PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft Movie

Cen
3rd June 2010, 06:18 PM
May, 1. 2010.

When discussing the movie, Metzen says that they are still meeting with director Sam Raimi about putting ideas together on “what kind of story we want to tell, what do we want people to feel, what is the best way to look at this big franchise.” It seems like a lot of thought process is going into the WoW movie, but yet nothing has yet be decided upon. Metzen talks about the conflict of how to go about making the movie remain true to the games but that the core experience would still remain on the game side. By saying “Oh, I get it that matches my expectations when I played”, Metzen wants fans to gain a certain feel from the movie through camera angles and other aspects that remind them of actually playing the game. The movie is still far from production and hopefully once the Hollywood side of production gets going the movie will become a real reality and that it won’t just become a big hyped up blockbuster failure.

The film was originally set in the era of Warcraft: Orcs and Humans. This was scrapped, however, as there were notions that it would be too similar to Lord of the Rings and that Warcraft had reached its current level of popularity through its MMORPG, rather than the previous RTS games.[1]

As such, the movie is set one year before World of Warcraft and will primarily told from the Alliance's point of view, though Metzen says his heart lies with the Horde. Characters such as Cairne Bloodhoof, Thrall, Sylvanas Windrunner, and Bolvar Fordragon are likely to make appearances. Arthas is unlikely to appear.[1] At BlizzCon 2007, Chris Metzen said that the main character is set to be a new hero described as a "kick-ass Human" and an "Anti-Thrall".[2][3] This new character in the movie is not same one as in the comic (now known to be Varian Wrynn).[4]

Metzen also stated clearly that lore would be bent for the sake of the film, Varian Wrynn might have a twin.[3]

Interestingly enough, the film is described as the "first film", raising obvious possibilities as to future installments.[3]

Concept art of Teldrassil was released in relation to the film, hinting that at least some of the film takes place there, and perhaps by extension, in Darnassus.
Anyway...movie is postponed to 2013, but who knows, it can be 2020 if you ask me.

THIS IS GONNA BE A DISASTER! :cry: :sad: :havesex:

edit: Howtfuk can they "talk" for 3 years?

Majestic.
3rd June 2010, 06:52 PM
Important is that stupid Windrunner and that Fordragon(?) are in and some better characters are out...

Here's some info about fordragon, i searched google a bit: Clicky (http://www.giantbomb.com/bolvar-fordragon/94-14325/)

Cen
3rd June 2010, 09:06 PM
Highlord Bolvar Fordragon was a venerated warrior of the Alliance and served as the Regent of Stormwind following the disappearance of King Varian Wrynn. Upon Varian's return, Bolvar was named the commander of the Alliance forces sent to take the battle to the Scourge in Northrend. After the treachery of Grand Apothecary Putress at the Battle of Angrathar the Wrathgate, Fordragon was believed to have been killed, either by the Forsaken Blight or the fires of the red dragonflight.

However, Fordragon survived, his body altered by the dragons' flame, and was taken by the Scourge into Icecrown Citadel, tortured by the Lich King in an attempt to break him to his will. However, the noble spirit of Fordragon resisted the Lich King's deprevations. After the death of Arthas Menethil, the mortal host of the Lich King, Fordragon demanded that Tirion Fordring place the Helm of Domination, containing all of the powers of the Scourge, on his head, so that he would forever be the jailer of the damned - imprisoning the Lich King within the Frozen Throne once more and containing the threat of the Scourge.

Ahh...god forgive them.

that Warcraft had reached its current level of popularity through its MMORPG, rather than the previous RTS games.[1]
They will go for the WoW. The best ruined story evah. W3 players completely forgotten...that was my biggest fear which now came true.

phaNtom
5th June 2010, 03:22 PM
I believe it will suck a lot.

Leemn
5th June 2010, 05:20 PM
It has great potential but like most movies made after video games there's a big chance it will suck in the end.

Abyss.Grab
7th June 2010, 02:23 AM
I remember 2006 when they were saying it will come out by the end of 2009. I would ask them to look at the calendar right now and think of the words they said.
Anyway the film will be crap cause they are inventing characters not included in the games...

Cen
22nd October 2010, 01:48 AM
Let's see what's new with this.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/

On first look, nothing new is out there, and that's correct.

I think they only added 1 more year, from 2012 to 2013. :/

:crymeariver: :sad: :havesex2x:

Mladenus
22nd October 2010, 07:42 AM
It's bullshit... They're just postponing it.

I believe this movie can be on the Top, in front of LotR and SW, but I have some bad feeling that it's gonna suck.

.DeitY.
22nd October 2010, 09:54 AM
Omg,i cant wait 3 years..:/

Majestic.
22nd October 2010, 03:52 PM
Naah, they won't make it. Fucking Idiots.

If they make any movie about warcraft, it will be based on some wow 'stories'. W3 is forgotten. Totally.

Arbalest
22nd October 2010, 04:07 PM
well majestic imo making a movie based on w3 roc would be a nice idea, making it about wow =>obvious fail, but imo they won't be able to make a movie worth watching i'm almost sure they'll mess it up

Mladenus
24th October 2010, 05:33 PM
Oh, my friend enlightened me, so I decided to do the same to you too. Check this out, it may help about the movie:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Soon

Cen
24th October 2010, 06:21 PM
hehe, that's too true :)

.DeitY.
24th October 2010, 07:38 PM
This is a silly article :D

KeweLi
30th October 2010, 02:28 PM
Lol, a few years ago they actually said 2010.