PDA

View Full Version : Just an idea

omnicali
18th September 2011, 02:08 AM
Hello
I am writing this in order to make a difference between madness and common sense here. It's about flame rule. According to that rule, flaming is banable. You can even get permaban for flame. And I think it is insane. And I would like to we discuss it a bit in this thread.

For example, if I say to someone " I fuck ur sister" or "I rape ur mother and grandma" and that someone report me for flame I will be banned for some time. I just got banned 30 days for something like that. And all that is done according to rules. Can I ask u something, is that normal? What I mean?

1st, flame is relative thing. For example, if I say to Serbian person " You are dog" that Serb wont be insulted because Serbs simply dont flame that way. But if you say it to Holland or Sweden person, they will be insulted. That is hard flame in some cultures and if they report me for that kind a flame, flame moderator will close thread with lols because most moderators are Balkan people. Right? And imagine this, we have here many scandinavian moderators, and they actually report people for that kind of flames? Yeah, wtf?!?!
So, flames are relative and not clearly defined category.

2nd, are flames illegal in real life? You never heard flame on street, work, school, radio etc ? Oh pardon me, but if dont go in jail for "I fuck ur dead sister" in real life, why you go jail on internet for that?

3rd, my personal oppinion, if someone gets insulted for internet flame, than that person is not well adapted for life in general. How emo and weak you can be to be insulted by internet flame? I mean, most of flames are joke or overreacted ragespeak, and that insult you? If someone insult you on street you report him to police? Go adapt for life or shoot yourself in the head pls. Say, most of that people never played any sport? In my experience, when I play football or baskedball, there is a lot of flames with my mates and opponents and no one goes emo or start to cry because of it. I am sure that many other people have same experience with sport flames. And this Dota should be online sport or something imo. And yes, suggestion for that kind of people: you should listen as much internet flames as possible. Maybe that harden your mind and you get better adapted for real life. (if you put it that way, internet flames rly look benign ?)

4th, in the extreme case, if you are really emo and weakminded, you can ignore person that harrases you with flame. When you feel uncomfortably use !ignore <flame criminal> option. You even have ignore serverwide option /squelch <flame offender>. Pls emos, explore those options. It is really simple and it saves you from terrible mind crushing flames.

5th, flames are often reaction to provocations. Someone can abuse trolling and provoking to invoke someone's flame session to start. And they do it in order to report that poor provoke victim. SO, in those cases, pls make rule about trolling and provoking, because people are not ninjas that can hold emotions infinite time, and some internet trolls and provocators are rly good at that flame trap business. (I am kinda joking and making point via irony)

So my suggestion, delete flame rules. Be reasonable, wise and smart. Delete it. This is your chance to improve this community, and not just that, you can give example to other dota communities to change their rules about flames. I guarantee that if you do that, flame count will drop, emos will ignore flamers, and no more flame abuse and other evil business about this matter.

God bless you all, many kisses from true dota legend, Omnicali
Omni > world

Slayzer
18th September 2011, 02:49 AM
2nd, are flames illegal in real life? You never heard flame on street, work, school, radio etc ? Oh pardon me, but if dont go in jail for "I fuck ur dead sister" in real life, why you go jail on internet for that?
Actually they are, you can get fired for flaming.
On the other servers there is a ban for offensive/provoking/harrasing. Once this server gets rid of flamers the atmosphere in games will be much better.

Kuckar
18th September 2011, 03:28 AM
Yea... best idea... remove that rule so everybody can flame and we will all be happy. I don't get you. You say that when some1 flames you, you shouldnt go emo and stuff. And when you flame some1 you aint raging and going emo aswell?
So you say "how weak and emo you need to be to be insulted from internet flame"? and what about : how weak and emo you need to be to flame people over the internet?

Pyro
18th September 2011, 04:18 AM
too much time wasted on stupid thread like this

Cen
18th September 2011, 11:51 AM
Very very very low human and moral level for person of that age. I have never told anything bad about any1, but this guy is most unhonorable and dishonest person I have seen on this server.

We implemented those rules just because of ppl like you.

Hf