PDA

View Full Version : Continue the story - Vol2, real deal

Cen
22nd November 2010, 07:15 PM
The idea to accept whole continuations weekly and awarding the best is way better than randomly continuing every day. If you guys're still interested, here we go.

Until every saturday, post a continuation of your own. You'll first have to continue after this lil intro, then we'll continue every week with the winner's version. With this approach, we could get something preety nice on the end, we'll see.

I'll be giving old and rare Best story contest awards for each weekly winner. http://eurobattle.net/images/medals/story.jpg

For the start, continue from this:

It all started with a question to the youngest student: "What is best in life? -To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women." It was at that time, when Master realised, that a great warrior is about to emerge from this young one.

His name was . .

So, post your continuation, a paragraph or two, not longer than this whole post, on the weekend we'll pick a winner and continue from his story.

DRG-
22nd November 2010, 08:45 PM
His name was Karwin. A young eager student, his dream is to become a great warrior like his father and to avenge his death. He is a orphan found one day in the street by the Master, and he adopted him and he is learning him to be a great warrior.

DRG-
22nd November 2010, 08:46 PM
I'm glad this time it is organized. :D

Akhe
22nd November 2010, 09:00 PM
His name was Vaan and he wanted to be a SkyPirate like his grandfather was. He never met his father, since he was once left in the streets of Keromin, he lives only with his mother. Keromin is a beatiful magic city plentiful of lights. He had a friend, and it was in love with that girl that is called Lena.

VanGogh
23rd November 2010, 12:27 AM
His name was...
Well, does it really matter what his name is? No... He was a man with full confidence. A man with great fortitude, competence! Either way, I'm willing to bet, there is no such a man that he stood on his way. Till, a couple of years when he was...<>

quellilo
23rd November 2010, 12:57 AM
Silken.He was the smallest of all students, but the loudest and the most irresponsable person in class.But not until this time, the Master's oppinion about this specific student had changed.He knew all kind of them.His experience of working with students for over 30 years has made him understand their personalities, their thinkings, and life in general.But the funny thing is that he was never wrong about his judgements.Never, but now...

DRG-
30th November 2010, 02:18 PM
And the winner is?

Cen
30th November 2010, 08:33 PM
His name was Karwin. A young eager student, his dream is to become a great warrior like his father and to avenge his death. He is a orphan found one day in the street by the Master, and he adopted him and he is learning him to be a great warrior.
That part really ruins the rest. You told some more info about him, about being foud etc, but adding just like that "to avange his death" is too unexpectable and you don't give any more info about this.
+telling some background about the character
-mentioning "father's death" and continuing like nothing just happened.
-story is too obvious

His name was Vaan and he wanted to be a SkyPirate like his grandfather was. He never met his father, since he was once left in the streets of Keromin, he lives only with his mother. Keromin is a beatiful magic city plentiful of lights. He had a friend, and it was in love with that girl that is called Lena.
Well again, overall nice, because you described a bit what's up with him, but it's too random. First you mention his grandfather, then father, then you start describing the city and asap return to the character and his love.
A big + for implementing the love factor, but it might not be enough.
Also, SkyPirate is really strange. :)
+description, including the city and his love
-SkyPirate is a bit strange and you don't even tell what this is
-adding grandfather/father/mother one after another, plain adding
-"He had a friend" doesn't really mean anything

His name was...
Well, does it really matter what his name is? No... He was a man with full confidence. A man with great fortitude, competence! Either way, I'm willing to bet, there is no such a man that he stood on his way. Till, a couple of years when he was...<>
+being the only one to go with different approach
+leaving an open continuation which shows that something important is gonna happen
-less info than others gave, everything is so indefinite

Silken.He was the smallest of all students, but the loudest and the most irresponsable person in class.But not until this time, the Master's oppinion about this specific student had changed.He knew all kind of them.His experience of working with students for over 30 years has made him understand their personalities, their thinkings, and life in general.But the funny thing is that he was never wrong about his judgements.Never, but now...
+focusing on master instead of student, leaving "secrets" to be revealed later
-you somehow mixed the whole situation in a school-like environment, at least this appears in mind when you read word "class"
-never being wrong about a person isn't really funny :)

Weekly winner!
I kinda liked every continuation in some way but got confused on the other. Every continuation has some flaws, some more some less..so it's really hard choice. Anyway, the

winner is: VanGogh

I modified the last sentence a bit, because the expression is kinda weird. I hope you ment the past. Correct me if not.

Also, I'm hoping even more continuations come this week, gogogo! :)

Story continues from here:

It all started with a question to the youngest student: "What is best in life? -To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women." It was at that time, when Master realised, that a great warrior is about to emerge from this young one.

