PDA

View Full Version : WoW tips? :)

Mladenus
4th October 2010, 11:24 PM
Hey guys, my friend is starting to play WoW, he asked me about help, but I don't know so much, instead, I decided to ask you guys, here (I'm sure there are many WoW players here). So, if you know more than just basics, say some advice.

He's about to make Dwarf - hunter, but doesn't know which one is better, should he focus on beastmastery talents or marksmanship? Which one is better, for PvP/PvE? What do you think?

Thanks in advance... :tiphat:

Bonzy
5th October 2010, 01:15 AM
Why don't you just admit that you are starting to play WoW? :)

Cen
5th October 2010, 01:28 AM
plavsha is wow geek, he should know (if you have him on msn)

and btw, you can read wowwiki (google)

Mladenus
5th October 2010, 02:12 AM
Why don't you just admit that you are starting to play WoW? :)

Cuz I haven't play games (except goes to DotA) for over 2 years. I think I'm done with it. Besides, I wished to get into WoW few years ago, but I couldn't. It's not the game for me. :)

@Cen: I told him myself to check for some tips there and some guides, but first hand is first hand. It's not that important anyway... :)

^ILoveMyWallet^
5th October 2010, 09:46 AM
Well, imo hunter isn't a class to start with. Its a pretty 'hard to play class' if u want to use its maximum potential.

About talent spec.. there are different opinions....
Beastmaster is good for lvling/ some certain PvP situations too, but nowdays it ain't used so much.
Both Marksmanship and Survival are pretty decent for both PvP and PvE. These two talent trees have some fair dmg spells and crowd control abilities, it mostly depends on what each person likes and what job he could do easier..

Again, as beginner, I believe ur friend should go for Beastmaster.. because its easier to handle, at least until he gets all the 'WoW basics'.

Nobber708
5th October 2010, 10:09 AM
u only need 1 tips
1. Stop playing it
:P

Mladenus
5th October 2010, 11:32 AM
Well, imo hunter isn't a class to start with. Its a pretty 'hard to play class' if u want to use its maximum potential.

About talent spec.. there are different opinions....
Beastmaster is good for lvling/ some certain PvP situations too, but nowdays it ain't used so much.
Both Marksmanship and Survival are pretty decent for both PvP and PvE. These two talent trees have some fair dmg spells and crowd control abilities, it mostly depends on what each person likes and what job he could do easier..

Again, as beginner, I believe ur friend should go for Beastmaster.. because its easier to handle, at least until he gets all the 'WoW basics'.

Means, Marksmanship hunter is better dps? And if I tell him about being beastmaster is better for beginner, he'll kinda piss off. :p

About the jobs, basically, Beastmaster is gonna look like some low damage guy focusing on strong pet and Marksman is gonna look like some though dps guy with not so strong pet?

u only need 1 tips
1. Stop playing it
:P

Told him so, myself... :p That game consumes your money and soul. :bless:

[RO]Claudiu
5th October 2010, 11:57 AM
consumes your money and soul.

i play wow like i play w3 . FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.... ...∞.......EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

www.molten-wow.com - has 4 realms each with a population cap of 3500 and queue of 600 i play on realm neltharion on the aliance side.

www.shadowmourne.net - instant 80 pvp server for no-life only.

http://projecteden.ath.cx/pe/ - for newbs , good for learningthe game .

^ILoveMyWallet^
5th October 2010, 12:45 PM
Well Mladenus, beastmaster talent build improves ur pet alot, so you don't really have to do so much by urself (as character).
As marksmanship/survival ur pet doesn't really get any improvement, only traps/ranged spells/new spells.
So pretty much Marksmanship/Survival is morely based on ur playstyle and not on the pet, the pet is there just for minor dmg/interupts and maybe some stun or w/e.

Mladenus
5th October 2010, 03:03 PM
Survival are traps, right? He doesn't want that. So, basically, if he focuses on beastmastery, his pet gotta be dps, if he focuses on marksmenship, his pet should be tanker?

