PDA

View Full Version : Some guitar tips

Avalon
3rd June 2010, 11:24 AM
Heya,i got a new guitar,its clasical -clifton (have a electric one 2 but i dont play to mutch at it :happy:),well the reason i opened this thread is because im searching for some sites where i can learn some guitar songs,and i was wandering if anyone from the eurobattle.net comunity knows anny site like that(google didnt helped to mutch),im interested more in songs that dont require a pick,just fingers.
Thank you for you're help :tiphat:

TBK.Goldy
3rd June 2010, 11:37 AM
try youtube. it shows you in practice how to play what.

Avalon
3rd June 2010, 12:59 PM
10x man,thats a pretty good advice,im always using youtube,but i was thinking at something where i can check tabs + listen to the song itself,that would a be verry usefull,if there is such a site ofc.

Joseph
3rd June 2010, 10:09 PM
search eBooks, but if you want to learn playing guitar by reading quit it now and start maths.

Taz.
5th June 2010, 12:47 AM
All I did was search the song on ultimate-guitar.com and I learned how to play guitar. And now I play with the community in church.

Herr
5th June 2010, 12:51 AM
Sorry for spam here, but I swear I read "quitar tips", so in other words, what to do with leavers :D Anyway, good luck learning the instrument.

Avalon
5th June 2010, 12:26 PM
All I did was search the song on ultimate-guitar.com and I learned how to play guitar. And now I play with the community in church.

verry helptfull 10x :beer2:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/s/simple_plan/save_you_tab.htm ---> this is what i was searching for
p.s. 10x herr ^^
p.p.s. just 1 more question,

http://www.youtube.com/user/simpleplan?blend=1&ob=4#p/a/f/2/6BKWAKVABRI
what is she playing at 0.20 ? i mean witch part from
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/s/simple_plan/save_you_tab.htm

sorry for the noob question,it's just that i got the guitar for a couple of months but didnt actually got interested into learning,and i dont know why but latelly i feel the urge to play at the guitar .

Taz.
5th June 2010, 08:09 PM
Let me give you a hand here.

First, search for the song. Then sort the results by chords. So on the left panel, press chords. Now, you look at the rating, the better rating there is, the better the chords are more accurate and right.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/s/simple_plan/save_you_ver3_crd.htm

Here,now. You can put the mouse over the chord and it will teach you how to play it. But remember, the first string is the last one on the guitar.

This song has a Bm. As a beginner I doubt you would want to learn complicated chords. At this stage you better start off with songs that easy. Now, remember, a song can be played on many kinds of different scales. Meaning different notes. If you realize that the song is too hard, change the "ver" ( version ). Under the title there is a little panel, called "more versions". If you find it's too hard, change song. Once you realize you can play the song alone with your guitar and voice. Then keep on practicing it over and over. The only trick that will let you play the chords without looking is practice. You will know them by heart. Trust me, a song could have 3 chords. Even the one you chose has, Bm, A, G and D. They are all simple chords, except for the Bm. Try it, you have nothing to lose. And the only key to succeed in guitar is patience. It will take time, it will take some effort, but it is worth it. You will be so proud of your self when you just read the chords, play & sing without even looking at your fingers. If you have any other questions don't hesitate.

Enjoy ;)

Avalon
5th June 2010, 09:47 PM
Let me give you a hand here.

First, search for the song. Then sort the results by chords. So on the left panel, press chords. Now, you look at the rating, the better rating there is, the better the chords are more accurate and right.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/s/simple_plan/save_you_ver3_crd.htm

Here,now. You can put the mouse over the chord and it will teach you how to play it. But remember, the first string is the last one on the guitar.

This song has a Bm. As a beginner I doubt you would want to learn complicated chords. At this stage you better start off with songs that easy. Now, remember, a song can be played on many kinds of different scales. Meaning different notes. If you realize that the song is too hard, change the "ver" ( version ). Under the title there is a little panel, called "more versions". If you find it's too hard, change song. Once you realize you can play the song alone with your guitar and voice. Then keep on practicing it over and over. The only trick that will let you play the chords without looking is practice. You will know them by heart. Trust me, a song could have 3 chords. Even the one you chose has, Bm, A, G and D. They are all simple chords, except for the Bm. Try it, you have nothing to lose. And the only key to succeed in guitar is patience. It will take time, it will take some effort, but it is worth it. You will be so proud of your self when you just read the chords, play & sing without even looking at your fingers. If you have any other questions don't hesitate.

