PDA

View Full Version : WarCraft III on widescreen

dragosdydy
27th April 2010, 09:10 PM
Hello all! This is my first post here and i'm not very sure that i've posted in the right section! Anyway, i had a problem some days ago. I wanted to play Warcraft on a widescreen monitor and i tried to solve that problem. Hmm, i solved it, and i'm sure that some of you know aswell how to solve it.
But i decided to create a little tool that makes the changes for you.
So if you want to play WarCraft 3 in widescreen just download this tool Warcraft 3 Widescreen (http://megaupper.com/files/1ZQBF7FG/WarCraft%203%20WideScreen.rar) and use it.
It's very simple to use, just select your resolution and click "Set resolution".

I hope this will help some of you! :tiphat:

Cen
27th April 2010, 09:48 PM
Change Warcraft 3's resolution manually.
START > run > regedit

While in the Windows Registry Editor (regedit), locate:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Blizzard Entertainment > Warcraft III > Video

Make below change in decimal format:
(Right click > Change > select "decimal" > fill in new value)
resheight = 1600
reswidth = 900

Replace width & height with whatever resolution you wanna play in, examples:
852x480 16:9 Widescreen
1280x720 16:9 Widescreen
1365x768 16:9 Widescreen
1440x900 16:10 Widescreen
1680x1050 16:10 Widescreen
1920x1200 16:10 Widescreen
320x240 4:3 Aspect ratio
2048x1535 4:3 Aspect ratio

MiZiGe
27th April 2010, 09:55 PM
he is right, why make a 800kb tool for that thing

that file looks clean btw., but I am still afraid to run it :D

Mitsuki
27th April 2010, 10:02 PM
Tested, did not recognize any threat.

dragosdydy
27th April 2010, 10:54 PM
MiZiGe...if you read everything carefully you will se that i've writen "and i'm sure that some of you know aswell how to solve it." I'm 100% sure that many of you know how to do it, how to change some values in Registry Editor, but not everyone knows it, and i think it's much easier to download a 800kb tool and make 2 clicks, than making changes in registry. That's the way how i see that problem.
I tried only to help some people who don't have the knowledges to solve a problem...if it's not welcome...you can delete it.
And it's 100% clean, i can show the source of the tool to one moderator if you are suspicious.
Greetings.:tiphat:

Mitsuki
28th April 2010, 12:46 AM
Understand us right. You come here, unknown, and shows that your program is a solution for a problem, just download run and click. And download page is kinda weird. This looks suspicious. Thats why we looked at it with a little worry.

Thx for the tool.

dragosdydy
28th April 2010, 01:19 AM
Mitsuki, i understood the problem...i have 2 posts on the forum and i posted an unknown tool...The download page is a script that upload a file to many free hosts :) to have more options when you want to download. As i said...i wanted only to help! I didn't came here with spam,worms and anything like that...I'm playing on eurobattle.net and i tried to do something for this community...i thought that tiny tool will be helpful for someone!

Have a nice day!

MiZiGe
28th April 2010, 11:38 AM
no problemo man :)

and if you are an able coder/programmer that is willing to help, there is a gabzillion of things you can do :*

efko.wbs
28th April 2010, 06:03 PM
Sup,
dunno if its ontopic but w3 on my notebook puzzles me little. When i open it in mby 70% of cases it minimizes when i click it in bar to maximize, it maximize for 2 seconds then minimize again again and again it mostly takes me 5 minutes to open it. And its not surely in graphic card coz much "heavier" games working like np. And my notebook is not widescreen, any help? Btw if so try other solutions than reinstall os etc... :)
thx

MiZiGe
29th April 2010, 10:56 AM
this can happen with some weird war3keys/customkeys utilities

Mitsuki
29th April 2010, 01:51 PM
or with programs for custom desctop widgets