PDA

View Full Version : Dota Ladder background

GrunWalder
2nd September 2010, 11:20 AM
Hello, i managed to make my own ladder from Mitsuky's tutorial (Ty very much Mytsuky)

And now i wonder how i can change the background.
-First i dont want that black transparent screen and in the back to be hardly seen the default background image.
-I want to get rid of the black transparent screen and change the background image.
How can i do it ? :tiphat:

MiZiGe
2nd September 2010, 11:35 AM
well, it is a generated webpage, so it is possible...cannot really tell you how-to now, but I will search a bit

Amoeb
2nd September 2010, 12:04 PM
I did this a while ago (changing image) but I'm not on the right comp right now so I'll tell you what to do from what I can recall.
Go to the www/allstats folder.
In there there should be a folder called images (or something like that)
If i'm correct it contains a file called bg.jpg
Rename or delete it.
Now take any picture you would like as you background image, and save it as bg.jpg in the www/allstats/images folder.

I can't help you with the transparent black background though, my php skills are to limited.

GrunWalder
2nd September 2010, 03:34 PM
TY all i was able to fix all the problems thanks to a magnificent program called firebug.

-with it i was able to see what was the command line that was responsable for the black transparent screen and i was able to deactivate it from the styles.css file (of course after checking all the files to see who has that line)

I tell you all how i did it for others to see too:

- firstly i noticed with firebug what was the line responsable for the black transparent screen and found it in styles.css :

background: url('img/mid.png');

div.pageholder
{
width: 1016px;
//background: url('img/mid.png');
overflow: hidden;
border-left: 1px solid #EBEBEB;
border-right: 1px solid #EBEBEB;
margin: auto;

I put // in front of the line to deactivate it.

- And i saw the line for the background image too that was also here in styles.css

background: #000 url(img/bg.jpg) fixed center no-repeat;

body {
background: #000 url(img/dota.jpg) fixed center no-repeat;
padding:0;
font-family:"Trebuchet MS";
font-weight:normal;

I changed the picture "bg.jpg" with my chosen picture that i changed its size with a picture editor then namimg it "dota.jpg" .
Then i inserted my picture path in the command line.

That was all, also with firebug i saw tha lines responsable for the text colours, fonts and sizes in my dotaladder where i was able to change the html codes for the default colours with my colours (I google'd for a html colour code image)

Check how it looks now:
http://dotafan.zapto.org/allstats/

:happy2: