PDA

View Full Version : Midas discussion

Slayzer
31st August 2011, 11:43 AM
So we were nolifiing last night watching getting beaten in finals of 1v1 tour, and while I had nothing smart to do I was arguing with Cro_Zeus and [-Nonick-] about Hands of Midas, we knew it was changed but while they said ti doesn't give you bonus exp I was thinking the opposite.
Now here is what the official DotaStrategy.com forum presents it:

Price: 1900
Requires:
Gloves of Haste
Hand of Midas Recipe Scroll

Gives:
30 Attack Speed
Active: Transmute
Kills a target non-hero non-ancient unit, giving bonus reliable gold. Gives 190 reliable gold (you do not get the normal creep bounty). Also gives [S]1.5 times the normal experience when used on a unit. 100 seconds cooldown.

Now the whole point of this text is not that I was right but the wrong item description(or outdated) after testing it several times, both on neutral and normal creeps we came out with info that it doesn't give you the 150% of conversed unit experience but 250% I guess it was a miss type or just an unclear definition it gives u 100%+1.5 times normal unit experience.

Anyways after this short introduction I want to get to the part I wanted to discuss with you: Is it better to use it on higher level creep(gives you more experience) or to use it on low level creep(gives you more gold).
If you want more gold most would use midas on lower lvl creep, but is it as much profit as it would be if u used it on biggies?

So I've done a small research, why? Because some of you might forget that time is money right? And you spend less time killing low level creeps since they got less hp, means faster farm. I was farming wildkin camps, done few times to get more accurate results, here is what I've came up with:

Without midas
Gold gain: 114
Exp gain: 169
Time : 15s

Using midas on small wildkin
Gold gain: 288
Exp gain: 206
Time: 11s

Using midas on large wildkin
Gold gain: 236
Exp gain: 347
Time: 7s

By doing a simple maths, we can add 4 seconds of farming camp(without midas) to our 3rd option so the final outcome looks like:
Gold gain: 269
Exp: gain: 392
Time: 11s

Comparing this one to the 2nd option you get 20 gold less, but almost double amount of experience. Why do I think that using midas on high lvl creeps is better? Well lets ignore gold/experience thing for a moment and focus on time only, less time farming means more time spent helping your team which for a hero like Furion can be essential as he can pose great threat to opponents due to high mobility.

Vaikiss
31st August 2011, 11:50 AM
for a first few minutes of the game its definetly better to use them up on 1000+ hp creeps like satyr/fulborg/troll since they are hard to kill anyway and later on u just start using them on everything u see once cooldown is off

DRG-
31st August 2011, 02:39 PM
I will make midas right now, don't matter what hero I have :) BRB

Fika[F]
31st August 2011, 03:56 PM
for a first few minutes of the game its definetly better to use them up on 1000+ hp creeps like satyr/fulborg/troll since they are hard to kill anyway and later on u just start using them on everything u see once cooldown is off

this, in start it's better on larger creeps, latter it's w/e almost

+ the exp boost in the start is greater than latter in % I mean, you get almost half a level using is on a big creep

Voja
31st August 2011, 04:16 PM
Depends on situation, but like posts above me said, using on big creeps at start if you need exp is great.

Vaikiss
31st August 2011, 05:52 PM
;1368839']this, in start it's better on larger creeps, latter it's w/e almost

+ the exp boost in the start is greater than latter in % I mean, you get almost half a level using is on a big creep

actualy if u got midas on lvl 1 (money hax bitchez !@!@!@) then u lvl to 2.6 lvl instantly from 1 and 0 exp :D