PDA

View Full Version : About Hotkeys/Dotakeys/Warkeys

nerf_me^^
23rd February 2011, 07:16 PM
Yo. I am struggling all the time with my warkeys. I first used q,z(Untill i started playing SF more actively. Then i changed to q,tab,~. Then when i started playing Invoker more actively i started using ~,tab,caps,shift,ctrl. And i am still struggling :/

Can u guys show me how u bind your keys? So i can make a mix on how comfortable it will be.

P.S W/o that Penegrine(or how is it called)Glove
Just a default keyboard

Thanks,

NOe1
23rd February 2011, 07:18 PM
try with this one http://www.drjones.dk/customkeys/generator.php

i use same spells for all heros: q, w, e, r. and z, x, c, v. for inventory.

nerf_me^^
23rd February 2011, 07:25 PM
and what do u do for nevermore ? :/
same ? qwe and ulti R

NOe1
23rd February 2011, 07:34 PM
yes as i said above, in the beginning it will be a little harder to get used on that, but after some time it will be easy.

Shoocky3V
23rd February 2011, 07:41 PM
I use DTK (dota toolkit) basically you got every possible thing covered there, remaps, custom inventory keys, w3 settings, even invoker hotkeys, autocasting, and some other shit too

http://www.playdota.com/forums/242897/dota-tool-kit-dtk-customize-warcraft-dota/

i use Q W E R for spells , D and F for 2nd spells (morph, techies mines, invoker, etc )

items : space , z x c v b

nerf_me^^
23rd February 2011, 08:40 PM
I downloaded them but they still don't work

Shoocky3V
24th February 2011, 12:04 AM
download the big file, not small one

nerf_me^^
24th February 2011, 04:08 PM
Y i know i did that...

Tito
24th February 2011, 06:04 PM
http://warkeys.sourceforge.net/download.php

Alt + q = 7
Alt + w = 8
alt+ a = 4
alt+ s = 5
alt + z = 1
alt + x = 2

best way, believe me : )

( u use alt + q to not so often changing items, like power threads, or ring of basilius , alt + w , for stick mainly, in lategame for the third important casting item - satanic if made, alt + a = teleport, alt + s = bottle or dager, or lothar, alt + z I rarely use, mostly for sentry wards. alt + x, bkb and items with same value like him, or when u get dager after bottle, u transfer bottle and use it alt + x ).

Fika[F]
24th February 2011, 06:24 PM
I use q,w,e,r for spells
and right above 1,2,3,4,5,6 for items

best way

Tito
24th February 2011, 10:24 PM
no... if u play normal hero u select, crow #2, circle #3, if playing rex/visage, u select hawk/units #2, crow #3, circle #4.

GoodanGeL
25th February 2011, 02:39 AM
no... if u play normal hero u select, crow #2, circle #3, if playing rex/visage, u select hawk/units #2, crow #3, circle #4.

When Familiars or Hawk+Quillbeast dies the shortcut buttons will disappear ? And #1 what for ?

Shoocky3V
25th February 2011, 11:03 AM
ofc they disappear

and 1 for hero i guess

Tito
25th February 2011, 12:38 PM
Yes, when a hawk die it disselects, then when u make another hawk, u select it again and send it somewhere ( double pressing the key after selected, 2 in this case, brings your camera on the hawk and its much easier to keep track on it ), also, I catch the quickbeast or w/e its called #1 with my hero, because u catch her under another number, there is too much actions to make, focus pig, focus necros, burn mana, etc etc.

nerf_me^^
25th February 2011, 04:17 PM
lol cmon that's crazy :O
btw i think ur more slower that way, or ?

Tito
25th February 2011, 08:57 PM
Of course you are much FASTER, this way, i personally have tried 90% of warkeys/hotkeys/dotakeys known to world, the thing with ALT + QWASXZ, is the fastest and most reachable way there is.

And the thing with selecting heroes+summons+crow+circle, is also the most fastest way and the most simple one, for example u getting killed with 150 gold in you, you send your hero back, press twice 3, this brings u back at fontain allowing you to buy tp oor w/e u want for 150 gold.

the thing with hawk, its always a must to have it bonded #2, because once u lose it, you lose at least 1 sec of focus of the map, looking for it, what will probably result in your hero moving god knows where, god knows when, ruining the game for your team : )

Deadly_burek
26th February 2011, 12:13 AM
;1264185']I use q,w,e,r for spells
and right above 1,2,3,4,5,6 for items

best way

i use the same combination for items, but i have prob when playing rexxar, visage, chen, ench etc... cant bind them with ctrl+number

Fika[F]
26th February 2011, 01:29 AM
y that's why I don't play micro heroes

Tito
26th February 2011, 01:42 AM
Well when u play chen and enchantress, you select all units #1 and you micro each unit only with mouse, its pretty hard if u don't have played normal warcraft 3, tho.

