View Full Version : RockMelt

[C]ifteinC[e]
1st February 2011, 02:29 AM
RockMelt (http://www.rockmelt.com/)

http://d1x0iee65vpbkn.cloudfront.net/0dd18ed4b47eda1884d9a344215b1ade.jpeg

bAPKPhoTqFY

More Info:
World, Meet RockMelt
Hello Interwebs! The rumors are true… starting today, we’re offering access to an early version of RockMelt, a new browser designed around you and how you use the Web.

RockMelt does more than just navigate Web pages. It makes it easy for you to do the things you do every single day on the Web: share and keep up with your friends, stay up-to-date on news and information, and search. And of course, RockMelt is fast, secure, and stable because it’s built on Chromium, the open source project behind Google’s Chrome browser. It’s your browser – re-imagined and built for how you use the Web.

If you can stand a few kinks and bugs, sign up for early access, and we’ll get you an invitation as soon as we can. We’d love to know what you think.

Your World Built into Your Browser

With RockMelt we’ve re-thought the user experience because a browser can and should be about more than simply navigating Web pages. Today, the browser connects you to your world. Why not build your world right into your browser?

Your friends are important to you, so we built them in. Now you’re able to chat, share that piano-playing-cat video everyone’s going to love, or just see what your friends are up to, regardless of what site you’re on. Your favorite sites are important to you, so we built them in too. Now you can access them from anywhere, without leaving the page you’re on. And RockMelt will tell you when something new happens.

Share or tweet links often? Yeah, us too. No more wading through each site’s goofy share widget or copy-pasting URLs. We built sharing directly into the browser, right next to the URL bar. Like a site or story? Click “Share” and BAM – link shared. You can use it on any site to post to Facebook or tweet about it on Twitter. It’s just one click away. That easy.

Personalized and Backed by the Cloud

Wherever you go on the Internet, RockMelt makes the Web a personal experience. Because RockMelt is the first browser you log into, it unlocks your Web experience with your Facebook friends, your feeds, your favorite services, even your bookmarks and preferences. RockMelt is also the first browser to be fully backed by the cloud. This means you can access your personal browsing experience from anywhere, and you get quick updates from the people and sites that are important to you.

Behind the scenes, RockMelt is always working on your behalf. Do you visit the same site 10 times a day, checking for new posts or updates? Well, RockMelt keeps track of all your favorite sites for you, alerting you when a new story comes out, a friend posts new pictures, or a new video is available. And when you open a RockMelt feed, the content is already waiting for you. You can Like, comment, reply, retweet, share - all the actions you’ve come to expect from each service you follow.

Faster Search

Last but not least, RockMelt makes search faster. And better. We got tired of clicking back and forth trying to find the right search result. So we made search as simple as leafing through a magazine. With RockMelt, you can use your keyboard to flip through Google search results and pick the one you want. Super fast. Super cool.

Rock Solid Foundation

Any intro to RockMelt wouldn’t be complete without recognizing all the tremendous work that came before us—and which we’ve built upon. We’re based on Chromium, the open source project behind Google’s Chrome browser, which in turn is based on WebKit, the open source HTML layout engine used by Apple, as well as a host of other projects from Mozilla and others. These projects, which we contribute to, represent the best browser technology out there. RockMelt wouldn’t be possible without these projects, as well as the open APIs, help and support we’ve received from Facebook, Twitter, and others. We’re proud and deeply grateful to be able to build on the shoulders of these giants. Thanks friends!

Get Your RockMelt On!

After two years of work, RockMelt is still a baby. It’s our baby and we’re proud of it, but we’re most excited about what it will grow into. We’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to do. If you’re on Mac or Windows and you don’t mind some kinks and bugs, we hope you’ll sign up for early access and let us know what you think! We are sending out invitations as fast as we can, while making sure our service scales up. We hope you like RockMelt as much as we do. You can follow our blog or our Twitter account or like us on Facebook for updates. Happy browsing!
It's a very good browser im using it ...Its something like Google Chrome but its better :)

KonK
1st February 2011, 02:43 AM
I also use it, the best about rockmelt is the interaction with social networks

Tecktonik.
1st February 2011, 02:44 AM
can u give me direct link to download it ? I just want to try it out.

[C]ifteinC[e]
1st February 2011, 02:52 AM
This goes by inviting from facebook or twitter but i will upload the installer and give on PM . (Becouse i dont know are warez links allowed here)

I also use it, the best about rockmelt is the interaction with social networks
Right .
p.s. Teck did you try it ?

Cen
1st February 2011, 03:14 AM
I guess it's good if you're a social whore. :)

KonK
1st February 2011, 03:21 AM
can u give me direct link to download it ? I just want to try it out.

We can always send invites on facebook

[C]ifteinC[e]
1st February 2011, 07:54 PM
We can always send invites on facebook
You can send only 6 invites on facebook ... :)

Tecktonik.
1st February 2011, 07:57 PM
well , I tried to install it , but it required request in the rock melt web site bla bla bla .

[C]ifteinC[e]
1st February 2011, 08:06 PM
Ok what's your name ill send you a request from fb ... To install the browser you must to get invitation on some of the social networks .

KonK
1st February 2011, 08:09 PM
ifteinC[e];1249812']You can send only 6 invites on facebook ... :)

When you invite someone, and this person accepts you get 2 more invites

Tecktonik. Send me your facebook through PM and I will invite you ^^