View Full Version : vouch request [+/---]

[tm]gene
9th January 2012, 09:29 PM
1.) Personal and bnet name.

Alin / [tm]gene

2.) Age

3.) Where are you from?

Dresden / Germany

4.) State your reason why you want to play here.

My goal is to play 1, 2 high level games per day and feel tired, not to play 10 public games and feel frustrated. I heard about the SS from this site. I must admit that I play dotA because it is a hobby of mine, but I also play to win and winning against lesser players in public games gives me no satisfaction.

5.) Your own, honest, assessment of your manners and temper.

I am hot tempered and I might spam once in a while 3-4 sentences after some high tension moments in games (especially if we lose the moments). Nothing spectacular usually some indications (I am aware of the futility of these indications, especially when advanced players are involved, but I cannot help it). Also I am jolly when I am relaxed and I make jokes with friends (and players that I know for a while). I tend to over do it sometimes but usually the more important the game the less I talk.

6.) Your own, honest, assessment of your DotA-skills.

Right now I am a mid-skilled player not really capable of handling professional-scene games (maybe support). Most of it is because of my hardware and my lack of time to play. My schedule permits me 2-3 games a day during the weekdays and obviously as many as possible during the weekends. It is however in my sincere opinion that I can handle the level of play that you require here. I am also capable of achieving semi-professional level with enough time to practice and have done it in the past. Right now it is not my purpose to go much more beyond my current level because of RL.

7.) A brief history about yourself (Only dota related information please - INCLUDE previous leagues, if any)

I started playing dotA in my first year of college in Timisoara, Romania in the autumn of 2004. I achieved my peak, skill-wise, in the summer of 2007 when I won with my clan (AoW) some national tournament. In 2009 I played on the Romanian public league on the Garena platform. Two months after switching to the private league I gave up dotA because of RL reasons. Now I am back and playing on xpam, mainly on the Romania channel and hopefully soon on the SS channel.

8.) Two replays which will show your skills, satisfying all noted ss requirements. (Private game or Clan War)

Browsing through the accepted vouch requests I saw that you put value on support heroes replays and I can understand that. I chose two replays that I played recently on the Romania channel. I believe they should show the reviewers my strengths and weaknesses (enjoy how I completely fail a levi ultimate. http://files.eurobattle.net/images/smilies/smile.gif ). Please note that initially both games were challenges (captain mode) but we had to remake for various reasons.

Thank you!

DNA-Doomix
10th January 2012, 01:47 PM
Fix your application you can see hwo ti looks like here http://eurobattle.net/threads/81521-How-to-post-a-vouch-request!

[tm]gene
11th January 2012, 06:27 PM
This is just a reminder of the fact that I fixed my application.

Slayzer
12th January 2012, 02:47 PM
Support 1/3
Based on CM replay. Btw I think I played somewhere with you earlier, cant recall it...

[abdullah]
12th January 2012, 08:35 PM
deny based on cm replay, very weak gameplay, wrong items AND on lane uwere using your spells so wrong(we use cm spells to prevent enemi farming+harras and we do that when they try to farm not randomly in fog or when they are 1000 range away-> this fault cause enemi riki do double kill) and last u didnt total fail as support cause enemy support players were comedy.

[tm]gene
12th January 2012, 09:10 PM
@slayzer Thanks! I can't say I remember...but maybe we did play (2007 might have been when, I was very active then)!

@[abdullah] Thank you for your review! My captain (krobelus) instructed me how he wanted me to play. With all your respect, for the purpose of that game, that is more important to me :). I am not pretending I know how you guys play CM on ss, rather I am pretending that I can play CM that way also :).

[^CrazyMrki^]
12th January 2012, 09:22 PM
Supp

mezhulol
12th January 2012, 10:27 PM
Person that can form full sentences without alternating between caps or typing w instead of v, and still applies for ss :O
supp, even if he's below standards he will learn fast and be a welcome change anyway

Kassel
12th January 2012, 10:43 PM
if he gets vouched, i give him 2 days and hes isnt that friendly anymore xD

Vaikiss
12th January 2012, 11:19 PM
give him a chance u can always deny if he will be that bad

Silver.
13th January 2012, 03:42 PM
I played a few games with him , for example he didn't use 1st skill on batrider , we deduced that "it doesn't make dmg so why use it" :)

DRG-
13th January 2012, 04:07 PM
Only ss members can post ?

-Decay-
13th January 2012, 04:09 PM
Person that can form full sentences without alternating between caps or typing w instead of v, and still applies for ss :O
supp, even if he's below standards he will learn fast and be a welcome change anyway
the thing is we have too many players like that and nobody seems to be improving
what's wrong with improving before coming here?this is supposed to be a league for those who are better than average, it should be a privilege just being a member
i agree with abg, he wasted a lot of mana on random spells(hint: in early game atack does more dmg than spells, that's why we only use spells when we can also add 1-2atacks to them)
so deny from me

[tm]gene
13th January 2012, 04:29 PM
Thank you for the support, guys!

@silver I did have maxed first skill. However, it is hard to cast it while you are dead. :)

@decay Thank you for the review. I understand your concern but I feel the same fact is reiterated. I did couple a lot of attacks with the spells and they were further followed by my lane mate who was the captain (I had to do what he instructed me). Also the effects of CM's 1st skill are more than one (slow, vision, dmg, AoE). I just took advantage of all of those properties and with good results: when we were ganged by the mid-player we killed 2 without a loss. Mind you, I was in a 2v2 lane against lich.

Silver.
13th January 2012, 08:42 PM
It's one game only , recently , i can't recount the others , but you failed batrider hardcore that game...used 3 times only 1st skill and being dead was not our fault.You should hold a tp or 2 everytime.

If they grant you the vouch , you should seriously start training , stay obs watch some games , try to learn and ask :) You have room to improve and i think that's what they are looking for.

[tm]gene
14th January 2012, 03:27 PM
@silver thank you again for involving in my application.

I was given batrider and was told I am to play support (wards and everything). Than at 10th min I was told that I should switch to carry and was left on a lane vs puck who was 3 lvl above me. Once I managed to get blink I did my job of initiating, only to find myself alone (because the team would not follow). So it was the team's fault I was dead. And please don't criticise my play in a game where you were naix (alone in woods) and managed to make in 20 min basher and phase boots. I don't want to discuss that game anymore. It was almost a pub.

[-NoNick-]
14th January 2012, 03:56 PM
support

[^RawR^]
14th January 2012, 04:14 PM
You seem like you need some guidance but are willing to listen. If captain told you the correct skill build for the hero you were given I think there would be no problems, so kinda support even though I don't know you

Plonk
14th January 2012, 04:19 PM
ss need ppl like him, he seems to be manared and that stuff, not another 15y kid applying

DNA-Doomix
14th January 2012, 04:27 PM
Denied you can re-apply in 1 month.