Rexar is a bit more simple, all you have to do is that i mentioned before, select the hawk #2, u can move it even by clicking on the map, no need to waste time and look for it where the hawk is, where should i send it now.'

visage is pretty hard to play too, because the two revenants wont use stun at the same time, u need to press the ability that stuns, then tab and press again.

and this warkeys by 1-2-3-4-5-6 , was one of the worst options i've tried, i have pretty big hands and am facing problems when i am trying to reach keys after 4, + i can't type numbers without looking at the keyboard so its pretty hard., i doubt that is anyone that can't type Q W A S Z X, without looking in his own keyboard : ) ( its bonus as i mentioned that u can't select nor crow, nor circle, nor any other units ) .

Fika[F]
26th February 2011, 02:09 AM
I can reach all 6 without any problems o.O
And I can't type those letters without looking xD

Tito
27th February 2011, 07:41 PM
You catch the keyboard in wrong position...

the bottom of your left hand, should catch the left bottom of the keyboard.

Deadly_burek
27th February 2011, 08:24 PM
I can type anything on keyboard without looking but its hard to try something new, i just cant get use to it and i major mistakes while trying to learn

JoLpAz
28th February 2011, 05:12 PM
i see noone mentions space :D cuz of moving to ping?

i use normal hero`s spells and 3 4 5 and space for inventory ( just 4 slots :D )

nerf_me^^
28th February 2011, 05:26 PM
How do u use space ? When i use that it moves to the towers :O

AleLeLElele
28th February 2011, 05:36 PM
:d

Shoocky3V
28th February 2011, 08:11 PM
i use space too, tho im using space-z-x-c-v-b

:D

PROTOZZ
28th February 2011, 08:56 PM
My combination is :

q, w, e, r for spells,
t, y for additional spells(morphling etc..)
u, i, o, p, [, ] for autocasting
z, x, c, v, b, n for inventory
space for hero
1 for crow
2 for additional units
3 for circle

Shoocky3V
28th February 2011, 11:57 PM
lol u better tell what buttons u dont use

ba4eq
1st March 2011, 08:18 AM
u can set space as hotkey via autowarkeys.

mine are: inv 7/8 = alt +3/space, inv 4/5 = scroll up/down, inv 1/2 = alt +a/s, spells are default :P

[^RawR^]
1st March 2011, 08:54 PM
Rawr's mega high skill farmer binds:

QWERTY - 6 inventory slots
1, 2, 3 - hero, chicken, circle (in that order)
ASDF - spells (same hotkeys for learning spells)
ZXCVB - attack, stop, hold, special spell #1, special spell #2 (in that order)

JoLpAz
1st March 2011, 10:57 PM
wtf

JoLpAz
1st March 2011, 10:58 PM
why dont u put autocasting on O and L ?

Akhe
1st March 2011, 11:08 PM
alt+f4 for insta win :D

i use 1,2,3,4 and QWER (sometimes TY)
numbers for inventory
letters for spells
F1 is default for hero

Deadly_burek
2nd March 2011, 09:15 AM
why dont u put autocasting on O and L ?

its too far, i mean why would anyone use it......

JoLpAz
2nd March 2011, 03:52 PM
was joking with rawr when i saw his keys xDDD

InFyDelko
4th March 2011, 01:29 PM
Tito does the keys from your link work on windows 7 ? Because when i run script and when i click on loader or w3 it cannot join, it just put me back on deskt

Tito
4th March 2011, 01:42 PM
I use xp, but at some caffe's with win 7 i've used it, works without any prob... when u have firefox on, u need to switch on it, then press on w3, and it will open :D

Aeross
4th March 2011, 08:10 PM
Keys work on win 7, you just need to run it as administrator ( and install also as administrator ). I dont use hotkeys for spells just for inventory, I'm not playing invoker so im using Q, space, 5, 6, chicken on 3 (on 4 if i have units and units are on 3) and circle on 2. Someone asked why isnt there a number 1 :D, it is just more easy to use 2/3/4 because they are closer to normal spell keys or spells in my case and also, I saw some funny post here where someone asked something about units and why are you hotkey-ing them, n/c for this.

nerf_me^^
5th March 2011, 11:14 AM
Me ? always when i press space my camera goes to the towers

Shoocky3V
5th March 2011, 11:42 AM
because you go to the most recent map ping, it's default w3 key.

download some keys with which you can remap space into some inventory slot.

PROTOZZ
5th March 2011, 01:56 PM
http://drjones.dk/customkeys/generator.php#

The best!

InFyDelko
9th March 2011, 08:03 PM
Tnx aeross and tito !

Pyro
23rd May 2011, 04:02 AM
i use normal,just have to shortcuts on mouse for inventory,nothing more,me pro :D

paiNISTHESHIT
23rd May 2011, 06:56 PM
Just get Warkeys++ it works for all versions.

ilkento
30th January 2012, 05:37 PM
I got my Dota hotkeys (http://hotkeysdota.com/) from http://hotkeysdota.com/ (http://hotkeysdota.com) and they're working like a charm :)