PDA

View Full Version : New mod recruitment

Cen
24th December 2011, 12:50 AM
Hello everyone

Yet again we are searching for some community help, recruiting some new moderators.

Position 1
We need 1 or more persons for video editing/montage/commentary to revive our youtube channel with quality material.

There is plenty of options to go for, like various tournaments, best replays of the week/month and stuff like that.

Since video editing takes quite a lot of time we would need several people for this position.

Position 2
PHP/C++ coders, never enough. Plenty of interesting stuff to do around. :)

Position 3
Our forum FAQ needs an update and as you might have noticed, there is a link to wiki on homepage which leads to nowhere at the moment. We would like to deploy an official eurobattle.net wiki to have everything about our server finally organised and moved from Tutorials and stuff.
Important W3 files need a huge revision too, so there is a lot of work here. More than just 1 person would be needed to tackle this challenge.

If you feel like capable for any of these, apply here with the following info:

Server acc:
Which position you are applying to:
Why are you capable of doing it (knowledge):
How much free time are you willing to spend on it:

Best regards, Eurobattle.net Administration

Silver.
24th December 2011, 10:38 AM
Server acc:

Silver.

Position 1 and 3

[B]Position 1 : Worked on videos before , for games like Counter-Strike , Warcraft , WoW etc , but have been inactive on that side for some time , but knowledge doesn't disappear over time just gets rusted.I will put myself up-to-date on latest programs used for this and hope I'll be of help :)

GoodAngel is a very good video maker , I could work with him without problems as I stated in DotA-Contest on idea for videos :)

Position 3 : I've been around for a long time and know what questions are asked , what programs are needed , how to write something explicit , it's no problem , I could help you there as well if you want.I also had my own forums and been mod on many and different so i have experience as well.

As much as I can , now during the holidays I won't have so much time , like 3-4 hours a day , more free time at night :) Summing it all up around 5-6 hours/day for now :)

GoFRAGurSelf
24th December 2011, 02:30 PM
Server acc:
GOFRAGURSELF

Position 1

I work with Sony Vegas,and After Effects , recently i have started learning cinema 4D too.I have plenty of expirience with SV and AAE.Recently i have been editing CS videos mostly just for practice,but i also have edited WC3 videos in the past.
This is my YT channel where i upload videos made for friends http://www.youtube.com/user/Rebelion1995?feature=mhee#p/u
And this is my first video(dota) which i made some time ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHs-9bCm1iY

I usually spend 10h weekly editing videos for anyone who asks me to,but I do it only for practice so I don't put a lot effort into it.I could spend about 3-4 h a day.

RuKi
24th December 2011, 03:27 PM
Server acc:
RuKi

Position 2

I've been programming in PHP for about 2 and a half years. I have done some small projects and some university with this language.
I know the basics on C++ (what I learn in university).
I really enjoy programming and I'm looking for cool projects for me to develop (:

On regular days 2~3 hours a day. Until February I'm going to be on vacation, so I can spend 5+ hours a day.

the_qq
24th December 2011, 04:43 PM
Server acc:

ThE_QQ

I was administrator of several forums, I did things like this. And more.

I'm online almost all day. I have enough time. I dealt with it as soon as I resolve CZSK section.

ThE_QQ, regards.:tiphat:

Avalon
25th December 2011, 01:22 AM
Position I

Server acc:
Stealthwarrior

Position 1

I have a pretty good knowledge in video editing and i do believe i can help if needed.One of my videos that i made for a friend's wow server is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79jrtjp_VeY
p.s. i know sound quality sucks,but i fucked smth up and when i waned to re-up the vid the server owner said he doesnt need it anymore,so the video stayed the same.

between 3 and 5 hours per day.

Position III

Server acc:
Stealthwarrior

Position 3

I've been around eurobattle.net since ever(i still remember when Xfire was main-admin and cen had hes forum acc klemen) so,obviously i have accumulated a certain baggage of knowdledge over the years that i believe it could be put to good work.Also I've been GM(staff member) on a wow server for half of year,time in which i've learn to organize forums and deal with things similar to this.

between 3 and 5 hours per day.

IcyPig
25th December 2011, 01:22 AM
Server acc:

Icypig , Icy-Svinja , YshL.Swinia

3rd position

First of all , i was Head Forum Moderator at playdota.eu , currently i do other work (Internal Affairs) related to PD community development , so i am quite good with working on forums. As well , i was moderating FAQ in Travian Browser Game forums , making tutorials for new players and other (community counted couple thousand people ). Along with all this , i know how to use SMF and Vbulletin forum tools quite good (Both of software i used to own and run administrative work). I would like to mention that i have solid Photoshop skill , was making couple album covers , some graphic improvements in PD forum etc. I think all this knowledge is enough to do the work. And most important , i can be trusted , you can check in PD forums. I know that i was kinda inactive when i was Other Section Moderator in forums , but that changed.

Time i have

Like i said from above , that changed. I have plenty of time to deal with work required. I am online every day couple of hours , sometimes more , sometimes less , but you can count on 4 hours minimum.

Yours sincerely , Icypig

kingW3
25th December 2011, 11:48 AM
Server acc:
kingW3/kingofW3

2 php,3

Position 2.Myn experience in php is around a year or so,i didn't do many thing mostly minor projects
Position 3.I got decent english knowledge,writing documentation won't be a problem

At least 2-3 hours per day

Slayzer
28th December 2011, 08:26 AM
Server acc:
TemS.Slayzer

Position one(caster).

A year ago I was one of the 3 winners of first Dota commentaries competition, unfortunately I haven't cast much due to my slow connection(would take too much time to upload). Under nick of MistiQue http://www.dotacommentaries.com/index.php/dota-commentaries-post/4832/

I can spend more than enough:)

PetyseXy
29th December 2011, 12:49 AM
Server acc: PetyseXy

3rd one

Well, I'm a very organized person and I think it's the 1st thing necessary to take care of this job. I don't know if you remember, but sometime ago when I helped Technical Suport section, I write few tutorials (some of them were accepted, others weren't) and I think that this is the proof that I'm a good writer (what I really think that is necessary). I'm a very experience guy, when we're talking about foruns, because I was moderator at many foruns.

Time enough to help and to do a good job.

[]'s
Hugs of Pety-sensei.

GoodanGeL
29th December 2011, 09:11 AM
Server acc:
GoodanGeL

Positon 1

http://www.youtube.com/thegreatsteve27
My first official video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_xMn3ULvxY) made with screenshots and SV.

1-2 real hours / day

_ARTAS_
29th December 2011, 10:50 AM
the_qq

I was administrator of several forums, i did things like this. And more.

I'm online almost all day. I have enough time. I dealt with it as soon as i resolve czsk section.

The_qq, regards.:tiphat:

qq +1 :)

nwind
3rd January 2012, 10:44 PM
Server acc: Nwind

Which position you are applying to: Position 3

Why are you capable of doing it (knowledge): Have experience which gained in years.Know allmost anything about server.Can find anything which is needed for restoration of faq easily.Have good communication skills.And have allmost all files for important files section.For wiki i think an old player who go allmost all the way with eurobattle family could be a good help.About my self i like working hard and i like discipline.Im a good team worker and im used to work with people.

How much free time are you willing to spend on it: have allmost 2-3 hours free in a day.But if needed can work more than that

DRG-
4th January 2012, 11:04 AM
I could deal with the commentary part, I have decent knowlege of PG and DotA and I can speak almost fluent ingrish.

:tiphat:

Cen
6th January 2012, 12:19 PM
Mods were picked and contacted in private.