Enjoy ;)

This is just perfect,dude,i love ya.
btw,it's not just that ill feel proud of myself truth in
but im actually trying to impress a girl ,and i always bragged i got a guitar and stuff(tough i never played on it to mutch) so.. she sayd that we should sing something togheter because she is really ancious to see how mutch she needs to practice to be as good as me :happy::blush:(you can imagine how mutch i bragged),so that sometimes can be anytime,thats why im trying to learn more advanced songs instead of the easier ones.
But i have to say..in after a couple of days i tough my fingers will start bleeding,now (afterr 1-2 weeks ) they feel so numb that i don't even care about the pain.

Joseph
5th June 2010, 11:39 PM
If your guitar skills match your English skills, you should look for another way to impress a girl.

mezhulol
6th June 2010, 12:01 AM
Kevin pro guitar player

[RO]Claudiu
6th June 2010, 12:03 AM
modern girls dont fall for guitars anymore ....

Avalon
6th June 2010, 01:12 AM
Claudiu;1121178']modern girls dont fall for guitars anymore ....

im not talking in general,im talking about 1 girl :happy:
and shes like mad over long haired with guitars guys.

If your guitar skills match your English skills, you should look for another way to impress a girl.

can i has ingrish?

Dear sir,my English problem is absolutely none of you're concern.Pliz,from now on abtain yourself from replying to anny of my post's/thread's.
capish?

edit: found something eassy to play
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/j/jonas_brothers/give_love_a_try_ver2_tab.htm

:D

Taz.
6th June 2010, 09:22 AM
Leave the guy alone -.-... The tip of your fingers will become sore for a while, then they will harden. And you will get use to it and feel nothing. Once, I kind of took a break. So a month later, I played, my fingers killed me ... The trick is to play constantly.

By the way, that's the tab not the chords.

Avalon
27th June 2010, 12:54 PM
okay so here it is my first clip
jb-give love a try

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJpLopNSApw

:tiphat:

TBK.Goldy
27th June 2010, 02:11 PM
i once played the guitar for 10 hours (or more) my fingers bled. That made me not want to play the guitar ever... So now... I play it now and then, bleed my fingers, heal (use tango), then play again etc.

_TerrorBlade_
27th June 2010, 11:05 PM
Heya,i got a new guitar,its clasical -clifton (have a electric one 2 but i dont play to mutch at it :happy:),well the reason i opened this thread is because im searching for some sites where i can learn some guitar songs,and i was wandering if anyone from the eurobattle.net comunity knows anny site like that(google didnt helped to mutch),im interested more in songs that dont require a pick,just fingers.
Thank you for you're help :tiphat:

Brave one, not using a pick; for that, i shall grant you some of my divine fingerpick wisdom.

but first, i'm just curious why not use a pick? ---- whatever you can do with a pick, you can do with your fingers, and vice versa. It's up to the song to decide what will fit best, so you should practice both, and 90% guitarists start with a pick. And this is because the left hand requires more attention(at first), and once you get that down, you will find it much easier to focus on right hand technique, pick or fingerpick;

In any case xD. Since i woke up in a good mood I will write you some tips from a guitar sage xDDD

Seriously, there's no 'easy way'; you might've already noticed, you can't trick the guitar! Practice, practice, practice o.o; But as in any domain, in matters how you practice, you must do it right. As you will find out that later on you won't need the brain to play anything(hands just move), at the beginning and throughout learning challenging songs you must FOCUS; and, don't ever be satisfied 'ok.. i think this is quite allright', BullSh1t!. It must be beyond perfect, fuck the fingers, no one died of practicing guitar so don't worry.

Daily practice. Everyfucking day, even if you have 5 minutes of free time only, those 5 minutes matter, just strum the chords. There's a saying, that sounds better in romanian but i'll throw it in anyway xD '"If you leave the guitar 1 day, she will leave you 2 days". And that is my friend, very true, practicing 10 hours on one day will do nothing unless you cant practice at least 2-3-5 hours the other 6 days.

Record your progress. This is very useful to keep you going. You should record the same song you played 2 months ago, and compare the 2 recordings, and while you thought that you nailed it 2 months ago(because we discussed that you musnt stop until its perfect xD), you'll see a difference. It will become more fluid, more groovy, more kinky and more etc etc. That is the ultimate difference between a musician and a guy that plays guitar for girls.

