PDA

View Full Version : Best energy drink?

Cen
21st April 2010, 09:12 PM
o7 guys

Qs:
Which energy drink is the best?
Which energy drink is the best offer between quality and price?
Are those cheap ED like from Spar and similar supermarket sold ED a fake? Or are some companies like RedBull keeping their prices high because they own the market?
Ex: RedBull price=1.40€
Spar energy drink: 0.38€

This is 1€ difference, which is huge, but reading the ingredients, I0'm preety sure both product contain the same amount of coffein and taurine. So where's the catch? (same goes for every other supermarket energy drinks sold under that market's brand).

Nevertheless, I'm preety sure they all taste exactly the same.

Mladenus
21st April 2010, 09:15 PM
Well, the catch is in taste.

Red Bull > all

I tasted many of energy drinks, but nothing gets me like Red Bull.

Between quality and price, well, I still think it's the Red Bull. Better give more money for good drink, than less for something worse. That's my opinion.

Lowlife
21st April 2010, 10:47 PM
can't offer any vision on the cheap supermarket energy drink and red bull
but I can tell you that there's a big difference between me on shot and me on red bull
if I drink four shots, I can go to bed like no problem
if I drink four red bulls, I'm mostly up all night/go to pee alot
:p

that's my two cents

LuDa_KinG
21st April 2010, 11:42 PM
RedBull got the best taste but its not a big difference compared to other energy drinks.
On RedBull we pay for the "Name"

Tecktonik.
21st April 2010, 11:45 PM
some1 ever tried ,,pimp juice''?? .. its probally known as 50 cent's best energy drink. the prize is like 1.30£
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/af/Pimp_Juice_energy_drink.jpg

Majestic.
21st April 2010, 11:48 PM
Guarana Black, stronk!!

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/181/blackcq5.jpg

Cen
21st April 2010, 11:49 PM
I'm not really sure if RedBull has the best taste, cuz as I said, I tried 4 different and it's all the same to me, but we have different taste.. I'm more interested in the actual content.

Btw, how long does the drink need to take effect?

@teck: never saw this so far

Lowlife
21st April 2010, 11:51 PM
Guarana Black, stronk!!

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/181/blackcq5.jpg

that one is good too

but it's been a huge while since I've drank that one
:p

Tecktonik.
21st April 2010, 11:53 PM
well energy drinks almost have the same taste .. about energy drinks ,, they have coffeine , but it never effects to me :huh:

cen .. don't forget to try pimp juice it wont disappoint you because its even more better than redbull. IMO

mossANDvanilla
21st April 2010, 11:53 PM
I'd definitely give my vote to 'burn'. It tastes good and I like the red colour:)

ArtecK
22nd April 2010, 12:25 AM
RedBull is the best :D

Mladenus
22nd April 2010, 08:48 AM
Btw, how long does the drink need to take effect?

Depends... From person to person. Personally, coffein doesn't affect my sleeping activity. But, I feel "power upped" about half an hour after I drink it.

[YuMa]Ale
22nd April 2010, 12:09 PM
shark with some % of vodka

TP_MoonStar
22nd April 2010, 12:43 PM
There's no perfect Energy drink for everyone but every one mentioned here might work well for bunch of you :) depends on what ur doing and what you usualy do.

People who are naturaly energetic wont really fell much diference taking energetic pills,drinks but lazy people will eventualy see a massive diference :).

It's all about your body, know your body and you will know the best one for you.

I'm my case i usualy take natural one before and during work since the counter effects from the one's you buy in a store (also know as i pee a lot) cannot enter on my day to day :)

Btw there's a BIG and i mean REALLY BIG diference in taking energetic drink trying not to sleep or w/e or taking energetic drinks to "power up" yourself.

Either way i do not advise red bull or any other drink :)

No sleep : cofee and if it does not work take a cafein gum. it might not work for some people because they are already used drinking cofee or cafein from somenthing daily so you might want to try somenthing diferent.

Power up : Mix some natural juice's (preferable energy C fruit ones).

Do not forget cafein might "take off" your sleep but if your body is weak and tired it wont make any good for you. You must first regulate your sleep periods and how and what you eat/drink before trying somenthing like this :)

At work we mostly get awake with cofee and natural mixed tea's. ;P i always take some tea before going to work.

Mladenus
22nd April 2010, 12:54 PM
I expected something like this from Star. Thanks, it was educational... :)

Edit: I don't coffee, or anything else with coffein (except for some energy drink sometimes). I don't know how does it not affect my sleeping, I guess my body doesn't react to it...

[YuMa]Ale
22nd April 2010, 01:03 PM
one redbull = 20coffee's

twister__
23rd April 2010, 10:40 PM
nah in fact it's have 320 mg caffeine that's are about 3 small coffees as moonstar says 2 coffees 1 green tea and some chocolate will make the same effect to don't mention that if you drink more than 2 you could have some troubles

Herr
24th April 2010, 12:02 AM
I share some opinions here... Feeling sleepy in general means nothing other than your body telling you that it is tired.

Feeling lazy in general can be related either to your life habits or to your "internal clock", try to do some online research about it (as I'm sure none here will read a book about it). Something which can help your "energy" is sunlight. Take 10 minutes of it on your morning and feel like up!

Energy drinks is just tricking your body ;) Although coffee is good sometimes (you need some extra-time on a day, for finishing your study or extra attention care), I do not recommend doing it all the time.

Don't fight vs. your normal body activities. Be their ally. I mean... Since when a man shaving everyday stopped growing beard next morning? ;) It's a battle where you 100% lose.

paiNISTHESHIT
24th April 2010, 12:43 AM
How about B52 ? its grait and btw drink an AMD ( Adios Mothercuker) and it owns all the drinks ! :)

Cen
24th April 2010, 12:47 AM
Depends... From person to person. Personally, coffein doesn't affect my sleeping activity. But, I feel "power upped" about half an hour after I drink it.
same, I guess that's why they call it "energy" drinks. It doesn't really help against sleeping, but giving energy might have this as a "side" effect.

I share some opinions here... Feeling sleepy in general means nothing other than your body telling you that it is tired.

Feeling lazy in general can be related either to your life habits or to your "internal clock", try to do some online research about it (as I'm sure none here will read a book about it). Something which can help your "energy" is sunlight. Take 10 minutes of it on your morning and feel like up!

Energy drinks is just tricking your body ;) Although coffee is good sometimes (you need some extra-time on a day, for finishing your study or extra attention care), I do not recommend doing it all the time.

Don't fight vs. your normal body activities. Be their ally. I mean... Since when a man shaving everyday stopped growing beard next morning? ;) It's a battle where you 100% lose.
Ofc, energy drinks only when you're overloaded, not every day. It's not needed.

@ale: Agree, energy drink > caffe
caffe is a bit overrated imo

I am gonna do an "energy drink" personal research, comparing ingredients, price and taste. Will post my personal opinion and results (will only buy those that can be accesed in the every day stores).

Mladenus
24th April 2010, 10:11 AM
Good luck with it... And remember, don't overreact with it. ;)