@Claudiu: I know, but I suppose it ain't that interesting and balanced as on original. Do you have some tips? :)

Deadly_burek
5th October 2010, 03:30 PM
tell him to start with some hybrid class, like druids, shamans or paladins so he can find himself in game...some players r good healers some are bla bla bla bla .... for hunters, beastmastery is for leveling...its a very bad dps talent tree, so now i think marksmenship and survival r dps's , but i would go for marks

.DeitY.
5th October 2010, 05:56 PM
Survival to lvl 80,then marsknship if he likes nuke range attack,beastmaster really SUCK,its nerfed in new latest wow patch...marksmanship FOR THE WIN!

Mladenus
5th October 2010, 07:52 PM
He decided to go Retribution Paladin. Thank you all for the tips.

Damn, I wish I had more free time...

Deadly_burek
5th October 2010, 07:55 PM
slap him if he goes for prot pala

^ILoveMyWallet^
5th October 2010, 11:16 PM
Mladenus, he went for a better choice. Ret pala is more easier to play, also as a novice he should stick to DPS talent tree until he learns most important things about the game.
;-) Also as a tip, if he ever goes for holy/protection just tell him to let raid/group members know that he is a beginner, in order not to start a fight/flame war/get angry if he fails or doesnt do such a good job.

Sometimes just telling the truth might make other ppl in the group to play more carefully and therefore the group wont get 'Epic failboat mega ass pwn wipe'.

Mladenus
6th October 2010, 01:22 AM
Well, that's true for sure, better if they don't expect much from him, 'till he learns. Anyway man, thanks a lot for advices. ;)

^ILoveMyWallet^
6th October 2010, 02:35 PM
Np anytime. I hope those tips will help your friend as much as he needs. If you have more questions or need some explanations about anything you can ask here or pm me and I'll try to answer asap :)

Lowlife
6th October 2010, 03:02 PM
I played wow once
had a hunter level three
got into a high level area
leveled up to level six
died
stopped playing
friend spent four hours getting me out of the high level area
:D

wasn't allowed to play wow on his pc anymore after that
:tiphat:

[RO]Claudiu
6th October 2010, 06:38 PM
Survival are traps, right? He doesn't want that. So, basically, if he focuses on beastmastery, his pet gotta be dps, if he focuses on marksmenship, his pet should be tanker?

@Claudiu: I know, but I suppose it ain't that interesting and balanced as on original. Do you have some tips? :)

project eden is retail-like , it has everything scripted and interesting + minor custom content to make it even more interesting.

.DeitY.
6th October 2010, 08:31 PM
Hes gone to molten-wow which is really hard to level...and rates really sucks :/ but anyway,he gone to retri pala,he made a good choice...

Deadly_burek
6th October 2010, 10:32 PM
Mladenus, he went for a better choice. Ret pala is more easier to play, also as a novice he should stick to DPS talent tree until he learns most important things about the game.
;-) Also as a tip, if he ever goes for holy/protection just tell him to let raid/group members know that he is a beginner, in order not to start a fight/flame war/get angry if he fails or doesnt do such a good job.

Sometimes just telling the truth might make other ppl in the group to play more carefully and therefore the group wont get 'Epic failboat mega ass pwn wipe'.

I believe he will raid with his guild, i mean there are some pugs but its a very bad progress and you dont know if you're gonna continue with that raid group... Just tell him to find a nice casual guild and he will be fine on Cataclysm. Hardcore guilds are for vanilla players

PaTh
12th October 2010, 04:03 PM
DO NOT PLAY WOW! it is best tip you can get! :pet:

BossBoT
12th October 2010, 04:11 PM
DO NOT PLAY WOW! it is best tip you can get! :pet:

WoW is boring.........so much

YDLOG.kbt
12th October 2010, 04:22 PM
yeap, i'm currently level 19 and a half paladin, if i don't get something to ride on on level 20 , i'm going to america, and gonna bitchslap someone.

.DeitY.
12th October 2010, 04:22 PM
yea...espeecially when u fight versus donors ( trolol no life )..

How someone can give money for game whichs no life.....;/

[-NoNick-]
15th October 2010, 09:06 PM
If you want to play wow - play on retail, not on crap private servers.