AM
In a few days I will be posting for BRs.
Thanks for the explanation.

MusicDemon
11th January 2012, 09:14 AM
It takes a while to download & install.
Verification process of the program takes a few seconds, indeed.

the_qq
11th January 2012, 09:14 AM
Today I post for CZSK pleyers. Nice Demon ;)

MusicDemon
11th January 2012, 09:22 AM
Today I post for CZSK pleyers. Nice Demon ;)

Thanks. I hope that not too many people will get hinder of the GProxy settings bug. ;)

VanGogh
11th January 2012, 10:20 AM
Great job MD.

MusicDemon
11th January 2012, 11:18 AM
Project started 1 September 2011, first release was 11 January 2012, roughly 4 months of programming. :D
So, things should be working! :D

the_qq
11th January 2012, 12:42 PM
Published. On czsk forum. :)

Cen
11th January 2012, 01:41 PM
Atm there is not much advantage for using the client. It is just a beta release which is not necessary to use, but we want to test the functionalities before we have a greater use with it.

By using the client you're helping us testing it basically.

On friday we will launch "installer update" and on saturday "gproxy update".

T-Pain
11th January 2012, 02:17 PM
gj md , i use it now ;) i can see all icons

pusx
11th January 2012, 02:55 PM
When I try to start the W3 I get this message:

Loader was unable to find w3l.dll.
Reinstalling the application could solve the issue.

Then I tried to reinstall the "Eurobattle Client", but still dont work. I tried reinstall the Eurobattle Installer too, but I can't too.

AlenDelon
11th January 2012, 03:03 PM
I want to thank you on behalf of the Turkish players. Good Job MusicDemon :)

Flower
11th January 2012, 03:44 PM
Perfect Work MD. Good job.

MusicDemon
11th January 2012, 05:48 PM
When I try to start the W3 I get this message:

Then I tried to reinstall the "Eurobattle Client", but still dont work. I tried reinstall the Eurobattle Installer too, but I can't too.

I'll see what I can do. Currently on it :)

O que devo fazer? Adicionar outros idiomas?
Ne yapmalıyım? Başka dil ekleyin?
Шта да радим? Додај друге језике?
Ce să fac? Adaugă alte limbi? (http://eurobattle.net/entries/31-The-receive-of-Eurobattle-Client)

the_qq
12th January 2012, 06:41 PM
Hey MD, One player have this error on start, what can it be?

http://2i.cz/61d02f05d6 Picture with error.

MusicDemon
12th January 2012, 07:18 PM
Click details, then upload it.

GoodanGeL
13th January 2012, 09:52 AM
I haven't installed it yet, but I heard from romanians feedback that the new installer doesn't work on W7 32 Bits?

Cen
13th January 2012, 10:46 AM
It should.

the_qq
13th January 2012, 10:48 AM
MD this is pic after click on Details - http://2i.cz/612ec1eb38

Help please. :)

MusicDemon
13th January 2012, 12:44 PM
I haven't installed it yet, but I heard from romanians feedback that the new installer doesn't work on W7 32 Bits?

Please give me error messages. I can't work with

Hi, I got a problem, help me!

And now the log-file :D

iStealSkills
13th January 2012, 12:51 PM

Got this problem, I fixed by allowing access to internet in firewall (using ZoneAlarm)

MusicDemon
13th January 2012, 02:04 PM
What exactly do you give access? Maybe good to know for those who don't.

Cen
13th January 2012, 04:07 PM
a good firewall will ASK you to allow the client to connect so.. these ppl probably have lame firewalls installed

there is actually no reason why client wouldn't be able to access the URL except no internet connection or being blocked from it

iStealSkills
13th January 2012, 04:15 PM
a good firewall will ASK you to allow the client to connect so.. these ppl probably have lame firewalls installed

there is actually no reason why client wouldn't be able to access the URL except no internet connection or being blocked from it

Correct, it asked me to allow or deny connection to internet that's all. I allow and it was fine.