His name was... Well, does it really matter what his name is? No... He was a man with full confidence. A man with great fortitude, competence! Either way, I'm willing to bet, there was no such man that stood on his way. But then one day...

DRG-
1st December 2010, 10:28 AM
...when he was just a young powerless teenager, living with his parents in a small village called Urmas. In one night a evil demonic mist emerged from the darkness and had covered the entire village. It was...

w/e

quellilo
1st December 2010, 03:53 PM
His name was... Well, does it really matter what his name is? No... He was a man with full confidence. A man with great fortitude, competence! Either way, I'm willing to bet, there is no such a man that he stood on his way. Until a couple of years ago when he was..

I find this ironic therefore I can't continue.He said: " ...there is no such a man that he( although this "he" should be removed, it's not correct this way) stood on his way".That part is okay but the next one doesn't fit with the previous one.
I mean he could have started with "Until" like he did but "until a couple of years ago.. " that part got no sense because by starting with "until" it is expected that someone finally stood in his way, that he had some fierce quarrel etc, but he used it in the past tense which doesn't fit with the introduction which is all in the present.

Cen
1st December 2010, 06:25 PM
I find this ironic therefore I can't continue.He said: " ...there is no such a man that he( although this "he" should be removed, it's not correct this way) stood on his way".That part is okay but the next one doesn't fit with the previous one.
I mean he could have started with "Until" like he did but "until a couple of years ago.. " that part got no sense because by starting with "until" it is expected that someone finally stood in his way, that he had some fierce quarrel etc, but he used it in the past tense which doesn't fit with the introduction which is all in the present.

you're right. Fixed a bit. I think it makes more sense now.

Akhe
1st December 2010, 07:04 PM

His name was... Well, does it really matter what his name is? No... He was a man with full confidence. A man with great fortitude, competence! Either way, I'm willing to bet, there was no such man that stood on his way. But then one day..

... when he was sleeping, at 5am, a nowhere sound came to his ears and woke up him, he seemed frightned for the first time he remembered... the sound was a voice coming from an unknown place, he was just hearing it «Why have you did this to me?!» on a trembling voice that scares even the most courajous men...

edit: from the past challenge, a SkyPirate (related to Final Fantasy XII) is like an adventurer that has an airship for its travelling, that makes quests and go to places never revealed by the human being. Sry for that mistake.

^ILoveMyWallet^
1st December 2010, 07:59 PM

His name was... Well, does it really matter what his name is? No... He was a man with full confidence. A man with great fortitude, competence! Either way, I'm willing to bet, there was no such man that stood on his way. But then one day..

... the unexpected happened. After several hours of heavy and unforgiving training the hero showed his true face. Being tired he forgot and left his feelings to come to the surface,for a moment the boy stood still .... his eyes were sparkling, his face was hardened, the hatred was unimaginable...It was like a.. an-an aura of hate surrounding that boy and it.. it went to soar nearby regions...

p.s: i hope i didn't make any spelling mistakes or w/e

quellilo
1st December 2010, 09:36 PM
Nice guys, good job, I see you got some talent ^^

I'm still waiting for my inspiration to come.. :)

Cen
1st December 2010, 10:42 PM
Nice guys, good job, I see you got some talent ^^

I'm still waiting for my inspiration to come.. :)

It's near holiday time, there will be planty. :)

^ILoveMyWallet^
4th December 2010, 11:07 PM
Until every saturday, post a continuation of your own.
Sunday :smile2: I guess it will be decided today or?

Cen
5th December 2010, 12:24 AM
I'll 1 one more day if someone else appears. It looks bad having only 2 contestants.. :/

Vex
5th December 2010, 02:48 AM
t all started with a question to the youngest student: "What is best in life? -To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women." It was at that time, when Master realised, that a great warrior is about to emerge from this young one.

His name was... Well, does it really matter what his name is? No... He was a man with full confidence. A man with great fortitude, competence! Either way, I'm willing to bet, there was no such man that stood on his way. But then one day...

But then one day came a man who has changed for the better thing. He opened the eyes of many people's eyes were full of tears you cry, fear and longing to see a day full of sunshine color, to see how their female children grow up with confidence, to continue the way for anyone dreamed of. And their dreams have were .....

^ILoveMyWallet^
6th December 2010, 12:51 AM
Nasty tho.. It seems we are only 3 contestants after all.. lol :)

Cen
6th December 2010, 05:56 PM
... when he was sleeping, at 5am, a nowhere sound came to his ears and woke up him, he seemed frightned for the first time he remembered... the sound was a voice coming from an unknown place, he was just hearing it «Why have you did this to me?!» on a trembling voice that scares even the most courajous men...

Everything except «Why have you did this to me?!» is ok, you could be more original with the words. :)

... the unexpected happened. After several hours of heavy and unforgiving training the hero showed his true face. Being tired he forgot and left his feelings to come to the surface,for a moment the boy stood still .... his eyes were sparkling, his face was hardened, the hatred was unimaginable...It was like a.. an-an aura of hate surrounding that boy and it.. it went to soar nearby regions...

p.s: i hope i didn't make any spelling mistakes or w/e
You can't describe his hate like this and leaving us with only this, you should end it up with something "he approaches the master and.." or something like that. ;)

But then one day came a man who has changed for the better thing. He opened the eyes of many people's eyes were full of tears you cry, fear and longing to see a day full of sunshine color, to see how their female children grow up with confidence, to continue the way for anyone dreamed of. And their dreams have were .....
The part about someone's arrival is good, but then you mixed it up too much, some strange grammar errors and you complicated too much. You could stop at "of many people" already and maybe tell more about this person or what he was about to do. You got too far away from the storyline.

Winner of the week: Akhetaton

His name was... Well, does it really matter what his name is? No... He was a man with full confidence. A man with great fortitude, competence! Either way, I'm willing to bet, there was no such man that stood on his way. But then one day, when he was sleeping, at 5 in the morning, a nowhere sound came to his ears and woke up him. He was frightned for the first time he remembered... the sound was a voice coming from an unknown place and saying: "Why have you did this to me?!" with a trembling voice that scares even the most coragious men...

DRG-
7th December 2010, 10:13 AM
thanks for considering my post as well :D

Cen
7th December 2010, 05:01 PM
Your didn't make any sense:

But then one day...just a young powerless teenager.

???

so I thought it's an error.

Akhe
7th December 2010, 10:36 PM

His name was... Well, does it really matter what his name is? No... He was a man with full confidence. A man with great fortitude, competence! Either way, I'm willing to bet, there was no such man that stood on his way. But then one day, when he was sleeping, at 5 in the morning, a nowhere sound came to his ears and woke up him. He was frightned for the first time he remembered... the sound was a voice coming from an unknown place and saying: "Why have you did this to me?!" with a trembling voice that scares even the most coragious men...

..He quickly, sweating all over his body, ran to his car thinking that there was safe. After some seconds, after starting breathing right, he grabbed his phone and called his father. The father answered the phone:
-Yes, dear, why calling at so much late? - With sleepy voice..
the man was starting to explain what happened when he suddenly heard a sound of his father being knifed, then he heard his father "Come fast, my son, He is killing me!!"...

DRG-
13th December 2010, 08:27 AM
Then he started hearing footstepts beside his bed. He ran out of the house scared and restless, he kept repeting in his mind ("I know that voice" , "Why don't I remember"). After things calmed down, he returned to his bed and went to sleep.Nothing strange happened for the rest of the night, but in the morning he couldn't bealive his eyes when he saw...

KonK
14th December 2010, 02:48 PM
Then he started hearing footstepts beside his bed. He ran out of the house scared and restless, he kept repeting in his mind ("I know that voice" , "Why don't I remember"). After things calmed down, he returned to his bed and went to sleep.Nothing strange happened for the rest of the night, but in the morning he couldn't bealive his eyes when he saw...

A really strange shadow moving randomly in his bedroom, at first he thought it was simply hallucination, but he could not be more wrong. The shadow started approaching him and he heard his father's voice. Immediately, he woke up and thought to himself: "Oh, thank God it was just a nightmare". But, right at that moment, his phone rang, he was too scared to answer it. He thought the caller would give up, another mistake in the same day. When he bravely answered the phone on the second time it rang, he dropped his jaws because it was...

Akhe
14th December 2010, 11:51 PM
Man I think you are wrong, you need to continue this story

, not the past poster's one

Cen
15th December 2010, 12:08 AM
Akhe is right.

Akhe
16th December 2010, 10:55 PM
too bad this thread's dead :(:(:(

Cen
16th December 2010, 10:58 PM
3 continuations came, I'll choose one this weekend

Cen
22nd December 2010, 11:16 PM

..He quickly, sweating all over his body, ran to his car thinking that there was safe. After some seconds, after starting breathing right, he grabbed his phone and called his father. The father answered the phone:
-Yes, dear, why calling at so much late? - With sleepy voice..
the man was starting to explain what happened when he suddenly heard a sound of his father being knifed, then he heard his father "Come fast, my son, He is killing me!!"...

Winner of continuation is Akhetaton.