PDA

View Full Version : Arranged RP?

mezhulol
17th January 2011, 12:20 AM
Hy pipols

Inspired by similar projects, hosted at the hiveworkshop I was wondering if anyone of you guys is interested in role-playing maps.

Let me explain.. this starts up with someone (me with cen probably) creating a co-op map that has certain objectives as win conditions, and is lost when the team is wiped. Then, a few people sign for it, and in an arranged time, we gather to play this map. If the map is succesfully completed, the next part of the story will be created, and again, the guys that sign for it play in an arranged time, using their self-made heroes, so the story slowly continues.. The fun part about it is that you would be able to create your own characters, using your own chosen models, stories and concepts, and that, the more you progress into the scenario, the better they become. And this goes on, until the team of signed players reaches the final map- which is like the last part of the scenario and thus complete the game.

To visualize the idea let me give you some examples of how this is supposed to be like; ever played any single player RPG? This should be exactly like that, except that instead of playing alone vs the monsters, you'd have your friends team up with you. And as for the character you'd play, that wouldn't be just another character made in a character creation screen, it would be your own character the way you described it and the way you'd want it to be like.

So, if anyone is interested, go ahead and post here your ideas on; what the mission objectives could be, what the concept could be like (age?place?magic?), how the maps could look like, maybe even some story elements that you'd like to see. And if there's enough interest in this, I guess we could slowly start the thing up (map making isn't a fast proccess), and once we're all finished with our exams, we could start playing. :)

VanGogh
17th January 2011, 04:32 AM
Hmm.. I played once Enfos Team Survival, seams to me, it is really interesting RPG map.

I would make an RPG with that kind of scenario. RPG would be played PvP. ( Player(s) vs. Player(s) ) 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 5v5.
I would to put recipe's on shops like in DotA.

In the other hand, I would make an tawerns with your warriors (grunts, shamans, archers, hunters and so on, to the highest level like Worms, Abominations, Chimeras etc), ofc the most higher level of them if you what to be your to command, the more expensive their are.

You are fighting against monsters wich are on start of playing level 1. On every 5-10 level, computer puts randomly one of both teams into the deadmatch 1v1 on some random ring.
Game is now paused till they don't finish the fight.
The winner of deadmatch as for win get experience bust or some super cool item wich could be useful in fight agains monsters.

Well, that is my first opinion about new map.
If you like it as begining leave me a comment and I'll try to upgrade it to more excited map.

mezhulol
17th January 2011, 04:58 AM
you're out of topic : )

I (+cen mb) create a map that is like the first level of a single player RPG. Whoever is interested, plays that level with some character I prepare for him, according to his wishes. When level 1 is completed, the next part (map #2) is prepared and whoever wants keeps playing, having his older character buffed according to his deeds in map #1..

For example, we agree the scenario to be some medieval age phantasy rpg.. Then you tell me I want my character to be a Priest, that has like those spells, and you choose a model for your character. Uppon completing map 1 and if you choose to continue with your priest, I give your priest additional abilities etc etc, so you play your lvl 2 priest in the map #2, etc etc until the group of players finishes all the maps (aka finishes the entire scenario, if that would be a single player rpg).. get it? :) its funnier than it looks now and yeah i know im a nolifer for replying that late and that fast XD

It's kind of like all those ORPGs with the difference its gna be seperated into smaller maps (for each mission/dungeon/smth) and also far more co-op orientated..

_Dead_Shoot_
17th January 2011, 12:20 PM
Well Akhetaton made a really nice map DotE,I can give u but it's not yet released. :)

VanGogh
17th January 2011, 12:32 PM
So, if anyone is interested, go ahead and post here your ideas on; what the mission objectives could be, what the concept could be like (age?place?magic?), how the maps could look like, maybe even some story elements that you'd like to see.

Kahm..

You wrote here to we give you some our opinions about map how it is gonna be, Meshulugulagalah. :)

Ok, I will read one more time 1st post what you were asking and try to be helpful.
EDIT:
Ok, if you need players for that new map, I'm here. But, I doubt I can be available during afternoon hours, because I'm on work till 21h this week. If your time can match with mine and other dudes, count me in.
After 22h I'm free till my gf allows it. :)

Akhe
17th January 2011, 08:48 PM
Mushu, I didn't know u are mapmaker ;)
U can count me in to make the map (altought i'm noober than u guys)
i give more info later, cant now

I (think) understand what are you trying to develop, you wanna do a RPG like Twilight's Eve, Guilds of Hyppos, Final Fantasy RPG, The Black Road, and TKoK (imo the best), so you guys can count me in if you are too busy or need more 1 to help you on the making of these (these, right?) maps.
I just don't understand the feature of "Players can design their own hero"...
do u mean custom abilities?

Akhe
24th April 2011, 04:02 AM
guys is this project abandoned? --''
I finished my Map and wanted to practice mapmaking so u can count me in if ur still into it =)

Cen
24th April 2011, 04:11 AM
I guess with only 3 ppl this will pretty much suck... not that I have a lot of time for this either. :P

Btw Akhe, you wanna team up on the map me and mezhu gonna work this summer? Say yes for more info. :P

Akhe
24th April 2011, 04:17 AM
Yes, yes, yes! :)

Shoocky3V
25th April 2011, 01:31 AM
btw i liked some shit me meshu plavsha and co played last summer, some wow-a-like map, thats cool i guess xD

Akhe
26th April 2011, 10:39 PM
btw i will be inactive until May1... from that day I will be rockin' again :p