PDA

View Full Version : What is the greatest Empire that ever existed?

GoX_
3rd August 2010, 02:39 PM
What is the greatest empire that ever existed?
Vote, and tell us why did you vote that.

Qell_Buraa
3rd August 2010, 02:52 PM
Ottoman i dont think i have to give a reason ^^

C0r73z
3rd August 2010, 04:04 PM
romanian empire

Akhe
3rd August 2010, 04:07 PM
portuguese empire, the ones who know portuguese history know why.
oh, and it's kingdom, not empire.

Mladenus
3rd August 2010, 04:11 PM
Alexander's empire no in poll? So I vote "other".

ProfileScorp
3rd August 2010, 04:24 PM
URSS empire is biggest :P

GoX_
3rd August 2010, 04:25 PM
URSS empire is biggest :P

nope,British Empire was the biggest in the world

DRG-
3rd August 2010, 04:38 PM
Roman empire ofc. Just look at the map in that period and see. Caesar had almost all europe ffs !

MiZiGe
3rd August 2010, 04:48 PM
of course the British Empire, as it is the only one (more or less) still existing :)
Also, it is best because it is British.

British.

ProfileScorp
3rd August 2010, 04:57 PM
yea, british was biggest... mongol was second , russian just third :P

anyway i voted for roman empire to be the greatest... it had quality not quantity :D

Akhe
3rd August 2010, 05:10 PM
btw, if had not portuguese, i'd vote gengis (khan), it was an amazing man and amazing soldiers.

Cen
3rd August 2010, 05:28 PM
I fixed the title. Ad I say...

DRACULA!

Matks
3rd August 2010, 05:37 PM
I voted to ottoman but ı think British empire

Tecktonik.
3rd August 2010, 05:41 PM
Arabian empire!

Matks
3rd August 2010, 05:44 PM
Roman empire ofc. Just look at the map in that eriod and see. Caesar had almost all europe ffs !

:funny:

Bonzy
3rd August 2010, 06:10 PM
Roman empire, the greatest because it is simply a definition of an empire, in that time and time after nothing similar existed, Rome had 1 million citizens and 1st city after Rome that had 1 million citizens got to that number was in like 17th century or smth and that is a powerful fact, Roman emperors did not just rush for more territory, it was not just about armies like in Ottoman or Khan empire, it was about laws, civil rights, culture, science etc. Also Roman empire lived a long life, longer than almost all other empires.

Qell_Buraa
3rd August 2010, 07:17 PM
btw, if had not portuguese, i'd vote gengis (khan), it was an amazing man and amazing soldiers.

Was gonna say the same >.>

-KaMiKaZa-
3rd August 2010, 10:24 PM
alexander's empire ofc

eXtasY
4th August 2010, 03:46 AM
Roman empire, the greatest because it is simply a definition of an empire, in that time and time after nothing similar existed, Rome had 1 million citizens and 1st city after Rome that had 1 million citizens got to that number was in like 17th century or smth and that is a powerful fact, Roman emperors did not just rush for more territory, it was not just about armies like in Ottoman or Khan empire, it was about laws, civil rights, culture, science etc. Also Roman empire lived a long life, longer than almost all other empires.

I was lazy to write why i've voted for Roman, but you said it all.
Second that.

RaouL
4th August 2010, 10:59 AM
Raoul's Emipre (My Empire)

.DeitY.
4th August 2010, 11:51 AM
Roman empire...with lead of Julie Caesar they pwned alll..

Akhe
4th August 2010, 03:42 PM
Roman empire...with lead of Julie Caesar they pwned alll..

he wrote whosyourdaddy ! :banned!::banned!::pet:

paiNISTHESHIT
4th August 2010, 08:09 PM
Other --> Illyrian Empire !

Cen
4th August 2010, 08:16 PM
Caesar-44BC
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/76/RomanEmpire_Phases.png/800px-RomanEmpire_Phases.png

Before you talk that he had whole europe, educate yourself. Noobs

Focused
4th August 2010, 08:26 PM
im lazy to read who wrote what

MACEDONIA BIGGEST EMPIRE DURING Aleksandar period

every other argument is DENIED

efko.wbs
4th August 2010, 09:34 PM
hmm British one? Even just Canada and Australia are lil big ,not talking about other countries.

eXtasY
4th August 2010, 09:58 PM
Serbian empire ! Ha ! :)

http://en.academic.ru/pictures/enwiki/83/Servia1350AD.png

Stat.ics
4th August 2010, 10:21 PM
It was the Mongol Empire in my opinion...The Mongols were the biggest empire ever stretching from the China Sea to the Baltic, down to the Black Sea and Indian Ocean.
It was so because its military capacity was unsurpassed.