On friend pc: Turn off any firewall you have, run program, install, turn on firewall and start euro client.
Its gonna work at least this was the case on friend pc.

MusicDemon
13th January 2012, 04:23 PM
Cen; False. It's going to an HTTP (text/plain) location. Which is freely accessible for every program. (At least, allowed by most firewalls.)

iSteal: Add an exception. I think that errors will occur during updates.

the_qq
13th January 2012, 05:46 PM
http://2i.cz/4a846b4192

this.

MusicDemon
13th January 2012, 07:52 PM
Do as iSteal said. I did not find any safe solution. I'm sorry.

the_qq
15th January 2012, 11:12 AM
MD new problem, when he open gproxy and client -> error

check pic - http://2i.cz/c448a78d5e

MusicDemon
15th January 2012, 03:20 PM
Administrator rights over the Warcraft III folder.

Right-click on the folder -> Properties -> Security -> Edit -> and give the user all access. It should do the thing.

stefos007
16th January 2012, 01:26 PM
Demon ... contact me and i ll say you how to make the application to ask for admin rights at start.

MusicDemon
16th January 2012, 04:11 PM
Already done, will be asked in the next version, that is ready but, Cen got to approve it ;)

Cen
16th January 2012, 04:58 PM
you should get in contact anyway to do the gproxy startup thingie

Cen
17th January 2012, 09:30 PM
Today we created a fake installer update to see how it works. It is actually the same installer but we forced the client to update it anyway. Since it's the same installer it doesn't change xpam version so whenever you run the client it will prompt you for update. When an actual new installer is released this will happen only once obviously.

Please report if client asked for update on startup and how did the update go.

Cen
18th January 2012, 07:54 PM
Those who downloaded please report back.

[srb]Antidote
23rd February 2012, 01:08 PM
man ppls who istalled warcraft on other drive cant use this ...no setup for path ????

MusicDemon
23rd February 2012, 02:55 PM
Thank you for reporting. The project is currently on a pause because I'm working at the moment and don't have time to check a thing.

IcyPig
23rd February 2012, 06:36 PM
Looks nice on the eye. I am looking forward for features , but i have couple suggestions as well :

-Add ''Activate account'' feature in future releases , it can save time for some users.
-Add ''Dota Downloads'' , and path is directly set to w3 / Maps / Download folder.
-Since it will be used like mini version of site , add maybe some Google Ads , it can bring you some extra money imo.
-Cosmetic improvements , tabs can be modified.
-It can be used to announce tours , you can post News , and it plays specific sound , different from wisper sound. More players will pay attention ,for lets say , tours and stuff.

Cen
23rd February 2012, 06:49 PM
Good suggestions. Just not sure about "Activate account" because you would need to specify your username and password which would then be stored somewhere on your computer (bad).

Besides, the whole purpose of activation is that you visit the site.

T-Pain
23rd February 2012, 07:11 PM
^ or create account

Taz.
23rd February 2012, 07:59 PM
Suggestion: Be able to login in that client. Doesn't have to be an obligation but if you do login then the activate button will be a click away. Also by logging in, you would be able to see your ladder stats.

IcyPig
23rd February 2012, 09:24 PM
Good suggestions. Just not sure about "Activate account" because you would need to specify your username and password which would then be stored somewhere on your computer (bad).

Besides, the whole purpose of activation is that you visit the site.

Good point.

One question : How will chat client work ? I mean its going to be normal gproxy chat like now , or it will be optional chat. By ''optional chat'' i mean use other bnet account and log in as topaz or osiris ,and still use one account on w3 client ? Imo you could make both . If you start w3 and gproxy , you have gproxy based chat , or you have option ''start topaz'' to sign in with other ebnet acc.

If it is modified gproxy chat log , i agree that you should have mini profile about your stats and stuff. About the part , logging in from client , sound impossible , because you need to type same thing on ebnet gateway , and i think there is no option for autofill.

Cen
23rd February 2012, 09:30 PM
well, client could theoretically read the packages from server and do the login for you but.. too much work for nothing.

Chat client should work the same way as osiris, at least that will be my goal (you can have multiple bots and they can all connect at the same time).

Everything else (ladder stats) is also possible. It just needs time and people we currently don't have. I expect things to move on in a month or so.

IcyPig
23rd February 2012, 09:39 PM
Important thing it will be done ,sooner or later. I will try to think about extra features. Also here is suggestion :

Since you only give OP and VOP to contributors , you can use some of those features only to be given for them.With that client , you can make loads of fancy features and who donates can have them on their profile. Smt like different colour of nick in chat (it draws attention , like they are special or smt , people like that ) , maybe some chat icon or even w3 server icon if possible ; advanced statistic in profile ( you can type your info like in forum , add some avatar , and also it can display official xpam league bot statistics , normal users will only have for PG; and also some profile skin , if chat is gonna look fancy as client (some hero in background ) ; also , since they may have different nick colour in chat , they can type with different color letters .

Like i said , options are unlimited.

Taz.
25th February 2012, 01:34 AM
FYI: Long ago, TP_MoonStar did a client similar to this.

Anyone knew about that ?

Herr
25th February 2012, 07:01 PM
Yy

fivetd
26th February 2012, 07:52 PM
When I try to start the W3 I get this message:Loader was unable to find w3l.dll.

I get the same error message. Can someone help me with this?

I also get the following error message:

MD new problem, when he open gproxy and client -> error
check pic - http://2i.cz/c448a78d5e
I tried the thing with giving admin writes to all users but still doesn't work.
Please some help???
Thanks

mrniceguy
26th February 2012, 07:55 PM
I get the same error message. Can someone help me with this?

download new warcraft, that one is obviously bugged.

and you are on wrong place you should have post this in technical support section.

fivetd
26th February 2012, 08:02 PM
First of all all, the quotes are taken from this topic.
Second of all, how can the war craft be bugged but until this new updated worked perfectly with all the previous euro loaders?

mrniceguy
26th February 2012, 08:11 PM
First of all all, the quotes are taken from this topic.
Second of all, how can the war craft be bugged but until this new updated worked perfectly with all the previous euro loaders?

It can be bugged cause mybe u have not patched it right, it can be bugged cause mybe u added some warkeys,dotakeys, hax or something that had bugged the dll file.

Also try to reinstall it, but dont add the client from this thread.

p.s. instead to patch warcraft manually use warcraft version switcher instead its a lot easier.

p.s.2. you have edited your previous thread, I thought u just have problems with warcraft but I see that u have it after u installed the client.

[RO]Claudiu
4th March 2012, 03:53 PM
both buttons of the loader don't work.
http://postimage.org/gallery/h3mgiem/e8bf14b6/

Also the Gproxy is not idiot proof, i recommended the server to many people and a lot of them got owned by Gproxy installation and update fail.

[Utf]Stameni
4th March 2012, 04:46 PM
Quote Originally Posted by pusx View Post
When I try to start the W3 I get this message:Loader was unable to find w3l.dll.

Got the same problem.And no i will not download new w3 just because of new instaler.Why do u always have to change things omg, things were fine the way they were and now i cant connect because of new s** that has taken place.

Cen
4th March 2012, 04:59 PM
Stameni;1461052']Got the same problem.And no i will not download new w3 just because of new instaler.Why do u always have to change things omg, things were fine the way they were and now i cant connect because of new s** that has taken place.

Excause me.

1. THis client is completely experimental, reason why it's called "Beta"
2. You do not have to use it at all
3. It does not affect your w3 at all, it does not break anything.
4. You probably can't connect now because server is off

[Utf]Stameni
4th March 2012, 05:03 PM
Oh if thats the case, then i apologize to all.I saw icon that server is up so i though that that was the reason.My bad.

mert1crazy
4th March 2012, 06:12 PM
game of ?

agtprvctr
4th March 2012, 06:55 PM
Hmm, server status icon says "up", but does anyone else have problem connect with the old client too?

Cen
4th March 2012, 07:04 PM
please stop posting here, someone might think that he can't connect because he doesn't have the client..