Write down the songs you know. DON'T let them go to waste, you should compile a text with all the shit you know so far, and maybe things you are currently learning and etc(be creative). So before you start practicing, you will play all those songs as a warm-up. This will be your portofolio, after you reach a good amount of songs, it help with self esteem, and increase at least 2cm in cock length... what? Noh, seriously, i believe that many guitarists give up simply because they see no progress in their playing, in time they will practice less and less, and eventually quit.

There's alot more i can bullshit here, but in the end it all come down to your determination. If you played war3 long enough then it should be ok, cuz the way we do it, we play 24/7 so we can beat that guy that beat us the other day, and even so, we know that there's no way of learning if we keep on winning, so loosing is a MUST. So loose, starve, sweat, bleed, cry and shout for mercy, and in 10 years from now, you shall become, the next Paul Gilbert XD

(...i think i gone nuts)

Well i hope this helped... in whichever weird way xD

Avalon
28th June 2010, 10:14 PM
Brave one, not using a pick; for that, i shall grant you some of my divine fingerpick wisdom.

but first, i'm just curious why not use a pick? ---- whatever you can do with a pick, you can do with your fingers, and vice versa. It's up to the song to decide what will fit best, so you should practice both, and 90% guitarists start with a pick. And this is because the left hand requires more attention(at first), and once you get that down, you will find it much easier to focus on right hand technique, pick or fingerpick;

In any case xD. Since i woke up in a good mood I will write you some tips from a guitar sage xDDD

Seriously, there's no 'easy way'; you might've already noticed, you can't trick the guitar! Practice, practice, practice o.o; But as in any domain, in matters how you practice, you must do it right. As you will find out that later on you won't need the brain to play anything(hands just move), at the beginning and throughout learning challenging songs you must FOCUS; and, don't ever be satisfied 'ok.. i think this is quite allright', BullSh1t!. It must be beyond perfect, fuck the fingers, no one died of practicing guitar so don't worry.

Daily practice. Everyfucking day, even if you have 5 minutes of free time only, those 5 minutes matter, just strum the chords. There's a saying, that sounds better in romanian but i'll throw it in anyway xD '"If you leave the guitar 1 day, she will leave you 2 days". And that is my friend, very true, practicing 10 hours on one day will do nothing unless you cant practice at least 2-3-5 hours the other 6 days.

Record your progress. This is very useful to keep you going. You should record the same song you played 2 months ago, and compare the 2 recordings, and while you thought that you nailed it 2 months ago(because we discussed that you musnt stop until its perfect xD), you'll see a difference. It will become more fluid, more groovy, more kinky and more etc etc. That is the ultimate difference between a musician and a guy that plays guitar for girls.

Write down the songs you know. DON'T let them go to waste, you should compile a text with all the shit you know so far, and maybe things you are currently learning and etc(be creative). So before you start practicing, you will play all those songs as a warm-up. This will be your portofolio, after you reach a good amount of songs, it help with self esteem, and increase at least 2cm in cock length... what? Noh, seriously, i believe that many guitarists give up simply because they see no progress in their playing, in time they will practice less and less, and eventually quit.

There's alot more i can bullshit here, but in the end it all come down to your determination. If you played war3 long enough then it should be ok, cuz the way we do it, we play 24/7 so we can beat that guy that beat us the other day, and even so, we know that there's no way of learning if we keep on winning, so loosing is a MUST. So loose, starve, sweat, bleed, cry and shout for mercy, and in 10 years from now, you shall become, the next Paul Gilbert XD

(...i think i gone nuts)

Well i hope this helped... in whichever weird way xD

yeah it helped don worry^^,
also i dont like using a pick,i simply dont,its like im trying to concentrate to hold the pick,what to do with the right hand(right hand techniquee=))) ) and what to do with the left,like 3 things to concentrate,i find it alot more easier to just use my fingers in all the songs i played instead of using a pick witch kinda confuses me,sometimes i forget what my right hand should do and my fingers just move...dunno if u can understand what i mean^^
p.s. goldy if u play once upon a time im sure ur fingers will bleed,i mean u kidna need to play daily then ull get smth called "corns" i think its called in english(google translate sucks >.>) i bet then it wont hurt/bleed :-?i hope:-s