PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft 2 Beta is out !!! :)

DragonSlayer
18th February 2010, 11:38 AM
Hello i just wanted to say that yesterday Blizzard started Starcraft 2 closed beta.
I wonder if someone from here got a key for beta? ;)
Maybe someone wanna sell/share it.
If smth msg me here or on msn (email in profile) .

TP_MoonStar
18th February 2010, 12:51 PM
I got wings of liberty beta however to get the game is just... days for me :)

but i'll try to get the game faster :)

for non beta testers, there'll problably be a torrent or somenthing very soon anyway -_-

DragonSlayer
18th February 2010, 12:57 PM
Moon can u come on the server for a moment?

Taz.
18th February 2010, 04:54 PM
I should receive one soon. Because I registered and asked to get one ..Couple of months ago.

DragonSlayer
18th February 2010, 05:16 PM
So far no luck for me :P
Too bad that there is no option to even play vs cpu without loging into battle.net =/ So no chance to check it out if you dont have the beta invite.

Taz.
19th February 2010, 03:18 AM
But how exactly can you get one ? I mean, I once registered, they said, they will give me news about the beta when its out.

DragonSlayer
19th February 2010, 10:08 AM
You need to create an Battle.net account and opt in for beta tests.
But from my experience there is really little chance to get it =/

Taz.
19th February 2010, 01:58 PM
ah.. dang .. not like heroes of newerth.. HoN you just get a beta key and play. lol. But its sux game compared to SC2.

Cen
19th February 2010, 02:51 PM
Beta is already available to download, but since you need the key...doesn't really help.

DragonSlayer
19th February 2010, 04:04 PM
It is not a demo ;) its beta client but without a key you cant do nothing.
I have the client installed but when u launch the game you need to login using your battle.net login and pass .
And on your battle.net accout you must have sc2 beta invitation. If you try to login with battle.net account that doesnt have beta invite its gonna show an error :P
No other way.
If someone got the key i am up for sharing the login if someone would be so kind. I am here long enouth i think so noone should be scared that i will do smth stupid with the account :) Just wanna try the game. I can play when the key owner will be sleeping or smth like that:P If he wants to play i wil logoff. :)
If in next wave i will get the key i can share it with someone aswell. So let me know( i need to know the person tho).
Thx in advance.

Cen
19th February 2010, 04:16 PM
*beta, my bad lol..

Taz.
19th February 2010, 04:25 PM
y me. I dont mind sharing. If I ever get one .. Since I live in canada, we have like 6-7 hours of difference...

The.Playa
19th February 2010, 05:55 PM
you can for now just watch replays but in some time crack will be completed ...

this is what you need to watch replays :

1. Install the SC2 Beta

2. Put the "Replay" folder in
C:\Users\Your_Username\Documents\StarCraft II Beta\

3. Put the "Cache" folder in(overwrite or delete the existing one)

On Windows 7/Vista place them into the directory: C:\Users\Your_Username\AppData\Local\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\

On Windows XP place them into C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\

(u will probably need to unhide folders to see them in windows settings, extras->folder options->view)

4. Put the "SWF" folder in
C:\StarCraft II Beta\Battle.net\

5. You can now access the full game menu and can play the replay files from the main menu.

playing against ai computer will follow soon...

copied from one site

and here is the proof :

http://sv1.imagefire.net/image/3fef4f94b96a.jpg

DragonSlayer
20th February 2010, 04:58 PM
From the info i have 2nd wave of keys will be sent in around 2weeks =/
And about playing vs cpu...
Some guys are saying that cpu don't have normal AI and is fucking dumb...
I guess blizz make sure that even if someone will crack the game noone will be able to play vs normal pc T_T

Taz.
20th February 2010, 07:32 PM
dude, this is blizzards latest game. Were in 2010, not 1990, like when w3 was created.. and now that can be cracked by a 6 year old. Starcraft 2 is prolly gonna have imba protection against cracks and stuff...

TP_MoonStar
20th February 2010, 08:41 PM
Starcraft II is 100% battle.net integrated and when i say 100% i meant even single player campains etc.

Noone will be able to fully crack the game without ever touching or seeing how the new battle.net interface looks like. The game is fully designed for online play and friendly gaming it wasnt suposed to be single player like (even though there's a single player mode + storyline.

I dont think blizzard care if someone ever " crack " the game for single player since they wont be able to do it for online games. You can expect a BIG time until you see private servers :) You might see some social networks as hamachi or w/e but they wont be near 10% functional and they will require original game.

bottom line is.. if you wish to play the game online you will have to buy the game. unseless you want to play LAN or somenthing else. The game protection is almost the same as every other game model :)

PS:Dragon i'm still downloading but from what i saw i would pre-order the game.

Taz.
20th February 2010, 10:59 PM
There you go :) Your answer from a reliable source ^^

Well, I will try the game from a friend.. He is a BIG fan of sc/sc2.. If I see its worth, ill just go and buy it .. I can pre order now for 70 dollars, in a shop here. Its a very known shop in all america..

DragonSlayer
20th February 2010, 11:23 PM
I am pre ordering 100% XD even without looking at the game. It is blizzard and so far they didn't let me down.
Even with WoW (its not a game for me, i didnt really enjoy playing this game because of the pvp system that i don't like). But stil game is good just not my type.
All other stuff d1,d2,sc,wc2,wc3 ...
There is no weak game in blizz collection :P

Taz.
20th February 2010, 11:44 PM
I am pre ordering 100% XD even without looking at the game. It is blizzard and so far they didn't let me down.
Even with WoW (its not a game for me, i didnt really enjoy playing this game because of the pvp system that i don't like). But stil game is good just not my type.
All other stuff d1,d2,sc,wc2,wc3 ...
There is no weak game in blizz collection :P

LOOOOOOOOl. Ive never played other then w3 and sc.. I prefer sc more then w3 tbh.

DragonSlayer
23rd February 2010, 01:34 PM
Blah yesterday was sent 2nd wave of keys , still nothing here tho T_T i hate that shit :D

Taz.
24th February 2010, 01:53 AM
+1. =.=

DragonSlayer
24th February 2010, 11:50 AM
Blizz is pissing me off.
Alot of peoples who already got a key is getting 2nd or even 3th key, while others dont have even one WTF...
And another thing ;D there is so many WoW peoples who never played any RTS in sc2 beta right now that its not even funny.
Hopefully most of them after couple games probably will get back to farming in WoW and in next wave blizz will send more keys due to too low traffic on the server. :P

To make this even better i just got sick... so now i will stay in bed all day long thinking when will be next wave... ZOMG

Cen
24th February 2010, 12:05 PM
Blizz is pissing me off.
Alot of peoples who already got a key is getting 2nd or even 3th key, while others dont have even one WTF...
And another thing ;D there is so many WoW peoples who never played any RTS in sc2 beta right now that its not even funny.
Hopefully most of them after couple games probably will get back to farming in WoW and in next wave blizz will send more keys due to too low traffic on the server. :P

To make this even better i just got sick... so now i will stay in bed all day long thinking when will be next wave... ZOMG

Wow players -> Pay to blizzard monthly
Dragonslayer -> Doesn't play WoW and that warcraft he owns is probably cracked

BLizzard: Hmm who should we give the beta key?

:D

Lowlife
24th February 2010, 12:08 PM

me
:p

DragonSlayer
24th February 2010, 12:12 PM
Wow players -> Pay to blizzard monthly
Dragonslayer -> Doesn't play WoW and that warcraft he owns is probably cracked

Eeeeee >.>

1st of all i have almost all original blizz games :P
2nd i also have an WoW account added to my battle.net account so this also is not an option ;)
I came to this server not because i didn't have original game but because of the peoples.

So Cen xD you have wrong info :P

The only reason why there is so much WoW players in sc2 beta is because there is more than 11mil WoW players atm and all of them have battle.net accounts + probably most of them opt in for all beta's (just in case).
Having WoW account doesn't change anything in the lottery. There is alot of peoples who are getting the keys and having only starcraft or any other 1game added to the account.

Cen
24th February 2010, 01:32 PM
You're lucky
http://eurobattle.net/showthread.php?t=101914

DragonSlayer
24th February 2010, 01:37 PM
It is a scam or he just fooling around.

Cen
24th February 2010, 02:41 PM
I heared he wants to sell. :p

DragonSlayer
24th February 2010, 03:57 PM
Well this dude dont even know what he is doing :D
He probably think that he is funny, making multiple posts about this on the forum, and telling different peoples same shit. :P
I just told him that i'll buy it from him if he register on moneybookers but this task was way above his skills xD so he didn't answear anymore hehe.
And now he said that he scammed couple peoples haha. I wonder who send him cash on his imaginary credit card :D
EPIC FAIL XD

Nery
24th February 2010, 05:36 PM
looks cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIZ1Iq-FWB8

Cen
24th February 2010, 08:47 PM
The whole thing reminds me on C&C: Tiberium wars.

I'm sure the graphic is polished and the whole gameplay too, but does it bring some "drastic" changes in the world of RTS games? I just want to know if I should expect a quality rts game or something new and refreshing.

DragonSlayer
24th February 2010, 09:27 PM
Can't answear your question right now ;) Will tell you when i will be able to play it.

pec
26th February 2010, 03:09 PM
Well looks like Blizzard wasted everything they could waste in WoW draining as much as they could from its customers for like 6 years. And when things go in downfall line they finally started thinking about expanding one of other strategy hit series.

Vladimir
26th February 2010, 03:26 PM
One thing that we have learned from history is that anything can be cracked, just needs time.

DragonSlayer
27th February 2010, 10:39 AM
Well looks like Blizzard wasted everything they could waste in WoW draining as much as they could from its customers for like 6 years. And when things go in downfall line they finally started thinking about expanding one of other strategy hit series.

Ha? xD
Well they announced sc2 in 2007 or 2008 :P and it was already playable, so i guess that they started working on this project right after they finished WoW.
So your theory kinda sucks xD

About the crack , there is a theory that blizz created a hole in new patch, so peoples can crack the game. Reason? simple , too many peoples crying about not getting into the beta. Never before was there so big amount of peoples interested in playing a damn game... It is too wierd that right after the patch shows up there is a crack rdy. Even peoples who did crack the game said "blizz thx for the new update".

Nery
27th February 2010, 03:56 PM
btw ds, u can watch sc2 replays with the game even if u dont have a key...

Cen
27th February 2010, 04:30 PM
Ha? xD
Well they announced sc2 in 2007 or 2008 :P and it was already playable, so i guess that they started working on this project right after they finished WoW.
So your theory kinda sucks xD

About the crack , there is a theory that blizz created a hole in new patch, so peoples can crack the game. Reason? simple , too many peoples crying about not getting into the beta. Never before was there so big amount of peoples interested in playing a damn game... It is too wierd that right after the patch shows up there is a crack rdy. Even peoples who did crack the game said "blizz thx for the new update".
In old days, they kept the game secret until release, nowadays, there are gameplay videos, beta and all shitz...it's ok to get player's feedback about the game, but this increases the launch time...for loooong time which kinda sux..

About cracks...even WoW is completely network based game but we still have loads of private servers. Even if SCII is gonna work all through the internet it won't really change anything.

DragonSlayer
28th February 2010, 10:26 AM
Umm? What kind of old days do You mean? Because even sc1 had a beta(i know person who played it^^ ).
Well gameplay videos etc. is a part of marketing. We can't blame the company for perfect marketing skills :P
But i don't think that any of this things slowing down the launch of the new games.
Blizzard always was telling ".. it will be done when it will be done..." It was like that with D2, it was like that with Wc3, WoW, and now SC2

DragonSlayer
6th March 2010, 08:34 PM
Well yesterday i got beta key for SC2 ;) after playing like 15games i must say that game imo is godlike ;) Ofc require some fixing but when they will remove some bug's and balance units its gonna be great.
The ladder system is really nice, they did a really good job.
And damn , game is so fast ;p even faster than original starcraft :D:D

DragonSlayer
18th March 2010, 02:11 PM
Another update ;) i have 1 extra key for beta sc2 anyone need ? ;) msg me

UPDATE : already gave it away.

kEnT.
18th March 2010, 03:35 PM
i need it pm me