Its influence is more durable than appreciated, especially in the secondary effects resulting from the conquests of the Mongols. Many other peoples from the steppes were displaced westward into permanent contact with Middle Eastern and Central Europe societies.

Cen
4th August 2010, 11:52 PM
Actually...Mongol empire lasted only for the time of Gengis Khan. When he died, all went bye bye. The whole "empire" was totally unstable and except conquering the vast territory, it ment nothing.

Akhe
5th August 2010, 02:31 AM
territory and big lands doesnt mean "good" and "strong" empire..

Stat.ics
5th August 2010, 11:57 PM
Cen,i was reffering to the fact that,greatest empire,meant size,army and ocuppation.But that was only my opinion because the Mongols went into Europe, Mesopotamia, Korea, China and Japan,and it was pretty a hit for them.And it didn`t last only in time of Gengis Khan,don`t forget about succesors,like Kubilai Khan.;)

.DeitY.
6th August 2010, 10:32 AM
he wrote whosyourdaddy ! :banned!::banned!::pet:

Pff,its the truth..:)

@Extasy Serbian empire is the second largest empire.:D

KaCzA
6th August 2010, 11:31 AM
If you talk about largest.... The winner is Mongol's Empire.

http://home.comcast.net/~DiazStudents/IslamMongolEmpireMap.jpg

http://www.columbia.edu/itc/mealac/pritchett/00maplinks/medieval/mongols/empire.gif

and this is Alexander Empire..

http://www.ucalgary.ca/applied_history/tutor/oldwrld/armies/armyimage/Alexstates1.jpg

Mongol Emipre > All

GoX_
6th August 2010, 05:58 PM
If you talk about largest.... The winner is Mongol's Empire.

http://home.comcast.net/~DiazStudents/IslamMongolEmpireMap.jpg

http://www.columbia.edu/itc/mealac/pritchett/00maplinks/medieval/mongols/empire.gif

and this is Alexander Empire..

http://www.ucalgary.ca/applied_history/tutor/oldwrld/armies/armyimage/Alexstates1.jpg

Mongol Emipre > All

i love to pwn noobs,this was the biggest empire:

Avner
6th August 2010, 07:30 PM
This is what I wanted to say..

GoX_
6th August 2010, 08:36 PM
i dont understeand,here are so many brazilians ,why they dont vote for Portuguese Empire ?-.-'

KaCzA
6th August 2010, 09:03 PM
ye but most of them are colonies....And i mean one big Empire...

Akhe
6th August 2010, 09:08 PM
What is the greatest empire that ever existed?

that is poll question, I see Greatest instead of Biggest there..
so why discuss what bigger? :)
I mean, a big empire doesnt mean 'good'... like Rome... they were big empire, but it fell like a cards' pyramid (excluinding the fact that they gave us laws, culture, monuments, roads , etc)

Tburce
6th August 2010, 11:49 PM
culture,laws,modern,roads e.c = rome empire
warriors,heroes = ottoman empire , mongol empire and myb alexander but he was lucky like hell...others means nothing ,
with small explains

china : they made china wall cause of ottoman and they are known with their tricks and kung-fu is a bullshit u cant beat 20 men with it ...
russia : they have freaky cold lands (natural defense)
napolion : he were fox not a hero and his first lose was against Ottoman's small guarding army in Egypt called Nizam'ı Cedit(other than janisseries)
british : mass of colonies

Stat.ics
7th August 2010, 09:53 AM
Thanks for all who agreed me:).

Bonzy
17th August 2010, 03:34 AM
Akhetaton, Roman empire existed for more than 1200 years(counting the time of kings and the republic,without those 2 it existed for ~500 years), which big empire except Rome existed for more than 100 years? Alexander's? Mongol? Roman empire was the only big empire that existed for significant time, other empires were mostly made by rushes of the armies that would fall apart as the leader dies, no infrastructure, no economy, no law, no nothing. Roman empire was simply the greatest one.

And I have to notice that it really is a funny thing when modern Macedonians raise Alexander The Great in the sky while claiming they are descendants of the old Macedonians, while everybody including them knows that old Macedonians were Greeks. I mean, it really is funny, the whole world is laughing at the irony.

Lowlife
19th August 2010, 07:12 PM
voted for roman in absence of the klingon empire
srsly
what are you
a intergalaxist?
:bat: